Author
HarlanCoben
0 Kudos

Welcome -- and a Word about My Schedule

Dear B&N Bookclub -

Hi, Harlan Coben here. As you know, The Woods just came out earlier this month, and I am still on the road promoting the book. I won't be able to join you to answer questions and participate in discussions until this Saturday, May 5 when I arrive home from my last stop on my 14 city tour.

If you're in San Diego, CA, Roseville, MN, Jackson, MI, Mount Pleasant, SC or Pawleys Island, SC this week, come out and see me. Otherwise, I look forward to chatting with you, and I hope you enjoyed The Woods.

Harlan
Contributor
mitty1
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome -- and a Word about My Schedule

Mr. Coben,
Read your book last week. Loved it. Up to your usual twisty self I see. :smileyhappy:
Thanks for a great read! I'll be thinking of questions.
mitty
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Haven't read the book yet, am on a waiting list at the library, so I will buy The Woods tonight at B&N. Everyone is ranting and raving about it ... can hardly wait to dig in! Look forward to your discussion.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:
Haven't read the book yet, am on a waiting list at the library, so I will buy The Woods tonight at B&N. Everyone is ranting and raving about it ... can hardly wait to dig in! Look forward to your discussion.

Its a good read and the main character in it is pretty cool. Its very different from Cage of Stars but its that kind of readable too. Will be good to see you in here :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Its a good read and the main character in it is pretty cool. Its very different from Cage of Stars but its that kind of readable too. Will be good to see you in here :smileywink:

So Ms. Vivico: you found the book huh? I did too! It is really good! I thought it would be scary but its not, just very suspenceful! Loving it!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

So Ms. Vivico: you found the book huh? I did too! It is really good! I thought it would be scary but its not, just very suspenceful! Loving it!

Hey there! cool we got wrighty and cindersue too! Should be fun. No, not a scary one but a good suspense one yes. I am finding myself picturing it easily in my mind like a movie, the way he writes. Actually, I think this would make a great movie, from what i read of it so far. Nice to have a book we are all starting on from scratch too huh. I hate it when you just get, OH, I read it loved it cant wait for the discussion and then thats all you hear from them LOL. More like book reviews with people stopping by to give the thumbs up (or down) then moving on, cause they are done, than a bookclub. This is my first club with Stephanie the moderator too and she sounds cool.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
New User
ladysheehan
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just got the book late Sunday, am only a few chapters in and loving it already...I can't wait to catch up to everyone!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vivian,

Thanks! I'll try to live up to that...
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Vivian,

Thanks! I'll try to live up to that...

Don't worry Ms. Stephanie; You always make the reads so much fun!
New User
ub12c1
0 Kudos

Hi Harlan,
I recently purchased your book even though you weren't on my wish list(I have about 20). I am so glad! I love it so far. Paul is so down-to-earth, and I really feel like he's telling me this story. I'm only up to Chapter 10 so far, but I love it and I don't want to pick it up unless I have a good chunk of time so I won't have to put it down. It's great to find an EXCELLENT book. THANK YOU!:smileywink:

P.S. I'd love to have you sign it; any chance of you coming to Cleveland/Mentor, OH?
New User
StacyeJaye
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Mr Coben,

I have not yet read The Woods, but I have no doubt it is as exciting as I have heard. I wanted to let you know that you have brought a refreshing novelty to reading mystery novels. I had begun to give up when I found The Innocent, in of all places...the grocery store. Since then I have read just about all of your books and I love the way each one is its own.

So I must run to the bookstore and purchase this one right away!

I look forward to discussing this book with the group.

Message Edited by StacyeJaye on 05-07-200709:07 PM

New User
Mels78
0 Kudos

Hi Harlan

London UK here,

I work on a Mobile Library in London UK i have ordered your book for my branch and i cannot wait to read it, i have a lot of my readers waiting in line to read it lol....

Are you ever in the UK???? How do you think of all the plots for yr stories??? Where do you get yr ideas...

Keep writing and ill keep reading from one of yr no 1 fan

Mel. xx
Users Online
Currently online:26 members 354 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: