Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

New Release: Giada de Laurentiis's Everyday Pasta

[ Edited ]
Food Network Fave's Latest Dish

Book Cover Image: Title: The Book of Air and Shadows, Author: Michael Gruber Buy It From the Publisher:

For New York Times bestselling author Giada De Laurentiis, pasta has always been one of the great pleasures of the table: it’s healthy and delicious; it can be light and delicate or rich and hearty; it’s readily available and easy to prepare -- everything you want in a meal. And nothing satisfies a craving for Italian food quite like it! In Everyday Pasta, Giada invites you to share her love of this versatile staple with more than a hundred brand-new recipes for pasta dishes, as well as for complementary sauces, salads, and sides tempting enough to bring the whole family to the dinner table.

Giada de Laurentiis is certainly one of Food Networks most popular personalities. A big part of her appeal is that, though her recipes are easy, they never feel like corners have been cut or techniques dumbed-down. Her background has a lot to do with it. Giada was born in Italy to a large family (her grandfather is legendary film producer Dino de Laurentiis) where the culture of food was integral to daily life. She later worked at Wolfgang Puck's Spago before starting her own successful catering company, which in turn led to the Food Network.

Have you made any of Giada's recipes before? How did they turn out? Are you looking forward to cooking with Everyday Pasta? Share your thoughts and comments here. Also, be sure to check out our exclusive Meet the Writers interview with Giada.

Message Edited by Jessica on 04-05-2007 10:08 AM

Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Re: New Release: Giada de Laurentiis's Everyday Pasta

I'm excited about this book coming out. I have her last two books, use them often, and plan to pick up her new one.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
New User
abarrera
0 Kudos

I record her program everyday and own one other of her cookbooks. I can't wait for this one. Her recipes are wholesome, conforting, not too difficult to carry out and they incite you to share them with family and friends.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

I agree - I love her show & her cookbooks. I have her first two & look forward to this new one as well!

abarrera wrote:
I record her program everyday and own one other of her cookbooks. I can't wait for this one. Her recipes are wholesome, conforting, not too difficult to carry out and they incite you to share them with family and friends.

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon