New User
Menexis
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello My name is James and I currently live in Santa Monica, a section of Los Angeles, CA. I love to cook, especially baking and delicate stuff. I'm glad to be on here to meet new people and network with other. I find it interesting how people cook and the variation of their creativity is what I'm looking forward to. I would like to learn from other as well.

Parilee
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I just graduated from college and so am on my own, cooking for the first time! I grew up baking - cookies, pies, breads, cupcakes - but had never really cooked until this year. After a number of disastrous smoke alarm fiascos, I seem to be gradually getting the hang of it... I eat almost anything and love to experiment, but tend to prefer simpler dishes with clean flavors. 

I'd love any cookbook or recipe suggestions you all may have for someone just starting out - especially one that lets you make meals for one or two rather than 4 or 6.  Single pot cooking is also a plus - I am not a fan of doing dishes...

Thanks!

New User
IAmAFoodie
0 Kudos

This is Joan. I write the EAT SMART series of culinary guidebooks. So far I have written guides to the food of Brazil, Turkey, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland, Morocco, India, Peru and Sicily. My next guidebook will cover the cuisine of Norway.  I also lead culinary tours and recently returned from leading a tour to Turkey followed by one to Sicily. Obviously, food is my passion. I love all food books but especially like books covering food history.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:womanhappy:I will re-introduce myself..vtcozy.Maybe someone can help me.i gave away my Cooking In Palma by Richard Sidoli.Looking for a Spinach/Leek/chard/ any will do Torta Recipe..when I try to look at the index of the book online,(not available at BN)used copies as far as I can tell do not show the index.I have,sort of the basic recipe in my head.The pan I used  was a rectangular  stone 20by 2inches high.Can anyone Help?Will be eternally grateful..V.

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer