Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
cyresecovelli
0 Kudos

E-books & E-Publishing

After completing my paranormal romance for young adults, "Witchfire," I had my first manuscript in hand, but then came the hard part! Following just over a year of receiving ultimately encouraging, but non-fruitful rejection letters from literary agencies,  I decided to take my manuscript to an e-publisher. I finally signed with synergebooks.com who has agreed to publish my entire series of seven books. Two of my favorite authors were discovered through e-publishing and are now New York Times Bestsellers. In the literary world, it is difficult to get your foot in the door. I believe that epublishing gives the writer a firmer foothold in achieving their goals for a more mainstream publication.

I do have my reservations about paying a publishing house to edit and/or publish my book in any form. I do not believe it is necessary to pay to have your book published. In fact, it seems ridiculous to me. With epublishing, the writer does pay a percentage from each download/sale of their book to their online publisher, but the writer does not pay for editing or book cover design or the multiple versions of formatting needed to distribute the book to various online ebook dealers.

I am all for self-publishing, but I do not believe you should have to pay for these services any more than a percentage of your sales.

Cyrese Covelli
"Magic Ignites With A Bite."