Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Paula Deen

I'm reading her memoir and I'm loving it.  She's so comforting and honest and open and she includes recipes that I can't wait to try.  I was surprised to learn that she got her show after 9/ll because everyone wanted to feel safe in their mom's kitchen.  Ironically, she's had a lot of anxiety problems herself, but her conquering them is very inspiring.

Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Re: Paula Deen

I've been making a recipe a day from her book and they are fabulous.  Horribly unhealthy but really yummy!
Contributor
TheEvilQueen
0 Kudos

I am in love with Paula Deen!! I love her!! She is so inspirational. I have a tip for ya, try her tomato pie from her first book. Sounds like a strange dish, but it is wonderful!!!

All hail...The Evil Queen

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
â Walt Disney
Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

Warning:  I've worked my way through the recipes in her memoir and put on l0 pounds!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

TheEvilQueen wrote:

I am in love with Paula Deen!! I love her!! She is so inspirational. I have a tip for ya, try her tomato pie from her first book. Sounds like a strange dish, but it is wonderful!!!

All hail...The Evil Queen

Wow! Tomato Pie! That sounds good!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I do not have paula's cookbook but would love to have it. If I could only stop buying fiction books. I have the big plaid Homes and gardens cookbook and its not the newest one. ha. Its really old and stained galore!

But I do not care when I need to know something!

Contributor
Cookbook13
0 Kudos

I am only 13, but I love to cook. Her food is delicious. I have her cookbook for kids and I tried her egg salad and everyone loved it. I have also tried a recipe for macaroni and cheese. Big hit!
Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

I just love Paula Dean! i always watch her whenever i have the chance. i just love listening to her talk. I  live in So Cal so i never hear that southern accent around here!
* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
New User
TeaMD
0 Kudos

Paula's Tomato Pie is a must have dish when tomatoes are at their peak in the summer.  It is so delicious!

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Favor:  Could someone "Add Product" for her first book?  I will also try to figure out which one that is, but my 3-year-old daughter is absolutely gaga for tomatoes and I think this tomato pie sounds very interesting.

Thanks!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

TiggerBear,

Here's a shortcut to the recipe on FoodTV.com.

I am not sure which book it is in, but in the meantime I thought that might help. Looks like an extraordinarily simple, very tasty recipe.

Allison

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Thanks it's for Basson-Mommy (yeah sorry, if I misspelled your name) though.

Reader 2
NanaKS
0 Kudos

I saw Paula prepare the Tomato Pie on her show and I thought it looked wonderful. I hurried to my computer and grabbed the recipe. Now I just have to wait for the tomatos next summer and I'm going to give the recipe a try!

Cheryl