Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

What did you think when Lucy saw Santigo's name in the visitor's log at Ira's home? Why do you think he was there and why did it upset Ira so much he had to be sedated? Did you have any ideas at this point?
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)



vivico1 wrote:
What did you think when Lucy saw Santigo's name in the visitor's log at Ira's home? Why do you think he was there and why did it upset Ira so much he had to be sedated? Did you have any ideas at this point?




Apparently he shocked (Santigo's) Ira to almost insaneness. Did Ira really think that Santigo(Gil) died or is it some other reason he became upset?
Contributor
madstitcher5
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎03-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


kiakar wrote:


vivico1 wrote:
What did you think when Lucy saw Santigo's name in the visitor's log at Ira's home? Why do you think he was there and why did it upset Ira so much he had to be sedated? Did you have any ideas at this point?




Apparently he shocked (Santigo's) Ira to almost insaneness. Did Ira really think that Santigo(Gil) died or is it some other reason he became upset?


My guess is Santiago threatened him and made the memory of that night come back,as in post traumatic shock. He could have told him he was going to do some harm to Lucy.
MaryAnn
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
Posts: 2,344
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Already being aware from Paul that Santiago was actually Gil Perez, I assumed that Ira either knew more than he had said or that himself was actually involved in the murder. I thought that Gil wanted revenge on Ira or something more from Ira. I figured Ira got so upset because the past that he had buried had come back. It's already been made clear that emotionally Ira is not stable.
Liz ♥ ♥


Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
Posts: 2,613
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Liz,

I thought that Ira might have been involved in the murders as well, and that he was trying to cover something up. I couldn't come up with any kind of a motive though.
Stephanie
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


Stephanie wrote:
Liz,

I thought that Ira might have been involved in the murders as well, and that he was trying to cover something up. I couldn't come up with any kind of a motive though.




That's how I felt too. I had a hard time figuring out Ira's real place in things for a while.
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)



Stephanie wrote:
Liz,

I thought that Ira might have been involved in the murders as well, and that he was trying to cover something up. I couldn't come up with any kind of a motive though.




Hey Stephanie: I never thought of that! Now that is a good possibility! Ira seemed alittle off the wall even before this happened. The murders I mean!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,898
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

I couldn't come up with any reason why this character shows up, after all these years. Why now? Ira only wants to live in the 60's, and whatever Gil's motives are for seeing Ira, it obviously brought him either into the present time, or a time for which Ira couldn't handle.

vivico1 wrote:
What did you think when Lucy saw Santigo's name in the visitor's log at Ira's home? Why do you think he was there and why did it upset Ira so much he had to be sedated? Did you have any ideas at this point?


Frequent Contributor
Andeka
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

I like that Ira's stuck in the 60's... I think I might actually know him?!?
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,898
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 stuck in the 60's?



Andeka wrote:
I like that Ira's stuck in the 60's... I think I might actually know him?!?


I think I'll pass on this one! My hips are still displaced!
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


Andeka wrote:
I like that Ira's stuck in the 60's... I think I might actually know him?!?




I think he liked being stuck there. He appeared to like receiving those shots. LOL The legal way. He reminds me, too, of many friends back then. Right down to the yellow bug! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


cindersue wrote:

Andeka wrote:
I like that Ira's stuck in the 60's... I think I might actually know him?!?




I think he liked being stuck there. He appeared to like receiving those shots. LOL The legal way. He reminds me, too, of many friends back then. Right down to the yellow bug! :smileywink:


I went to a play this last friday with a girlfriend of 25 years and it was a coming of age thing about 3 girls who go to high school together in the sixties, then college, then later in their lives. It was a great bonding play for girlfriends to see and when the lights went up, there were men there and I thought, these are all IRAS!!! LOL!! almost the only men there were men who ARE stuck in the 60s still lol, hippie style clothes, long hair tied back in a pony tail and scruffy beards and all very very gray LOL! I think I was at a play this week with IRA! :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,898
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)



vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Andeka wrote:
I like that Ira's stuck in the 60's... I think I might actually know him?!?




I think he liked being stuck there. He appeared to like receiving those shots. LOL The legal way. He reminds me, too, of many friends back then. Right down to the yellow bug! :smileywink:


I went to a play this last friday with a girlfriend of 25 years and it was a coming of age thing about 3 girls who go to high school together in the sixties, then college, then later in their lives. It was a great bonding play for girlfriends to see and when the lights went up, there were men there and I thought, these are all IRAS!!! LOL!! almost the only men there were men who ARE stuck in the 60s still lol, hippie style clothes, long hair tied back in a pony tail and scruffy beards and all very very gray LOL! I think I was at a play this week with IRA! :smileyhappy:



They were probably all artists/potters! LOL
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


KathyS wrote:


vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Andeka wrote:
... almost the only men there were men who ARE stuck in the 60s still lol, hippie style clothes, long hair tied back in a pony tail and scruffy beards and all very very gray LOL! I think I was at a play this week with IRA! :smileyhappy:



They were probably all artists/potters! LOL




They still look good, don't they? LOL I was so happy when bell bottoms came back in style! ROFL
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


cindersue wrote:


vivico1 wrote:

... almost the only men there were men who ARE stuck in the 60s still lol, hippie style clothes, long hair tied back in a pony tail and scruffy beards and all very very gray LOL! I think I was at a play this week with IRA! :smileyhappy:





They still look good, don't they? LOL I was so happy when bell bottoms came back in style! ROFL


NOOOOOOOOOO, they looked like old nasty hippies!! Still looked good, ewww, about as good as a 65-68 year old woman in a mini skirt and haltertop that may be now hanging around her waist! LOL!
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

They still look good, don't they? LOL I was so happy when bell bottoms came back in style! ROFL


NOOOOOOOOOO, they looked like old nasty hippies!! Still looked good, ewww, about as good as a 65-68 year old woman in a mini skirt and haltertop that may be now hanging around her waist! LOL!



LMAO ... know what we wore for awhile in high school? mini skirts, knee socks and desert boots. Now that's style! hehehehe :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

[ Edited ]

cindersue wrote:
They still look good, don't they? LOL I was so happy when bell bottoms came back in style! ROFL


NOOOOOOOOOO, they looked like old nasty hippies!! Still looked good, ewww, about as good as a 65-68 year old woman in a mini skirt and haltertop that may be now hanging around her waist! LOL!



LMAO ... know what we wore for awhile in high school? mini skirts, knee socks and desert boots. Now that's style! hehehehe :smileywink:


You;re older than I am arent you hehehe. lol,. What a difference just a couple of years make. BUT, i never ever found the hippie look attractive, especially on men. If I wanted to date someone with longggggg flowing hair, i would date a girl! LOL. I was a jeans and tshirt girl tho. My friend and I were cracking up tho when we saw these guys tho, we just werent expecting it i guess. I guess there are biker bars and old hippie plays lol lol. (I think I just came up with the title there for a country western song "Biker Bars and Old Hippie Plays" hehe)

Message Edited by vivico1 on 05-09-200711:08 PM

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


vivico1 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO, they looked like old nasty hippies!! Still looked good, ewww, about as good as a 65-68 year old woman in a mini skirt and haltertop that may be now hanging around her waist! LOL!




Oh ICK! Thanks for the visual Viv! I think I saw her today anyway. It burned my retinas. But now that spring is here they're coming out of the woodwork.
I saw Ira too. Some guy was cruising in an old convertible (no VW), long gray hair and beard flowing in the wind with a red bandana tied on his head Willie Nelson style.
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)


Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO, they looked like old nasty hippies!! Still looked good, ewww, about as good as a 65-68 year old woman in a mini skirt and haltertop that may be now hanging around her waist! LOL!




Oh ICK! Thanks for the visual Viv! I think I saw her today anyway. It burned my retinas. But now that spring is here they're coming out of the woodwork.
I saw Ira too. Some guy was cruising in an old convertible (no VW), long gray hair and beard flowing in the wind with a red bandana tied on his head Willie Nelson style.



Willie Nelson was born looking like that, i saw the picture.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: MIDBOOK CHAPTERS 10-20 IRA'S VISITOR (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)



vivico1 wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO, they looked like old nasty hippies!! Still looked good, ewww, about as good as a 65-68 year old woman in a mini skirt and haltertop that may be now hanging around her waist! LOL!




Oh ICK! Thanks for the visual Viv! I think I saw her today anyway. It burned my retinas. But now that spring is here they're coming out of the woodwork.
I saw Ira too. Some guy was cruising in an old convertible (no VW), long gray hair and beard flowing in the wind with a red bandana tied on his head Willie Nelson style.



Willie Nelson was born looking like that, i saw the picture.




Whoow!!! And I use to be in love with Willie and still am when he sings "On the road again."
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
1
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 257 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: