Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

"Less Is More" Recipes

Some of my favorite foods are really very simple. Summer corn on the cob with butter and pepper. Apple wedges with peanut butter and honey. Sauteed spinach with garlic and ginger.

It's amazing what can be accomplished with 3 ingredients (or less!). What are some of your favorite ultra-simple recipes?

Jessica
Book Club Editor
Frequent Contributor
KristyR
0 Kudos

Re: "Less Is More" Recipes

Two of our favorite side dishes are that way, roasted aparagus - asparagus, olive oil, salt & pepper roasted at 450* then topped with shredded parmesan cheese, and roasted carrots - carrots, olive oil, salt & pepper roasted at 450* then sprinkled with fresh dill, both are super easy and yummy!
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Those sound great -- especially the carrots. I find that they have so much flavor on their own that it doesn't take much to bring it out, so I also spare the heavy flavors on them. It's amazing what a little bit of fresh herbs and a few dashes of pepper can do for fresh vegetables...
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you need any recipes for less is more style in the kitchen.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

ziki wrote:
I don't think you need any recipes for less is more style in the kitchen.

ziki

Oh, I don't know. I've seen some really unique flavor combinations in 5 ingredients or less. Things I may not have thought of in a million years.

Something like Pineapple Mango Salsa may seem old hat these days, but when it first hit the scene, I know I wasn't the only person to think, "wow!"

Some of my other favorites are Fried Green Chili Wontons, Fresh Thai Spring Rolls, and West African Groundnut Stew.

Anyone else?

Jessica
Book Club Editor
Frequent Contributor
KristyR
0 Kudos

Here is one for fruit salsa that my kids love (we used canned or frozen fruit in the winter and fresh in the summer). Mix small pieces of peaches, kiwi, and raspberries with lime juice, lime zest, and a little sugar. Serve with tortillas, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, cut into wedges, and baked until crispy. You could definitely add a lot of other things to this, but for my kids, the simpler the better!
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

KristyR wrote: Here is one for fruit salsa that my kids love (we used canned or frozen fruit in the winter and fresh in the summer). Mix small pieces of peaches, kiwi, and raspberries with lime juice, lime zest, and a little sugar. Serve with tortillas, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, cut into wedges, and baked until crispy. You could definitely add a lot of other things to this, but for my kids, the simpler the better!

I love that idea -- homemade cinnamon/sugar tortilla chips!

Jessica
Book Club Editor
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

The sauteed spinach with garlic and ginger sounds de-lish!  Thanks for sharing that.