Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
ChefJon
0 Kudos

Thanks, Wine Diva

Readers, Please join me in thanking The Wine Diva for her time, humor and wine wisdom that she shared with us this month. I learned a lot about wine from her book and the discussion and hope you did too. Christine will be with us until the end of the month so you still have a few days to get your questions in. Typically B&N leaves the board open a few weeks after for people to read and continue the discussion but this weekend will end the official author visit.
BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks, Wine Diva

[ Edited ]

ChefJon wrote: Readers, Please join me in thanking The Wine Diva for her time, humor and wine wisdom that she shared with us this month. I learned a lot about wine from her book and the discussion and hope you did too. Christine will be with us until the end of the month so you still have a few days to get your questions in. Typically B&N leaves the board open a few weeks after for people to read and continue the discussion but this weekend will end the official author visit.

I second that, Chef Jon -- Let's all thank Christine for spending time with us on the boards.

And I can't wait to show up at the first BBQ of the summer with some sparkling wine!

Jessica
Book Club Editor

Message Edited by BookClubEditor on 03-29-2007 03:53 PM

Contributor
ChocolateFiend
0 Kudos

Thanks to both the Wine Diva and Chef Jon!
Christine- I found your book very readable and useful!
Chocolate Fiend
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, many thanks to Wine Diva for being here. I was not posting actively but I think I picked up some information that will be very useful.

I also want to thank Jon for his splendid input over the months since this forum started. I notice that I am definitely more daring in the kitchen due to your advice.
How about this as a side dish to baked salmon? Cut the green from a leek thinly, sauté (is it called so? ) in butter together with thinly cut 'sticks' of a carrot and sliced garlic, spice: marjory, turmeric, black peppar and some dash of cinnamon, salt , sugar lemon. Add lightly boiled cauliflower and some cashew nuts. Stirr.

It worked! A moment of wild experiment, but it woudl have been much better with some dry (? I guess) white wine.

So I hope to see some new intereting foodie discussions on this food forum.

Are we going to discuss the ethnic cook book that is announced? I do not have his "success first book about cooking everything" but it all sounds intriquing.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

That sounds good, Ziki. A bit of freshly-grated ginger might be nice in that too... ginger and carrots are a pretty classic combination, and certainly would compliment the salmon too.

ziki wrote:
How about this as a side dish to baked salmon? Cut the green from a leek thinly, sauté (is it called so? ) in butter together with thinly cut 'sticks' of a carrot and sliced garlic, spice: marjory, turmeric, black peppar and some dash of cinnamon, salt , sugar lemon. Add lightly boiled cauliflower and some cashew nuts. Stirr.

It worked!

ziki

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill?

Does this mean Jon is not moderating this board either? This is absolutely disasterous!!!

You've got rid of the best people!
ziki