Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
carmen22

Springtime...

Springtime is my Favorite time of year it's when all Fruits are the most juicy and delicious!! In light of my Springtime Madness and these wonderful Fruits I thought I would share a Wonderful Fruit Dip Recipe:

Ingredients:

7oz jar of Jett Puffed Marshmallow Creme

8oz Cream Cheese

Now all you need to do is Blend (I would recommend using a hand held electric blender and if you don't have one then I would let the cream cheese soften so it won't be clumpy when mixed) and refrigerate for 15 minutes. WaLa the best fruit dip ever lol!!! Really good for Parties everyone will be all over it LOL!!

Well I hope you enjoy and if you try it let me know what you thought!!! If anyone would like to add any of there favorites FEEL FREE!! Have a Happy Easter!!!

P.S. To Moderator if I'm not aloud to do this then you are more than welcome to erase.

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman

Re: Springtime...

[ Edited ]

Carmen,

By all means share your recipes -- this is the perfect place to do it. Your dip sounds like a sweet fluffy cloud; I can see how it would move fast.

Myself, I like playing with vegetables, and right now they're practically giving asparagus away. Here's a recipe I made up for a raw asparagus salad:

Asparagus Tangle with Anchovy Vinaigrette

2 anchovies, rinsed and drained (or 1 tsp anchovy paste)

1 small garlic clove, peeled
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

4 tablespoons very good extra virgin olive oil

1 pound assorted thick asparagus (purple, green and white)

1/2 cup Parmesan curls

To prepare the vinaigrette: In the bowl of a small food processor, add anchovies, garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the mixture becomes a puree. With the motor running, slowly add olive oil;season to taste with salt and pepper.

To prepare the asparagus: lay the asparagus on a cutting board, and shave with a vegetable peeler, starting at the widest part of thestalk. Continue until all the asparagus has been shaved into thin strips.

Toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette and season with additional pepper. Place on individual serving plates and garnish with Parmesan curls.

Anyone else have nice seasonal recipes to share? If it's from a book, let us know the book name and link if possible.

Best,

TWS 

Message Edited by The_Wooden_Spoon on 04-14-2009 09:01 AM