Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Wordsmithonia Invitation - Holiday Gathering

OFFICIAL HOLIDAY INVITATION FROM THE KINGDOM OF WORDSMITHONIA

All are invited to this holiday party

Friends, Neighbors, Loved ones...even the little critters that tromp through the flower beds, are invited! Also invited are the Moderators of these boards, as well as Administrators.  I know some live in the dark forests on the outskirts of our realms, and only peek their heads out when necessary, but please, everyone, feel welcome to attend. 

As Queen of Wordsmithonia, I represent our small Kingdom, in hopes you all will consider this an extended hand of friendship across the boards.  There will be tree decorating, songs to sing,  dancing, swimming (yes, we have heated pools in our kingdom) and food and drinks made by our own chiefs, and stewards, and everyone is always welcome to bring a nosh or two, a favorite recipe, or favorite holiday memory to share. 

Come to The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia and see what's happening this season!  Places to go, people to see, and stories to be told "of old".  No title is necessary upon this visit.  The only provision we require is that you keep a smile on your face, and no skinny dipping in the ponds.  A few past indiscretions by a certain Queen Pollanasia of Gardenclubonia, left her pantaloons dripping for all to see.  We wish to avoid further incidences.

May light shine upon you from above, and give you peace always.

Queen Mother of Wordsmithonia, Duchy of Highland Palms

Kathy S.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Wordsmithonia Invitation - Holiday Gathering

"No skinny dipping in the ponds.  A few past indiscretions by a certain Queen Pollanasia of Gardenclubonia, left her pantaloons dripping for all to see.  We wish to avoid further incidences."

Moi? Surely not.

KathyS
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

"No skinny dipping in the ponds.  A few past indiscretions by a certain Queen Pollanasia of Gardenclubonia, left her pantaloons dripping for all to see.  We wish to avoid further incidences."

Moi? Surely not.

Ha!  If the pantaloons fit..... :smileyhappy:

Thanks for coming over to the board.  Did you see the Christmas stuff?  I'll talk to you later.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Moi? Surely not.

From what Lady Tiggerbear remebers, you weren't the only one at that party losing articles of clothing. (smile)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My goodness -- I go away for a couple of hours, and all kinds of things are going on! I just popped into to Kathy's kingdom briefly, but I'll come back tomorrow and visit all the new places!