Reply
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Chapter 21 - The Meeting-slightly off topic

Actually, my thoughts begain at the end of chapter 20. For whatever reason, I was anticipating, and looking forward to the meeting of Lucy and Paul, knowing it had to happen sometime. It was when Paul says, "It's me, Luce." I simply wanted to cry. I know, sappy....but it was just in those simple words. Then these simple words were carried over into the beginning of Chapter 21. The hesitation with each other, the knowing of feelings, but not expressed. It touched a cord with me, and made me stop to think back on things I hadn't thought about in a lot of years.

I believe Harlan did a superb job in giving this situation to us. Impacting a power, with so few words.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Chapter 21 - The Meeting-slightly off topic


KathyS wrote:
Actually, my thoughts begain at the end of chapter 20. For whatever reason, I was anticipating, and looking forward to the meeting of Lucy and Paul, knowing it had to happen sometime. It was when Paul says, "It's me, Luce." I simply wanted to cry. I know, sappy....but it was just in those simple words. Then these simple words were carried over into the beginning of Chapter 21. The hesitation with each other, the knowing of feelings, but not expressed. It touched a cord with me, and made me stop to think back on things I hadn't thought about in a lot of years.

I believe Harlan did a superb job in giving this situation to us. Impacting a power, with so few words.




How true these feelings are, even today. You can love more than one person, and carry the torch forever. I also liked how they talked to each other. Comfortable talk, teasing, understanding. I was happy they got together. Awww, brought back many memories for me too. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Chapter 21 - The Meeting-slightly off topic


cindersue wrote:

KathyS wrote:
Actually, my thoughts begain at the end of chapter 20. For whatever reason, I was anticipating, and looking forward to the meeting of Lucy and Paul, knowing it had to happen sometime. It was when Paul says, "It's me, Luce." I simply wanted to cry. I know, sappy....but it was just in those simple words. Then these simple words were carried over into the beginning of Chapter 21. The hesitation with each other, the knowing of feelings, but not expressed. It touched a cord with me, and made me stop to think back on things I hadn't thought about in a lot of years.

I believe Harlan did a superb job in giving this situation to us. Impacting a power, with so few words.




How true these feelings are, even today. You can love more than one person, and carry the torch forever. I also liked how they talked to each other. Comfortable talk, teasing, understanding. I was happy they got together. Awww, brought back many memories for me too. :smileywink:


I think there arent many of us who havent had the experience of years after not seeing someone we cared about, either running into them or hearing them on the phone and were immediately taken back to that time, maybe those feelings. Its like he said, like picking up where they left off, even with its awkwardness and hesitation. After all they have been through something to make them hesitant but oh yeah, there are some people who, thats all they would have to say, "vivian, its me" and I would know in those three words no matter how long it had been, who it was. Good, real touch to the story Harlan. And I am sure it evoked some personal emotion in about all of us. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Chapter 21 - The Meeting-slightly off topic


vivico1 wrote:
... Good, real touch to the story Harlan. And I am sure it evoked some personal emotion in about all of us. :smileywink:




Indeed it did. :smileywink:
Users Online
Currently online:61 members 410 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: