Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Chef_Rin
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

I got all the way there and got sick. So I couldnt go. It sucked big time. However I plan on making another trip to go.
From the Bottom of my Mixing Bowl,
Karrin "Chef Rin" Drake
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Chef_Rin wrote:
I got all the way there and got sick. So I couldnt go. It sucked big time. However I plan on making another trip to go.

I love Savannah but I've never been to the restaurant. Sometimes people stand outside for hours waiting to get in.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Hi, im new to the board, and yes I love food.
Especially any fried dishes, namely fried chicken, pork chops( golden brown fried to perfection). . chicken and pork? I can eat them all day everyday. Im no slob. But I grew up in a family that’s loves these kind of food that’s why. :smileysurprised:
I don’t cook, ill learn that at least three years from now. :smileysurprised:
And I believe home cooked food is the best because its cooked with love (im full of sap, sorry)
I love it when someone cooks for me. I don’t care what it tastes like. If you cooked it for me, I will find it delicious because of the gesture.
Hi everybody, im mrs Ronald weasley. :smileysurprised:
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

hmm...I'm ABI. I've decided to introduce myself as it's rather rude not to I suppose. I'm a caffeine addict (three cups a day? pitiful) and chocoholic (not life with chocolate). I'm an admirer of those gifted people who can actually cook, and though I've never poisoned anyone (coughmrsronaldcough), I can accomplish nothing beyond brownies at this point.

So...hello, and good day! :smileyhappy:
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
New User
nancym
0 Kudos

Hi,

Love to read about food, watch shows about food, eat food and at times cook it. My biggest obstacles to food preparation is a lack of time and hatred of grocery stores. I used to enjoy baking but my spouse was recently diagnosed with diabetes so we have a whole new set of food rules.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

nancym wrote:
Hi,

Love to read about food, watch shows about food, eat food and at times cook it. My biggest obstacles to food preparation is a lack of time and hatred of grocery stores. I used to enjoy baking but my spouse was recently diagnosed with diabetes so we have a whole new set of food rules.

Ohh! I know that is difficult, when you have that in the family. My family is full of those with diabetes. The book that the Diabetic Society puts out has some great receipes in it. And using alot of cinnamon in foods seem to help with diabetes. I have a son and daughter that has it. I have been diagnosed as a diabetic but haven't had to go on any medicine as of yet. It usually occurs when I am having other medical problems.
New User
jlynn
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Jamie. I live in rural GA/TN, so I am always looking for outside sources. I have three favorite types of cookbooks...Italian, Cuban, and my mom's collection of Jewish recipes she left for me when she passed. Italian is a new cooking passion for me. I spent almost a month in Italy last year and it completely changed the way I look at even the most basic recipes. Their version of Italian is completely different from ours. Also found a great kosher Italian cookbook in Venice. If anyone has any suggestions for other authentic Italian cookbooks lease let me know.
New User
Goodmom
0 Kudos

Hello fellow foodies. Brand new here. Love to cook, love to read cookbooks like novels, curled up in bed.

I just ordered What Can I Bring from the library. Has anyone read it? Own it? Like it? Her Cake Mix Doctor is a fun book.
-- Goodmom
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

jlynn wrote:
Hi! My name is Jamie. I live in rural GA/TN, so I am always looking for outside sources. I have three favorite types of cookbooks...Italian, Cuban, and my mom's collection of Jewish recipes she left for me when she passed. Italian is a new cooking passion for me. I spent almost a month in Italy last year and it completely changed the way I look at even the most basic recipes. Their version of Italian is completely different from ours. Also found a great kosher Italian cookbook in Venice. If anyone has any suggestions for other authentic Italian cookbooks lease let me know.

Hi Jlynn,

Have you discovered The Silver Spoon? It really is an amazing cookbook, and dissolves many preconceived notions about what's at the heart and soul of Italian cooking...
Reader
maryca
0 Kudos

Hi  Im Mary from Kansas.  All of this talk about food has made me hngry.  I also watched Paula Dean on the Food NNetwork.  I shoud not have done so.  Anyway she was making Country Fried Steak.  It is cold out and food always warms the soul. 
Mary C A.
New User
jill3010
0 Kudos

Hi ,
I am Jill I use the CIA Professional Chef as my  Cooking Bible.....I do enjoy reading  new cooking / Dessert books.
I also love creating new items.
New User
samm1
0 Kudos

Hi everyone -

I've just joined and love cooking, eating, traveling and more but cooking & cookbooks are a passion so thought this might be an interesting book club to start with.  Saw that someone mentioned (back in November) going to Savannah and Paula Deen's restaurant.  I'm going there in October and several people in the group want to go to Paula's restaurant.  However, I hear the wait can be very long and I don't want to spend hours of my few days in Savannah waiting in line for hours for a meal.  Anyone have any experience there?
New User
pep3
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Tiffany and I love cooking and I am wanting to dabble in Moroccan cuisine does anyone have any good suggestions
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Welcome to the club, Tiffany!

I'm embarrassed to write that I have not ventured beyond dishes involving the tagine, preserved lemons, couscous, and chicken. However, Paula Wolfert has a wonderful book entitled Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco and Claudia Roden is a widely respected and well-informed author on Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cooking.

pep3 wrote:
Hello! My name is Tiffany and I love cooking and I am wanting to dabble in Moroccan cuisine does anyone have any good suggestions

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Amber from Texas. I love to read and anything that deals with food, mainly eating. I'm not the best cook in the world but my dad likes it so thats all that matters, LOL. Whats a really good recipe to try?

Never say no to chocolate!!!
~The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he suanted forward to kill me.~

~Life is Short, So Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Laugh Uncontrolably, and NEVER Regret Anything That Once Made You Smile.~
Frequent Contributor
thefamilymanager
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Lisa.  I'm a mom of 2 teens and married for 17 years.  I love all different kinds of cookbooks and love my Grill and my crockpot. I love to marinade chicken or pork chops in different ingredients and throw them on my George Foreman Grill.  I didn't think I'd like the grill but it works great!  I also love to make a beef roast in the crockpot. 

Lisa

LMD

- if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! - Dorothy - Wizard of OZ
New User
Wyomingchicken
0 Kudos

My name is Keri. I am a mother to six small children. Yes, all from my very own womb. I am married to my military man of 14 years, and work part-time as an ER Tech. I have some hobbies, such as scrap-booking, rubber-stamping, some cross-stitching and quilting, and probably any thing else with a dash between the words. I have recently turned myself into a "Chocolatier". Sounds like some Mickey Mouse club idea, but its more of me playing in a pastry chef role. I love to bake and make chocolate desserts. Who doesn't?
Books? I am a big Anita Shreve fan. I love to read when I get the chance. I am the kind of person though that needs to make sure I have a large block of time, because once I start a book, I never want to put it down. Good or bad.

~Keri
*Covering the world in chocolate, one person at a time*

www.dovechocolateathome.com
Ind. Chocolatier #5401
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Wyomingchicken wrote:
My name is Keri. I am a mother to six small children. Yes, all from my very own womb. I am married to my military man of 14 years, and work part-time as an ER Tech. I have some hobbies, such as scrap-booking, rubber-stamping, some cross-stitching and quilting, and probably any thing else with a dash between the words. I have recently turned myself into a "Chocolatier". Sounds like some Mickey Mouse club idea, but its more of me playing in a pastry chef role. I love to bake and make chocolate desserts. Who doesn't?
Books? I am a big Anita Shreve fan. I love to read when I get the chance. I am the kind of person though that needs to make sure I have a large block of time, because once I start a book, I never want to put it down. Good or bad.

~Keri
*Covering the world in chocolate, one person at a time*

www.dovechocolateathome.com
Ind. Chocolatier #5401

I have a Dove Chocolatier that I buy from all the time. I've given the "Girls Night Out" sets as gifts to many people. Jo
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Mad.  I am currently expanding my cooking horizons.  Last summer the two ingredients I had on hand were lime and cilantro-all Summer long.  That was a delicious Summer.  I've decided to double my herb garden this Summer.  (I had a few pots on a patio and would wait longingly for my herbs to grow again, but not this year!)

I am a sucker for beautiful cookbooks but still will collect favorite recipes from friends and my sisters in my little recipe book. 

Two summers ago I went to Boston and visited an excellent restaurant named The Elephant Walk.  It was a french/vietnamese fusion dream! 

Daisy Martinez and Ina Garten are favorites and my favorite meal would include roast chicken and creme brulee.
Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Jessica wrote:

jlynn wrote:

Hi Jlynn,

Have you discovered The Silver Spoon? It really is an amazing cookbook, and dissolves many preconceived notions about what's at the heart and soul of Italian cooking...

Have you seen the French Kosher cookbook?

Italy's food was a surprise to us as well. It think the Italian food in Brooklyn must really be Sicilian. Northern Italian food is almost like French. I'd love to go to Sicily one day and see (and taste) for myself.