Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

More from Harlan Coben

[ Edited ]
More Great Books from Harlan Coben

Book Cover Image: Title: No Promise Me, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It Promise Me
Harlan Coben
For six years, Myron Bolitar has walked the straight and narrow. In his new Good Samaritan role, he asks neighborhood teens to call him if they're in a bind and afraid to contact their parents. When one local girl calls for help, Myron doesn't hesitate to comply. He picks up the girl in midtown Manhattan and leaves her off in a peaceful-looking cul-de-sac in New Jersey. The next day, the girl's parents realize that their daughter is missing and that the last person seen with her was Myron Bolitar. Desperate to fulfill a well-intentioned promise turned nightmarishly wrong, Myron races to find her before she's gone forever. Promise Me is an unpredictable, nail-biting page-turner with the realistic and enjoyable characters that Coben's fans have come to relish and features the return of agent turned sleuth Myron Bolitar. Newcomers to Coben-or to Myron-will discover with pleasure the storytelling that has hooked countless fans and brought Coben recognition around the world.

Book Cover Image: Title: The Innocent, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It The Innocent
Harlan Coben
The horror of one night is forever etched in Matt Hunter's memory; the night he innocently tried to break up a fight-and ended up a killer. Now nine years after his release from prison, things are looking up. Until the day Matt gets a shocking, inexplicable video call from Olivia's phone. The unraveling begins. An electrifying thrill-ride of a novel that peeks behind the white picket fences of suburbia, The Innocent is at once a twisting, turning, emotionally-charged story, and a compelling tale of the choices we make and the repercussions that never leave us.

Book Cover Image: Title: Just One Look, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It Just One Look
Harlan Coben
An ordinary snapshot causes a suburban mother's world to unravel in an instant. When Grace Lawson picks up a newly developed set of family photographs, there is a picture that doesn't belong -- a photo from at least twenty years ago. In the photo are five people, four Grace can't recognize and one that looks strikingly like her husband, Jack. Before Grace can get her husband to explain, he disappears; and her search for the truth behind this glimpse of an earlier time involves digging into past secrets and tragedies that trigger a deadly series of all-too-current events.

Book Cover Image: Title: No Second Chance, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It No Second Chance
Harlan Coben
Marc Seidman's life becomes a nightmare when he's shot in the chest in the kitchen of his own home. Awakening from a coma almost two weeks later, he discovers that his wife has been murdered and his infant daughter is missing. It takes so long for a ransom note -- which warns that there will be "no second chance" -- to arrive, Marc and the police are uncertain about the kidnappers true intentions. Those intentions do not become clear to anyone until the very last pages of the book, after a constantly surprising series of plot twists carries the narrative through another year and a half in Marc's desperate quest to find his daughter.

Book Cover Image: Title: Gone for Good, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It Gone for Good
Harlan Coben
As a boy, Will Klein had a hero: his older brother, Ken. Then, on a warm suburban night in the Kleins' affluent New Jersey neighborhood, a young woman - a girl Will had once loved - was found raped and murdered in her family's basement. The prime suspect: Ken Klein. With the evidence against him overwhelming, Ken simply vanished, spending the next decade as the elusive subject of rumors, speculation, and an international manhunt. When his shattered family never heard from Ken again, they were sure he was gone for good. Now eleven years have passed. And Will, who always believed in his brother's innocence, has found evidence that Ken is alive - even as he is struck by another act of betrayal. His girlfriend suddenly disappears, leaving behind compelling evidence that she was not the person Will thought she was. As two dark dramas unwind around him, Will is pulled into a violent mystery, haunted by signs that Ken is trying to contact him after all these years. Will can feel himself coming closer and closer to his brother... and to a terrible secret that someone will kill to keep buried. And as the lies begin to unravel, Will is uncovering starting truths about his lover, his brother, and even himself.

Book Cover Image: Title: TTell No One, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It Tell No One
Harlan Coben
For eight tormented years, Dr. David Beck has relived the horror of the night he lost his wife. He can still see it clearly -- the gleaming lake, the pale moonlight -- and he can still hear his wife's piercing screams. But all that changes when a message appears on his computer, a phrase only he and his wife would know. The message comes with a warning. The price for his compliance is high. Now Beck must decide who to trust and who to fear-as he heads into the heart of darkness, seeking the truth about that one fateful night. Tell No One, Harlan's first stand alone novel, was released as a film in France in 2006. The film has won numerous awards in France including, the Lumière for Best Picture and Césars Awards for Best Director, Best Actor, Best Music and Best Editing.

Book Cover Image: Title: The Darkest Fear, Author: Harlan Coben Buy It Darkest Fear
Harlan Coben
Coben brings us his most astonishing - and deeply personal - novel yet. And it all begins when Myron Bolitar's ex tells him he's a father... of a dying thirteen-year-old boy. Myron never saw it coming. A surprise visit from an ex-girlfriend is unsettling enough. But Emily Downing's news brings him to his knees. Her son Jeremy is dying and needs a bone-marrow transplant - from a donor who has vanished without a trace. Then comes the real shocker: The boy is Myron's son, conceived the night before her wedding to another man. Staggered by the news, Myron plunges into a search for the missing donor. But finding him means cracking open a dark mystery that involves a broken family, a brutal kidnapping spree, and the FBI. Somewhere in the sordid mess is the donor who disappeared. And as doubts emerge about Jeremy's true paternity, a child vanishes, igniting a chain reaction of heartbreaking truth and chilling revelation.

Message Edited by Bill_T on 04-20-2007 04:46 PM

Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: More from Harlan Coben

Stephanie;

"Promise me" sounds so delectable! I have got to get that! Have you read it? It sounds as good as this read we are on. I have been missing alot not reading this man's books.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Stephanie;

"Promise me" sounds so delectable! I have got to get that! Have you read it? It sounds as good as this read we are on. I have been missing alot not reading this man's books.

The Promise and The Innocent both sound good. I have never read Coben's books before. I would like to do one of these on here too even as a moderator lead discussion if the author isnt here.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:
Stephanie;

The Promise and The Innocent both sound good. I have never read Coben's books before. I would like to do one of these on here too even as a moderator lead discussion if the author isnt here.

I've read several of his books and enjoyed them all. I would do a discussion on another book too.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:
Stephanie;

I've read several of his books and enjoyed them all. I would do a discussion on another book too.

You know what would be cool is if B&N would do one of those two books in June, for those of us with a taste right now lol. It could be just as a moderator lead club if Harlan is too busy for two months. But back to back would be great, dont you guys think so?
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

You know what would be cool is if B&N would do one of those two books in June, for those of us with a taste right now lol. It could be just as a moderator lead club if Harlan is too busy for two months. But back to back would be great, dont you guys think so?

I'm in! :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:You know what would be cool is if B&N would do one of those two books in June, for those of us with a taste right now lol. It could be just as a moderator lead club if Harlan is too busy for two months. But back to back would be great, dont you guys think so?

Wrighty wrote:I'm in! :smileytongue:

I love his writing! That would be awesome! :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

I'm in! :smileytongue:

Hey, they have alot of different kinds of clubs, thrilling reads, mysteries and so forth so maybe we could read one of his others in one of those clubs. What say you Bill or Stephanie? This man is really super in the writing world! And Promise me sounds so promising to be the best book yet! Gotta read it!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Linda,

I'm glad you're enjoying Harlan's books- I have never read one I didn't like, so any and all, is my recommendation.

We've had a number of book clubs with Harlan in the past, and I'm sure there will be more in the future. He's an excellent author, and I'm very grateful that he joins us here as often as he does.
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

I'm glad you're enjoying Harlan's books- I have never read one I didn't like, so any and all, is my recommendation.

We've had a number of book clubs with Harlan in the past, and I'm sure there will be more in the future. He's an excellent author, and I'm very grateful that he joins us here as often as he does.

That is great Stephanie: I do not know why I haven't tried him before. I think I thought he was too gross with his writing. But not so, it is just good old mystery style. Like it alot!
Users Online
Currently online:101 members 598 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: