Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

END OF BOOK: CAMILLE'S FATE

I thought I might post 3 different things (this is a second one) about the end of the book that could fit under a couple of posts already, like responsibility and forgiveness, but I wanted to separate out on threads, some of the different characters, so everyone knows who we are talking about, if they are not there, or if they would like to post to just these people so this is one of them.

So what are your feelings about Camille? A couple of things in particular. Sosh had found her early on and helped her. He did not tell her father about her at all. I think Sosh was more loving to both Paul and Camille, than their father was. Sosh knew she was afraid of her father, and rightly so. So he helped her, but interestingly enough, "they lost touch some years ago", he tells Paul. Now i find this interesting since it seems Sosh can find anyone when he wants to and he finds her again when Paul gets going on this. Do you think Camille became too afraid or wanted out of her past so much , she even ran from Sosh? And maybe he sensed this and let her go? Do you think it was fear that kept her from coming back any sooner, fear of her father, fear of hurting Paul by him finding out the truth and also her part in that night? When Sosh does send people to find her and they do and Paul and her are finally reunited, Paul loves having his sister back, but as he says, its always strained. She doesnt talk about the past and he doesnt force it.
"Camille chose to keep silent about what happened in those woods. She never told anyone what Wayne Steubens had done. Her choice, right or wrong, had left Wayne free to murder more people. I dont know what would have been the right thing to do-". I find this interesting too, is Paul wondering what she might be feeling and her reasons for not talking about it now, or is that part something HE feels and is keeping those feelings and thoughts more to himself too? I was glad to read that she is a part of their lives now but I wonder what all she had to go through all those years she was gone. Another thing, so much hurt happened by all the secrets of the woods, that I worry even after learning this, on this point they are doing it again. I think Paul and Camille need to talk about that night, not keep silent AGAIN. What if she feels guilty or thinks Paul blames her? What if Paul does feel what she did let others be murdered? How completely close can they get, how can they ever close that distance that is still there that he does feel, if they dont talk about it? The pattern seems to continue here and maybe they could be much more, if they would open up about it. I think thats what keeps that tension there that he talks about that they sometimes "go over the top in their efforts to combat it" by calling each other bro and sis.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 25 members 894 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: