Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
0 Kudos

Growing your own herbs for tea?

does anyone do this? if so, what are yuor favorite combinations? i find my lemongrass, camomille and lavender combo to be great when you suffer from insomnia or restlessness at night =) i also like my rose and dandelion teas.

id liek to know your combonations if you have any!

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Growing your own herbs for tea?

[ Edited ]
New Herb Bible 

20,000 Secrets of Tea 

Healthy Teas 

Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
0 Kudos

wow thanks! any advice on how to grow spearmint? i cant for th elife of me get it to grow! (yet the mandrake took off like a rocket.. >.<)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

LunaMoth wrote:

wow thanks! any advice on how to grow spearmint? i cant for th elife of me get it to grow! (yet the mandrake took off like a rocket.. >.<)

You can't get spearmint to grow? Are you sure they labeled the plant right? Spearmint is like kudzu - it can take over the garden if you're not careful. Peppermint is the same. I've grown several kinds of mint and I always put them in containers because they are so hard to control in planting beds.

If you really can't get it to grow, it might not be getting enough sun. Or too much water (or not enough). Do other plants grow in the location where you planted it? Maybe the soil is worn out. You might want to have it tested. Your county extension service can arrange that; it's usually pretty cheap.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Best advice I've got for growing mint is keep the soil moist, keep it from freezing, and mixed shade. Yes I know shade sounds wrong, but too much sun just cooks the mint stems and that keeps is small and weak. A little shade, a little sun, moist not wet soil, keep from freezing and don't over pick too many of it's leave. Then not only will it grow like a weed, you can keep the same bush for years.

Got a 6 year old peppermint my self. That Rosemary and Sage I just can't kill. Even this last supper wet year. Put some stones in the bottom when I moved them to bigger pots and they rode through.

Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
0 Kudos

i will keep all that in mind and ill make a small place for the spearmint in another area of the yard. =)

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Not supper SUPER, freaking spell check is broke!