Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

More Great Cookbooks

Book Cover Image: Title: My Life in France, Author: Julia Child

Buy It
My Life in France
Julia Child
When she arrived in France, she was a gawky, six-foot-two, wide-eyed girl from Pasadena, unable to cook; or, for that matter, speak French. Despite this inauspicious beginning, 32-year-old Julia Child was to transform herself into a Gallic cooking genius. In this memoir, Child reminisces about her culinary training, her life in France, and her beloved husband, Paul.

Book Cover Image: Title: The Taste of Home Cookbook, Author: Beth Wittinger, Editor

Buy It
The Taste of Home Cookbook
Beth Wittinger, Editor
Four million subscribers trust the flavor choices of Taste of Home magazine and their 1,000 field editors. This cookbook is the magazine's biggest project yet. It features over 1,200 appetizer-to-dessert recipes with quick-read everyday ingredient lists, simple-to-follow instructions, and technique sidebars.

Book Cover Image: Title: The New York Times Dessert Cookbook, Author: Florence Fabricant, Editor

Buy It
The New York Times Dessert Cookbook
Florence Fabricant, Editor
A large, comprehensive book of the best dessert recipes from The New York Times in every category -- so broad and rich, it can become a classic shelf staple.

Book Cover Image: Title: Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats, Author: Rachael Ray

Buy It
Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats
Rachael Ray
In this instant kitchen classic, Ray uses her 30-minute magic to create an entire year of delicious meals without one repeat. With easy-to-understand instructions, she explains how simple variations in ingredients or preparation methods can vastly extend your repertoire as a cook.

Book Cover Image: Title: The New Moosewood Cookbook, Author: Mollie Katzen

Buy It
The New Moosewood Cookbook
Mollie Katzen
Moosewood is among the most influential vegetarian cookbooks of our time. After many inquiries and requests, the author has revised many of her recipes to be lighter and healthier.

Book Cover Image: Title: Simply Thai Cooking, Author: Wandee Young, Byron Ayanoglu

Buy It
Simply Thai Cooking
Wandee Young, Byron Ayanoglu
Thai cuisine is considered one of the world's most delicious with its unique blend of tastes: hot, sour, salty, and sweet. With fail-safe, easy-to-follow recipes, these 125 recipes include an expanded vegetarian and chicken section. Most dishes can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, and because these recipes provide excellent nutrition with little fat, they are as healthy as they are delicious.

Book Cover Image: Title: Daisy Cooks! Latin Flavors that Will Rock Your World, Author: Daisy Martinez

Buy It
Daisy Cooks! Latin Flavors that Will Rock Your World
Daisy Martinez
This book will forever dispel stereotypical notions that Latino cuisine consists of just pork, beans, rice, and burritos. In 12 meal-themed chapters, she introduces mainstream readers to the delights of Stuffed Yucca Fritters, Peruvian Minestrone, Braised Chicken with Figs, and a host of turnovers, tamales, and one-bowl meals.

Book Cover Image: Title: Windows on the World: Complete Wine Course, Author: Kevin Zraly

Buy It
Windows on the World: Complete Wine Course
Kevin Zraly
Zraly answers every question about wine; offers the most up-to-date recommendations; provides advice on buying wine in stores and on the Internet; takes you on a country-by-country, region-by-region ratings tour of the latest vintages; and starts you on your way to becoming a wine connoisseur. Abundant full-color labels and maps complete the enticing picture.

Frequent Contributor
Skyler97
0 Kudos

Re: More Great Cookbooks

One of my Favorites which is long out of print is "Mama Leone's Italian Cooking" by Gene Leone. In addition to the recipes you get a little bit of information about the dish and an antedote about a time it was served in the famous New York Restaurant.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

There are so many great cookbooks today that it can take quite a bit of time to choose one. But a staple that I've had in my kitchen (even as a kid) is the Betty Crocker Cookbook Also among my favorites are: Eat This Book, Everyday Italian, Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen, Risottos, and, believe it or not, my two Cooking with Mickey cookbooks that I bought in Walt Disney World in the early 90s. One of my daughter's favorite meals, cottage pie, comes from a Mickey cookbook.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
Skyler97
0 Kudos

One of my all time favorites is the very first cookbook I ever owned. Scolastics "Peanuts Cookbook" with such classics as Red Baron Root Beer, Freida's French Toast, Schroder's Chocolate Sauce, Happiness is a Hot Tomato and Cheese sandwich, and Violet's Hot Dog Sandich.

They were all very simple recipes designed for kids with adult supervision and each recipe had a covering page with "Peanuts" cartoons having to do with food, usually Snoopy's Supper.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

I love children's cookbooks; although I never had one myself. But we had a couple of Disney ones in our house while my children were growing up. They both liked to try recipes out of the book, as well as helping me bake Christmas cookies. One completely feel apart from use; the other is still sitting on my shelf awaiting the next generation.

Skyler97 wrote:
One of my all time favorites is the very first cookbook I ever owned. Scolastics "Peanuts Cookbook" with such classics as Red Baron Root Beer, Freida's French Toast, Schroder's Chocolate Sauce, Happiness is a Hot Tomato and Cheese sandwich, and Violet's Hot Dog Sandich.

They were all very simple recipes designed for kids with adult supervision and each recipe had a covering page with "Peanuts" cartoons having to do with food, usually Snoopy's Supper.

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon