Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Paula Deen

I'm reading her memoir and I'm loving it.  She's so comforting and honest and open and she includes recipes that I can't wait to try.  I was surprised to learn that she got her show after 9/ll because everyone wanted to feel safe in their mom's kitchen.  Ironically, she's had a lot of anxiety problems herself, but her conquering them is very inspiring.

Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Re: Paula Deen

I've been making a recipe a day from her book and they are fabulous.  Horribly unhealthy but really yummy!
Contributor
TheEvilQueen
0 Kudos

I am in love with Paula Deen!! I love her!! She is so inspirational. I have a tip for ya, try her tomato pie from her first book. Sounds like a strange dish, but it is wonderful!!!

All hail...The Evil Queen

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
â Walt Disney
Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Warning:  I've worked my way through the recipes in her memoir and put on l0 pounds!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

TheEvilQueen wrote:

I am in love with Paula Deen!! I love her!! She is so inspirational. I have a tip for ya, try her tomato pie from her first book. Sounds like a strange dish, but it is wonderful!!!

All hail...The Evil Queen

Wow! Tomato Pie! That sounds good!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I do not have paula's cookbook but would love to have it. If I could only stop buying fiction books. I have the big plaid Homes and gardens cookbook and its not the newest one. ha. Its really old and stained galore!

But I do not care when I need to know something!

Contributor
Cookbook13
0 Kudos

I am only 13, but I love to cook. Her food is delicious. I have her cookbook for kids and I tried her egg salad and everyone loved it. I have also tried a recipe for macaroni and cheese. Big hit!
Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

I just love Paula Dean! i always watch her whenever i have the chance. i just love listening to her talk. I  live in So Cal so i never hear that southern accent around here!
* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
New User
TeaMD
0 Kudos

Paula's Tomato Pie is a must have dish when tomatoes are at their peak in the summer.  It is so delicious!

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Favor:  Could someone "Add Product" for her first book?  I will also try to figure out which one that is, but my 3-year-old daughter is absolutely gaga for tomatoes and I think this tomato pie sounds very interesting.

Thanks!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

TiggerBear,

Here's a shortcut to the recipe on FoodTV.com.

I am not sure which book it is in, but in the meantime I thought that might help. Looks like an extraordinarily simple, very tasty recipe.

Allison

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Thanks it's for Basson-Mommy (yeah sorry, if I misspelled your name) though.

Reader 2
NanaKS
0 Kudos

I saw Paula prepare the Tomato Pie on her show and I thought it looked wonderful. I hurried to my computer and grabbed the recipe. Now I just have to wait for the tomatos next summer and I'm going to give the recipe a try!

Cheryl