Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Forgács Szuszá on A JÓ KATONA

Choisya wrote:
That full review, with the quote in context, is very amusing, very tongue in cheek.

I just didn't find it relevant to post the whole link and that for several reasons.

:-)
ziki
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Re: Forgács Szuszá on A JÓ KATONA

Choisya wrote:
I wouldn't have an affair with anyone described as 'good':smileyvery-happy:

And I wouldn't have an affair with anybody described as not 'good.'
0 Kudos

Re: On being good.

What a relief:smileyvery-happy:

Everyman wrote:

Choisya wrote:
I wouldn't have an affair with anyone described as 'good':smileyvery-happy:

And I wouldn't have an affair with anybody described as not 'good.'

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Goodness!

[ Edited ]
Choisya, you're too much! Ziki, although I think TGS is very depressing, I'm enjoying our conversation here. I'll just assume your second question was rhetorical!

ziki wrote:
How do you like the book?

Message Edited by pmath on 02-10-200710:26 PM

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

pmath

pmath wrote: I'll just assume your second question was rhetorical!

No questions of mine are rhetorical, LOL.

ziki ;-)
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

A JÓ KATONA

Choisya wrote:I wouldn't have an affair with anyone described as 'good':smileyvery-happy:
Everyman wrote:And I wouldn't have an affair with anybody described as not 'good.'

-----
Hmmm.....OK, as long as you don't marry each other you'll be fine.

ziki :-D
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

goodness gratious

I finished the book and now I need a stiff drink. Or rather three. I will do my best to discuss it in proper places but right now my head is spinning. The end image I have of Dowell is pretty distressing.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

movie

In 1981 they did an adaptation of Good Soldier and it looks like it will be released on DVD in April 2007.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085022/
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Re: movie

ziki wrote:
In 1981 they did an adaptation of Good Soldier and it looks like it will be released on DVD in April 2007.

The mind boggles as to how they could make a movie if this book,
0 Kudos

poison

[ Edited ]
Any chemist around?

FMF killed Florence with prussic acid which is nothing else by Zyklon B that Nazi used in camps.

Solution in water is possible but I wonder is that what boils at 26°C? If so how could she keep it with her all that time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussic_acid

Message Edited by ziki on 02-11-200707:38 PM

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:The mind boggles as to how they could make a movie if this book,

Exactly; there is not much dialog and I wonder how they handled that...plus all the flashbacks and stuff.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Bad Nauheim-Elvis was there!

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I would think it gave the director cart blanche to do what he/she liked. It would be an improvement on all the films where they have murdered the dialogue:smileysurprised:

ziki wrote:

Everyman wrote:The mind boggles as to how they could make a movie if this book,

Exactly; there is not much dialog and I wonder how they handled that...plus all the flashbacks and stuff.

ziki

Message Edited by Choisya on 02-11-200705:49 PM

Contributor
KathleenVitale
0 Kudos

Re: Community room and extras

Okay I really liked the story! But I think it's because I tend to be attracted to those who possess a 'destructive force of fulfillment'. I don't believe I have one :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

comment on V.Woolf

post copied:

IlanaSimons wrote:double great!

heheh,
we might make another drink out of this one: great woolf on the rocks. ;-)

ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

KV

KathleenVitale wrote:
Okay I really liked the story! But I think it's because I tend to be attracted to those who possess a 'destructive force of fulfillment'. I don't believe I have one :smileyhappy:

Lucky you!

ziki
jd
Frequent Contributor
jd
0 Kudos

Re: KV

by the by - if any are in S. Cal, the Ahmanson has E. Albee's "Who is afraid of V. Woolf, and it is extraordinary. Kathleen Turner as Martha is perfect--- Speaking of destructive fulfillment. Really like the term as applied to TGS and the play, jd
Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 243 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: