Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

About the Getting Published Book Club

[ Edited ]
Welcome to Getting Published, an open conversation about the often intimidating, always exciting world of publishing.

You've finished your book, but now what? How do you get your book on the shelves and into the hands of your readers? This is the place to learn about this process, to ask questions, and hear stories from others about their experiences in publishing.

Enjoy the forum, and good luck in Getting Published!

Message Edited by Jessica on 04-17-2008 09:43 AM
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Re: About the Getting Published Book Club

I also may be of some service for assisting in publishing. I am Dr Clarence Rucker (Author of "Heaven At Its Best," and I am affliated with "Authorhouse." My websight is, "heavenatitsbest.com." Prior to publication, the "galley" is reviewed carefully with the writer, and the "general layout items would be verified.
CRuck
New User
thayley
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi, my daughter is in the middle of writing her first book. I'd classify it as a teen romance novel. When we were in the book store a few days ago she said to me, "Mom, soon my book is going to be right here on the table with these other books." Needless to say, she's very determined and I want to do what I can to help her. I don't know the first thing about getting it "to the table" and we don't have funds to be extravagant. I'm hoping to pick up some tips here.

Message Edited by thayley on 01-05-2008 11:39 PM

Message Edited by thayley on 01-05-2008 11:40 PM
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Thayley, for further discussion, if you wish, you can contact heavenatitsbest.com or revruc1@yahoo.com. No promises but, "perseverance is the womb of success."
CRuck
Contributor
badriya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I'd like to know if " the getting published book club" concerns only Romance, or Literature books.

I have just finished writing a book about "mathematics" specially about" the order of operations and the mistakes done by certain calculators"

Could you tell me how to do to get my book published?

With my best wishes

Badriya

Take a look at my review for the " everyday math for everyday life"here at :
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780446677264&tabname=custreview

Message Edited by badriya on 02-01-2008 04:09 PM
your brain also needs a workout.7 strategies to give your brain a workout at : http://www.atadri.com/7strategies.html
Contributor
cell16
0 Kudos

Hi, this is my third book club! Im from england! i have finished one of my story but dont feel its ready to be published! I would like to share parts of it with people and see what they think!

I can't wait to get into a great discussion! ! !
New User
atadri
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder why my name is not on my review of:

Take a look at my review for the " everyday math for everyday life"here at :
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780446677264&tabname=custreview

I am the author of this review, and I see that the reviewer is anonymous