Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Please welcome our new moderator, Allison Fishman!

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we have a new moderator for this board - The_Wooden_Spoon.  Please give her a warm welcome and post here to introduce yourselves!   

Jon

Message Edited by The_Wooden_Spoon on 04-03-2009 08:38 AM
Message Edited by Jon_B on 06-05-2009 06:58 AM

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Please welcome our new mdoerator, The_Wooden_Spoon!

Welcome ,Jon keeps us all in line so when a few of us saw your name The_Wooden_Spoon, I thought on no NOT The Spoon...Great name and will visit often to see what is going on..and share..Good Luck..VTC   
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

Re: Please welcome our new moderator, The_Wooden_Spoon!

Thanks for the intro, Jon and the hello, Vermont!

I'm thrilled to jump into fray here in Food and Drink. In fact, right now I'm planning for the holidays and eager to learn what everyone's making. I'll start a new thread shortly to this end.

Regarding the name, I know -- The Wooden Spoon has all kinds of connotations. In England, it's a booby prize for coming in last, here in the US it makes us thing of what bad things happen if you bother mom while she's cooking. 

I hope to not be either! The Wooden Spoon is the name of a cooking school I run in Brooklyn. So I like to use my Wooden Spoon to get the culinary conversation moving -- as I hope to do here. Looking forward! 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi..Stopping in to say Hi..Glad that you are from Bklyn..I was raised in Brooklyn,and Manhattan,lived in Manhattan(upper west side0fast forward I am now in a Wonderful Sate..Vt is all abut food(well 60%) we like freas if possible,usually farmers markets all year Rd...and just organic,which is what we strive for "Local First" is an organization that we have here that totally supports the farmers,etc...It must be fun to have your own cooking school..have you been in the food industry?  I will do my Passover thing with my Daughter and friends.....Your Sephardic table sounds wonderful..will be back again,and will get another person to post as well..will pm her or just go where she is on a board..We like to promote here(its my background as well)  See you here againV
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Welcome.

I've never heard a bad connotation. Run across a couple of restaurants with that name though.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Just curious over the moniker change.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Welcome, Allison! It's always fun to have a new moderator join the B&N family!