Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Have you picked out a garden calendar yet?

I've bought a couple of calendars as gifts; now I'm trying to pick a couple for me. These are some nice ones I've found. (Add Product isn't working, so I'm just posting the images right now.)

2010 Garden Birds of North America Wall Calendar by Willow Creek Press: Calendar Cover

Cover Image

Cover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover ImageCover Image

2010 Organic Kitchen Garden Wall Calendar by Ann Lovejoy: Calendar Cover
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Have you picked out a garden calendar yet?

[ Edited ]

I buy lots of calendars at Xmas to send to friends. They are an inexpensive and useful gift which I think remind you of the giver when you turn a page each month.  I also have one in every room of the house, alternating between cats and gardens:smileyhappy:. I prefer the slim calendars with a line to write on for each day.  I also buy family organiser calendars, with several columns, for my busy children and  I write the birthday of each family member on them, which they find a very useful aide memoire.

Until a couple of years ago I made my own calendars using family, pet and garden photos I had taken throughout the year.  There are a number of free calendar making programs, like this one, on the net. I used double-sided A4 glossy brochure paper, which is like that used on the calendars you buy, then had them spiral bound at a local print shop.  For sending abroad at a cheaper rate I printed a collage of photos on heavier weight card and attached a small calendar at the bottom and a ribbon 'hook' at the top.  They were all very popular:smileyhappy:.    

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My sister made us all calendars of family pictures last year -- it was a big hit. I have a couple friends who are talented photographers as well as gardeners, and they've sent me some beautiful calendars of their own garden photos. 

I have a tradition of buying this calendar for myself every year:

Cover Image

It always has really interesting paintings. This year I bought this one:

2010 Woodland Faeries Wall Calendar by Linda Ravenscroft: Calendar Cover

And I always have one of these "note nook" calendars:

2010 Botanical Garden Note Nook Wall Calendar by Avalanche Publishing, Inc.: Calendar Cover

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My sister always has these calendars on her Christmas wish list:

2010 Heart of the Home - Susan Branch by Susan Branch: Calendar Cover

I've been on a fairies kick and wanted to buy all of these:

2008 Flower Fairies Mini Wall Calendar by Graphique de France: Calendar Cover

2010 World of Faerie Wall Calendar by Brian Froud: Calendar Cover

2010 Faerie Houses Wall Calendar by Sally J. Smith: Calendar Cover

Some of these are out of stock -- if you don't have your 2010 calendars yet, there are a lot of bargains at B&N right now.