Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: welcome!

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:
Kiakar and Cindersue, so glad to see you made it from one book club to the next! Viv and I were hoping to see you here. Last month's book was very enjoyable even though it was a heavy topic. This should be more exciting and suspenseful. I'm almost half way through the book and really like it. (I stole it away from my mother so I could read it first - for the book club of course :smileywink: ) Harlan Coben's books are always a great read.

Good to see you, Kiakar, Wrightly and Viv. :smileyhappy: I picked the book up today at the bookstore. I hope to start reading tomorrow, as my eyes are at half mast.

And ... hello to all the new readers. Look forward to "discussing" with you too. :smileywink:

This will dfefinitely be a winner with the four of us! Wrighty, Cindersue,Vivian and me myself and I of course. And folks, you are looking at the best moderator this club has ever came across!(Ms.Stephanie)
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Introductions

vivico1 wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

I always know it's you! Great to have you here. And I know what you mean about the scary books - They keep me up too late. Thrilling is better. :smileyhappy:

Guess you two wont be reading the original 600 page, The Exorcist with me then huh? LOL :smileywink:

Gosh, Girl; I can't believe you would actually read that book, Viv!! Oh! well, you must always sleep soundly and never have nightmares enter your domain!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

I always know it's you! Great to have you here. And I know what you mean about the scary books - They keep me up too late. Thrilling is better. :smileyhappy:

Guess you two wont be reading the original 600 page, The Exorcist with me then huh? LOL :smileywink:

Gosh, Girl; I can't believe you would actually read that book, Viv!! Oh! well, you must always sleep soundly and never have nightmares enter your domain!

LOL,I have nightmares. The interesting thing about them is, that I usually know i am dreaming, so i go with them, like a movie just to see what happens. I have seen myself die or be killed a few times even lol. I used to have the ability that in the middle of a dream, if i didnt like it, i would just change where it was going, but the ability i miss the most is, that i used to be able to lay down and say, ok, I am going to dream about this, and I would! OH MAN, is that a great thing to be able to do and I will never tell what was my most favorite one to decide to dream about lol. Hey, I get scared of things too, more so the older i get i think. I think you may not have made it through reading THE ROAD then, but I have to tell ya, its definately worth the pulitzer prize it won this year. Never has a book made me downright sob, like that one did, not out of fear but out of a father son relationship and where the story goes.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

LOL,I have nightmares. The interesting thing about them is, that I usually know i am dreaming, so i go with them, like a movie just to see what happens. I have seen myself die or be killed a few times even lol. I used to have the ability that in the middle of a dream, if i didnt like it, i would just change where it was going, but the ability i miss the most is, that i used to be able to lay down and say, ok, I am going to dream about this, and I would! OH MAN, is that a great thing to be able to do and I will never tell what was my most favorite one to decide to dream about lol. Hey, I get scared of things too, more so the older i get i think. I think you may not have made it through reading THE ROAD then, but I have to tell ya, its definately worth the pulitzer prize it won this year. Never has a book made me downright sob, like that one did, not out of fear but out of a father son relationship and where the story goes.

Just enjoy dear Vivian, You can tell me all about it! Those kind of books just are too real to my edge! (edge of my mind) oh! my! That is funny, about you in control of your dream. Sometimes I will try to shake myself awake, and sometimes I do and sometimes I can't. Wow! Maybe we need a dream expert! ha. I think by what I know, you are a very strong will person, and that is the resson you can control your dream. This could be a way you deal with tough issues in your life.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm Liz from Western NY. I picked up The Woods and began reading it late Monday afternoon & finished it Tuesday morning! This is my first Harlan Coben book, and boy, what I've been missing. The story was engrossing, intriguing, and a definite page-turner. I kept reading "one more chapter"!! I'm looking forward to discussing this with you all.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Liz,

I had no idea you didn't know Harlan Coben's books, or I'd have been recommending him to you long ago! Glad you're here!
Stephanie
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

NY

LizzieAnn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Liz from Western NY. I picked up The Woods and began reading it late Monday afternoon & finished it Tuesday morning! This is my first Harlan Coben book, and boy, what I've been missing. The story was engrossing, intriguing, and a definite page-turner. I kept reading "one more chapter"!! I'm looking forward to discussing this with you all.

Hi Liz,

I noticed before you said you were from western NY and I was going to ask you about it and forgot. I'm also from NY and I just wondered how far west you were. You don't have to get specific if you don't want to or you can send a private message. Welcome to the group and glad to hear you've discovered Harlan Coben. :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Re: NY

I'm currently in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area. I've been here a couple of years and before that lived in the NYC area! What part of NY are you from?

Wrighty wrote:

Hi Liz,

I noticed before you said you were from western NY and I was going to ask you about it and forgot. I'm also from NY and I just wondered how far west you were. You don't have to get specific if you don't want to or you can send a private message. Welcome to the group and glad to hear you've discovered Harlan Coben. :smileytongue:

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Shame on you Steph for not recommeding him earlier! You should hang your head! LOL. I really couldn't put this book down & plan on picking up more of his writing soon! I'm also planning on giving my son this book as he likes books of this type.

Stephanie wrote:
Liz,

I had no idea you didn't know Harlan Coben's books, or I'd have been recommending him to you long ago! Glad you're here!

Liz ♥ ♥

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: NY

LizzieAnn wrote:
I'm currently in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area. I've been here a couple of years and before that lived in the NYC area! What part of NY are you from?

Wrighty wrote:

Hi Liz,

I'm from the same area but about two hours away. What a small world! :smileytongue:
New User
bethw
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Beth from Texas. I really enjoyed this book. I've read two others, The Innocent and Just One Look. I'm new to the book discussion group but I thought I'd join in on the discussion.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

bethw wrote:
Hi. I'm Beth from Texas. I really enjoyed this book. I've read two others, The Innocent and Just One Look. I'm new to the book discussion group but I thought I'd join in on the discussion.

Hi Beth, good to see others joining in. You can answer any of the threads (questions) you see posted now. Its very slow on weekends I have noticed in the last two clubs, but hopefully it will pick up again tomorrow, or later tonight and Harlan Coben should be joining us by then too. :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
madstitcher5
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm MaryAnn. I haven't finished THE WOODS yet. I became a Harlan Coben fan after seeing him on CATHERINE CRIER promoting his book PROMISE ME. I went out that evening to buy it. I was so captured, that I ordered all of his books from Barnes and Noble. I wanted all hardback so I ordered from other B&N sellers. I even got a large print one, to much heckling from children. My husband is a huge fan and I feel so honored he agreed with me. It's nice to share a book and share opinions with someone else. I'm glad I introduced him to Harlan Coben. He's read this one and highly reccommened it!
MaryAnn
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

this is my first Harlan book Mary Ann and i loved it. A lot of people are still reading, so dont worry about being behind, no one is really :smileywink:
Vivian
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beth,

Glad you joined the group! Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the format, but more importantly, please share your thoughts and perceptions of the book! Excellent novel, isn't it?

Message Edited by Stephanie on 05-07-200710:17 PM

Stephanie
New User
karforman
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Karen. I'm from Long Island. I think I've read just about all of Harlan Coben's books. He's one of my favorite authors. I'm about halfway through The Woods now and can't wait to see what happens!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Karen,

I promise, you will not be disappointed! Great to have you here - welcome :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Contributor
D-Sherie
0 Kudos

Hi,
My name is Dawn and I live in Michigan. I just finally got a chance to read The Woods and I loved it !!!!! I started reading and finished it in a day. I found it very captivating, great story line and characters. I have not read many of Harlen's books but after reading The Woods, I can not wait to read more.

Dawn~
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 245 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: