Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

About Harlan joining us

Harlan has been having some computer issues, but I wanted to let you all know that he'll be joining us as soon as he can.
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: About Harlan joining us/ questions for Harlan

Hey Stephanie?
Should we write questions we have for Harlan here or will there be a thread saying questions for Harlan, so all of us know where we can post any questions from anywhere in the book to him while he is here? I dont want to post them on like first impressions or anywhere that he has to hunt for them first of all, (if he needs to concentrate time on those and read our other stuff when he has time), know what i mean? Also I dont want to ask a question on just any thread that may be a spoiler to other readers that are not there yet. I just want to make sure to be able to talk to him about any aspect of the book in one place that others will know could be a spoiler. Does that make sense? tyia
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vivian,

I've posted a message section for questions to Harlan. No spoiler warnings necessary.
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Vivian,

I've posted a message section for questions to Harlan. No spoiler warnings necessary.

cool, ty :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:
... Does that make sense? tyia

Ok, BTW ... tyia? OMG, IDK. LOL LMK ... GR8! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

ok cute cute LOL. TYIA I learned in here that from the club that is a way to say, thank you in advance , way back in the BNU so that they didnt have a lot of people filling the boards with just thank yous after answers lol. Now lets see what you said back to it? hmm. OMG=oh my gosh!, BTW= by the way, IDK= I dont know???, LMK= let me know???, GRB= great rib brisket??? LOL, how did i do? and TYIA lol.
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

ok cute cute LOL. TYIA I learned in here that from the club that is a way to say, thank you in advance , way back in the BNU so that they didnt have a lot of people filling the boards with just thank yous after answers lol. Now lets see what you said back to it? hmm. OMG=oh my gosh!, BTW= by the way, IDK= I dont know???, LMK= let me know???, GRB= great rib brisket??? LOL, how did i do? and TYIA lol.

Isn't GRB (great rib brisket) suppose to be GR8 (Great)?
Just the fact that I know any of these means I've been hanging around my kids too much, or maybe not enough! :smileywink:
Although there is that new cell phone commercial where the girl is talking in only this "language" to her mother. That's very informative too.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

I love the new cell phone commercial. So appro. Of course, when I use the symbols back to my teenagers, they say, "oh mom, you're so gay." ha ha

Wrightly's right ... GR8 means Great!

TTYL :smileywink:
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:
I love the new cell phone commercial. So appro. Of course, when I use the symbols back to my teenagers, they say, "oh mom, you're so gay." ha ha

Wrightly's right ... GR8 means Great!

TTYL :smileywink:

Hmmmm...we may have the same teenagers. :smileysurprised:
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

ROFL ... perhaps. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

ROFL ... perhaps. :smileywink:

since this has been our basic, just silly chatting thread lol, i got to say, its great to see so much talking tonight anyway, here and actually ABOUT the book hehe. As for the teenagers, they are cloned, so yeah you two probably have the same kids lol.
Vivian
New User
karforman
0 Kudos

Re: About Harlan joining us

I've got those same teenagers too.
LMAO
Users Online
Currently online:19 members 229 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: