Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Important Announcement!

:smileyvery-happy: Oh my CAT DANCING! YES! (laughing)

We would absolutely love to have the prize of this thread over in Wordsmithonia. No one voiced any objections, so if you got the powers that be go ahead. By all means. :smileyvery-happy:

KathyS
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke, and for the pretty flower...and the spastic cats!  LOL  It's been a gloomy day here, too.  Not cold, just overcast, and getting ready for our weekend 'storm'...more rain coming tonight....so get ready at your end.  Weather like this makes me tired and grumpy.  So forgive me if I sounded that way.  I tried taking a nap, but every time I'd doze off, my body would twitch, just like those cats! And back awake I'd be!  I hate that~  Makes me grumpier than I already am! Grrrrrrrrrrr..... I need my ten hours of beauty sleep! 
becke_davis wrote:

Kathy - I think it's a wonderful idea. Those are my feelings - I'm all for it. It would be lovely to preserve a piece of this board at Wordsmithonia. Thanks for suggesting it!

I can switch it, too, but I wasn't sure if there was some kind of policy about it with the board dissolving. I've asked Paul and if he's okay with it, I'll move it - if that's what you all want.

It's too gloomy today; we need something to brighten up the place.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've been grumpy, too, Kathy - cabin fever. It's snowing again. I'm banging my head against the wall. No word from Paul on this yet. Meanwhile:

Happy Saturday

KathyS
0 Kudos

I got my ten hours sleep last night!  I feel much better, today...  

I just looked outside, and saw the fog is rolling over the tops of the hills, and sun wanting to peek through. Kind of like the slopes that those poor skiers had to plow their way through this week!  No snow, here, just the rains coming down, and the wind blowing!  Do I dare get out of bed?  What would Winnie-The-Pooh, do?  Fly a kite!  (Actually,  I'm up and dressed, and thinking about food!)

Becke,  I hope your grumpiness gets better, too!

Here are a couple of chairs on the sea shore, one for you and one for me!  No B&N!  Just bring suntan lotion and a book!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I've been grumpy, too, Kathy - cabin fever. It's snowing again. I'm banging my head against the wall. No word from Paul on this yet. Meanwhile:

Happy Saturday

(chuckle)  You can dance if you want to...:smileyvery-happy:
Seriously I send you guy some of our wind to blow the white stuff elsewhere, too much of wind here. I looked outside today  to find my house flag shreaded and ripped, wind power alone.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I think we ALL need that vacation! Guess what I found by my driveway (in the snow) today? ANTLERS! The second pair I've found in my yard - I use them as garden decorations. These were pretty big - four points.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Becke..Didn't we make plans ?Leaving for a short trip to 'The Virgin Islands" before we go to  Italy...I have an Antler Lamp.that was made of course by a Vt.Artist friend...i didn't know you lived in the woods,like I do?..All I see are tracks every morning no antlers...Must look around..Vtc..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm so ready for Italy!

becke_davis
0 Kudos