Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

WAYNE STEUBENS/DID HE DO IT? middle book but possible spoiler

You may not want to read this thread if you have not finished the book, but this is a question for the first and middle parts that i went back and forth on and just wanted to get an idea of what you all thought,kind of a tally of yes or no maybe before the end of the book. How many of you, whereever you are in the book think Steubens killed them, with the evidence somewhat there but not there? Do you find yourself going back and forth on it? Just curious. Lots of twists around ole Wayne, so yeah, I found myself wondering back and forth about it, for the most part, i thought no, something is missing. Lets leave the truth either way for the end of the book threads. So what do you think? Guilty? Not guilty? Guilty with someone else there helping him that got away? :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: WAYNE STEUBENS/DID HE DO IT? middle book but possible spoiler


vivico1 wrote:
You may not want to read this thread if you have not finished the book, but this is a question for the first and middle parts that i went back and forth on and just wanted to get an idea of what you all thought,kind of a tally of yes or no maybe before the end of the book. How many of you, whereever you are in the book think Steubens killed them, with the evidence somewhat there but not there? Do you find yourself going back and forth on it? Just curious. Lots of twists around ole Wayne, so yeah, I found myself wondering back and forth about it, for the most part, i thought no, something is missing. Lets leave the truth either way for the end of the book threads. So what do you think? Guilty? Not guilty? Guilty with someone else there helping him that got away? :smileywink:




I definitely went back and forth on it which I'm sure was Harlan's intentions. I did think he was guilty but I wasn't sure of how much. I didn't think it had happened exactly the way he had been accused of but I couldn't figure out what did happen.
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: WAYNE STEUBENS/DID HE DO IT? middle book but possible spoiler


Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
You may not want to read this thread if you have not finished the book, but this is a question for the first and middle parts that i went back and forth on and just wanted to get an idea of what you all thought,kind of a tally of yes or no maybe before the end of the book. How many of you, whereever you are in the book think Steubens killed them, with the evidence somewhat there but not there? Do you find yourself going back and forth on it? Just curious. Lots of twists around ole Wayne, so yeah, I found myself wondering back and forth about it, for the most part, i thought no, something is missing. Lets leave the truth either way for the end of the book threads. So what do you think? Guilty? Not guilty? Guilty with someone else there helping him that got away? :smileywink:




I definitely went back and forth on it which I'm sure was Harlan's intentions. I did think he was guilty but I wasn't sure of how much. I didn't think it had happened exactly the way he had been accused of but I couldn't figure out what did happen.



I really felt it was going to come out that he didn't do them at all. It shocked me when it came back that he was involved.
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: WAYNE STEUBENS/DID HE DO IT? middle book but possible spoiler


kiakar wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
You may not want to read this thread if you have not finished the book, but this is a question for the first and middle parts that i went back and forth on and just wanted to get an idea of what you all thought,kind of a tally of yes or no maybe before the end of the book. How many of you, whereever you are in the book think Steubens killed them, with the evidence somewhat there but not there? Do you find yourself going back and forth on it? Just curious. Lots of twists around ole Wayne, so yeah, I found myself wondering back and forth about it, for the most part, i thought no, something is missing. Lets leave the truth either way for the end of the book threads. So what do you think? Guilty? Not guilty? Guilty with someone else there helping him that got away? :smileywink:




I definitely went back and forth on it which I'm sure was Harlan's intentions. I did think he was guilty but I wasn't sure of how much. I didn't think it had happened exactly the way he had been accused of but I couldn't figure out what did happen.



I really felt it was going to come out that he didn't do them at all. It shocked me when it came back that he was involved.


yeah more than involved, he actually did them! I was suprised too. I thought either he didnt do it or was only involved with someone else.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
1
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 282 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: