Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Nigella Lawson's latest

Title: Nigella ExpressBack in the day I used to wake up early on Saturdays to watch Nigella Bites.

Mostly I watched to watch her.

Much ink has already been spilled about her pleasing physical attributes, so I will dispense with that.

However, there was something magical about her kitchen. And her way in that gorgeous, light-filled kitchen. And that cluttered pantry. And that chaotic office. For one, I appreciated her casual manner. The only time she ever minded with measuring was when she baked (and when she did, she weighed her ingredients). Otherwise, she had enough trust to just plooge the yogurt into the tagine. She was such a natural in that kitchen.

There were many things about that show that just made it so pleasurable to watch. Even the shots of her surreptitiously scraping the pot de crème cup by the light of her refrigerator while in her pajamas or licking her fingers clean of some lucky and unwitting frosting felt naughty, yet unrehearsed.

Then came Nigella Feasts. This follow up to Bites, bit. Everything was loaded. Every eyeball into the camera, every bite of food, every turn of the head seemed to implore "The producers are making me be "Nigella" but I really just want to cook. Save me." To add to the sins, this show looked to be shot with videotape rather than film. Not a good show for this superfan.

The Food Network is airing her third series to coincide with Nigella Express. I hope, in this show, they allow her to just cook.

All that to ask: Is anyone else a fan?

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

New User
erisa47
0 Kudos

Re: Nigella Lawson's latest

I am also a huge fan of hers. I love to see her in her p.j.'s at the fridge. Her newest cookbook is no disappointment. There is a charisma about her that no other Food Network "star" can rival. I read her cookbooks like novels. Her command of the English language is rare in this day and age. I agree that she is not as relaxed as she was in her earlier shows, but I still love to watch her.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

I love this girl.
First of all she is gorgeous.
Second, there’s something about her that makes me
Imagine a great morning, a lovely breakfast—okay enough of my imagination
I love the way that her show is unique, she doesn’t use a lot of measurement on her cooking,
She uses her fingers to taste the food, which for me makes it look more delicious,you can see her face, her expression, and her naturalness.. it makes you think that it IS homecooked food she’s making. I love the set, really breeze and bright.. ahhh… I miss Saturday mornings with my granma..
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I knew Nigella and I would be great friends when I learned that we share a favorite comfort food...a four minute organic egg with buttered toast soldiers.  YUUUUMMM!  I recently read her latest cookbook and look forward to making several simple dishes.
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote:
I knew Nigella and I would be great friends when I learned that we share a favorite comfort food...a four minute organic egg with buttered toast soldiers. YUUUUMMM! I recently read her latest cookbook and look forward to making several simple dishes.

I remember that show. Runny egg yolks and buttered toast!

Incredible how she managed to turn something so simple into a revelation.

Which of her dishes will you try your hand at?

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I may just start with dessert first.  :smileywink:
She has a recipe for a peanutty fudge sauce that she says she gives as holiday gifts and as my husband is a complete chocaholic I think it would definitely rock his world.  Also, her hamburger recipe sounds great and I actually haven't found a special homemade recipe for those.  It's warming up now and I need more grill worthy dishes.