Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

Where did you find the last recipe you enjoyed?

I'm wondering where you are finding recipe ideas these days -- magazines? cookbooks? web? television? Let's share where we're getting the last successful recipe we followed (not just something you "made up" in the kitchen). 

My most recent find was how to cook shisito peppers -- I cruised the web for a recipe, and ended up combining a few. It was very simple: I tossed the pepper with salt and oil, then put them on a smoking hot griddle, and good them until they blistered and browned. Very good.

Prior to that, I used a really nice romesco recipe from epicurious.com.

How about you? Where are you finding recipe ideas?

Allison 

Frequent Contributor
Cycling_Chef
0 Kudos

Re: Where did you find the last recipe you enjoyed?

I almost always use www.epicurious.com for recipe searches. It's a user-friendly website and you can save favorites in your recipe box.

Contributor
brittanybe
0 Kudos

I love allrecipes.com . Also, this very moment I am enjoying pumpkin bread made from a recipe from Elise at simplyrecipes.com

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

I found in frustration one day that just typing in goggle search box the ingredients, I'll get hundreds or thousands of recipes.

Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I find this really interesting (do you?) -- looks like we're all going online for our recipe ideas. So in terms of cookbooks, what is the last cookbook you purchased/were given? How long ago, and was it a gift or a purchase?

Also -- was the last food related book you obtained a cookbook or more of a food memoir/narrative? The last cookbook I received was Serious Barbeque by Adam Perry Lang, and it was a gift (great bbq book, btw -- some of the best food photography I've ever seen in a cookbook).

Allison

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Organic Cook's Bible

was the last recipe book I bought, around 6 months ago

My Life in France

was the last memoir I got, last month

The Everything Fondue Cookbook

was the last gift recipe book I recieved, Christmas

However my Mom did find the woefully out of print Fanny Farmers Cookbook. Someone typed it all up on the web somewhere. Printed it out for me and bindered it.

And blast it, looks like Add Product's broke again!

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

The last cookbooks I got were a gift, given together.

Martha Stewart's Cookies & Martha Stewart's Cupcakes  

The last cookbook I bought for myself was

Jacques Torres' Year in Chocolate 

I found that the recipe in the book creates Chocolate Chip Cookies that taste exactly like the ones served in his shoppes!

New User
HungryhippoVF
0 Kudos

I got my last recipe from a website called What's cooking America.  The layout of the website is really plain but I love the history lessons on different foods. There's an index so when you see an ingredient that you don't have a clue about, you can look it up. Cool site!

New User
saucychick
0 Kudos

I have 500 cookbooks and am cooking my way through all of them. A good friend once said to me: One good recipe from a cookbook justifies having the cookbook. So I'm making one good recipe from each of mine to justify to my husband having so many. (I'm sharing my successes and failures on my internet radio show ,Join Us at the Table. All about food and culture. Have talked to Alice Waters, Marcus Samuelsson, Cat Cora, John T. Edge, food writers, historians, technicians and, of course, chefs. My co-host and I have been called "The Car Guys of Food. Give a listen at blogtalkradio.com/joinusatthetable.)

Last week, i made Greek-inspired stuffed zucchini from Joanne Weir's From Tapas to Meze. It's one of my culinary "bibles,'' which i return to again and again.

Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

My husband who does much of the cooking in our house, finds a lot of good and quick one skillet recipes on labels of cans. The last one was from a Del Monte green bean can. 

I also like AllRecipes, and sites like Betty Crocker, Kraft, McCormick, and others...

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Contributor
Cesspria
0 Kudos

Taste of Home Best Church Suppers Over 600 Potluck Favorites!  

The mexican lasagna out of this book was my most recent favorite. Taste of Home books in general are wonderful.

I have gotten some really good ones, including holiday recipes I have used for 6+ years running, from Allrecipes.com. They have a cookbook out with some of their best recipes, and the ones I use are all in there.

Inspired Wordsmith
NJMetal
0 Kudos

I recieved Emeril 20-40-60  as a secret Santa gift this past year.  I can say withouta shadow of a doubt it is the most used cookbook in our household (and we have several)  So many of the recipies are so simple and so delicious and so "Emeril"  The Caldo Verde soup was timeless and hands down, the recipie for Garlicy Bok Choy is now made several times a month in our house.

In regard to online resources, I always start with Yahoo! Food which leads me to sites like: Eatwell.com, Epicurious.Com and of course Food Network.  Also, Planet Green's Emeril Green has been a recent source of wonderful recipies.

"We always condemn most in others, that which we fear most in ourselves." -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Contributor
Veggiechiliqueen
0 Kudos

Last month, I was looking for a way to use up my tahini and garbanzo beans and found a great basic hummus recipe on Allrecipes.

I also finally got around to making the Mocha Ricotta Cake with Ganache Icing from Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters. It was fantastic. I substituted a chocolate wafer crust for the graham crackers. I've tried about fifteen of the recipes from this book, and all but one were repeats.

New User
Ethereader
0 Kudos

well, im sure the last recipe i enjoyed, were martha stewarts, sweet potato biscuits. i made them myself they were awsome, i ate them with some honey and a glass of milk. mmm delicious, find the recipe online at marthastewart.com , you look in food, then click on recipes adn type sweet potato biscuits, try them they are very good.