Reply
Frequent Contributor
Proper-T
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎02-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

To Solitude, Well there is the muggle part of Platform 9 and 3/4's, he could have been imagining him there and not the Hogwarts part.

And to Psychee, that could be possible also, but why the order they chose then? And really Moody's role isn't even that great in this book (in my opinion) but it seems by lisitng him that he may getting ample time this movie. I don't know I just like to make a big deal out of it...



Solitud wrote:

Anyway the part I really don't understand is LV at the underground in London! I don't think its the platform 9 3/4. The people around look more like muggles, real ones since their clothing looks normal and not like pretending to look like muggles.

Message Edited by Solitud on 05-07-200710:47 AM




I don't think I'm better than you, I just know better...
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

Looking at the order of pictures, I'd say they were shown in order of how well they fought...or how good their reputations were for dueling... Dumbledore first as the best (the only one that Voldemort feared), then Voldemort (who is feared by the rest), then Mad-Eye (Since he's taken out more DA's than anyone), then Sirius (who was allegedly the best dueler of his class), then Snape, then Lupin.

We should see Moody fighting at the Ministry...
Frequent Contributor
Proper-T
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎02-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

I like this one a lot. And it makes sense with what Harry is trying to help the DA do- be better at D.A.D.A. Great Answer. As for Moody at the Ministry not one of his better moments as he gets taken down...

I can't wait for the Moody part when they're in Privet Drive and he tells Tonks about Elementary Wand Safety... hope it's there.



Psychee wrote:
Looking at the order of pictures, I'd say they were shown in order of how well they fought...or how good their reputations were for dueling... Dumbledore first as the best (the only one that Voldemort feared), then Voldemort (who is feared by the rest), then Mad-Eye (Since he's taken out more DA's than anyone), then Sirius (who was allegedly the best dueler of his class), then Snape, then Lupin.

We should see Moody fighting at the Ministry...


I don't think I'm better than you, I just know better...
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

"Still got both buttocks?" I love that line from Tonks!
Frequent Contributor
RedRoses2
Posts: 157
Registered: ‎02-01-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie



Proper-T wrote:
I like this one a lot. And it makes sense with what Harry is trying to help the DA do- be better at D.A.D.A. Great Answer. As for Moody at the Ministry not one of his better moments as he gets taken down...

I can't wait for the Moody part when they're in Privet Drive and he tells Tonks about Elementary Wand Safety... hope it's there.



Psychee wrote:
Looking at the order of pictures, I'd say they were shown in order of how well they fought...or how good their reputations were for dueling... Dumbledore first as the best (the only one that Voldemort feared), then Voldemort (who is feared by the rest), then Mad-Eye (Since he's taken out more DA's than anyone), then Sirius (who was allegedly the best dueler of his class), then Snape, then Lupin.

We should see Moody fighting at the Ministry...







LoL :smileyvery-happy: I LOVE that part of chapter three. It's hilarious.

That might be it, actually. Good idea.

But I have to say this: whenever someone hugs someone else (Remus hugging Sirius, Remus hugging Harry), it looks a little . . . odd to me. When Hermione's hugging Harry it looks perfectly normal, but when it's Remus . . . I don't know, maybe he's not doing it right. When other people hug it looks just fine.
CONSTANT VIGILANCE! - Mad-Eye Moody, coolest Auror ever
Frequent Contributor
Proper-T
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎02-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

Maybe it's supposed to be that way because Remus is afraid to get close too people?? Or David Thewlis is a terrible hugger? I never noticed it really, most of Remus's scene in POA were meant to be uncomfortable for Remus weren't they??

And the scene with him holding Harry back in the International Trailer looks just as I imagined it would...



RedRoses2 wrote:


LoL :smileyvery-happy: I LOVE that part of chapter three. It's hilarious.

That might be it, actually. Good idea.

But I have to say this: whenever someone hugs someone else (Remus hugging Sirius, Remus hugging Harry), it looks a little . . . odd to me. When Hermione's hugging Harry it looks perfectly normal, but when it's Remus . . . I don't know, maybe he's not doing it right. When other people hug it looks just fine.


I don't think I'm better than you, I just know better...
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

I never noticed it either... maybe Thewlis is afraid of getting his make-up all over another actor and vice versa. Or, maybe that was the case with Sirius, whose make-up was special, but with Harry he was dealing with a male teenager who felt awkward... I don't know... To me, he comes across with a quiet genuine kindness...
Frequent Contributor
Proper-T
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎02-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

LOL, Afraid of make-up. I forgot Harry wasn't particularly pleased that Lupin was leaving, so i agree... :smileysurprised: Psychee we rarley agree, I'm shocked :smileyhappy:



Psychee wrote:
I never noticed it either... maybe Thewlis is afraid of getting his make-up all over another actor and vice versa. Or, maybe that was the case with Sirius, whose make-up was special, but with Harry he was dealing with a male teenager who felt awkward... I don't know... To me, he comes across with a quiet genuine kindness...


I don't think I'm better than you, I just know better...
Frequent Contributor
Bookladt
Posts: 165
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie



Psychee wrote:
I never noticed it either... maybe Thewlis is afraid of getting his make-up all over another actor and vice versa. Or, maybe that was the case with Sirius, whose make-up was special, but with Harry he was dealing with a male teenager who felt awkward... I don't know... To me, he comes across with a quiet genuine kindness...




Lupin as a character is afraid to get close to anyone because of what he is capable of doing. Maybe he is afraid that he will come back to himself to find he has killed someone he loves and is terrified that getting too close will make that pain unbearable.
Frequent Contributor
Beladona_took
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

I haven't seen the international trailer yet, but the 6 DA members "falling" and abruptly stopping a few feet above the ground sounds to me like the flight to the Ministry on the thestrals. They're invisible unless you've seen someone die, remember?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie



Beladona_took wrote:
I haven't seen the international trailer yet, but the 6 DA members "falling" and abruptly stopping a few feet above the ground sounds to me like the flight to the Ministry on the thestrals. They're invisible unless you've seen someone die, remember?




That was my first impression as well when reading the posts but when you see the trailer, you actually see the thestrals, so their sudden disappearance seems strange.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie


Bookladt wrote: Lupin as a character is afraid to get close to anyone because of what he is capable of doing. Maybe he is afraid that he will come back to himself to find he has killed someone he loves and is terrified that getting too close will make that pain unbearable.




Good point!
Frequent Contributor
Beladona_took
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

I need to see the trailer...... I'm very excited now :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Proper-T
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎02-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

Yes see the Trailer's there so amazing...

Sorry daydreaming, but yeah they do show the Threstrals. Plus they're falling as if they just let go of a Portkey, so with that said, RedRoses reminded me that there's the scene when they leave Hogwarts to go to Grimwauld Place, DD made a Portkey, so I think it's that scene...



Beladona_took wrote:
I need to see the trailer...... I'm very excited now :smileyhappy:


I don't think I'm better than you, I just know better...
Frequent Contributor
jftapia88
Posts: 474
Registered: ‎02-01-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

i didnt notice much difference in the 2 trailers. of course im like half asleep, could be why.

i was also confused about voldy being at the train station, i hope they added it in as him imagining it or like a dream maybe.

lupin in the movies to me looks weird all the time, and i dont even remember him hugging harry, of course i have only seem PoA and GoF like 2 times each. i dunno if its just me or what but in the movies lupin seems like hes on the "down low". for real its weird.

the whole falling n then stopping right above the ground thing, i have no idea what that could possibly be. the trailer has me a little confused about the movie, the only part i really recognize from the book is the trial, and snape teaching harry occlumens. and from what i saw of umbridge, they have made her too pretty too, like they did hermione. but she does look mean as everything, she has beady little eyes.
Julie
Frequent Contributor
Beladona_took
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

I don't think that Lupin was hugging Harry so much as holding him back in the Death Room, when (in the book) he wanted to run and help but Lupin stopped him. I think that's the clip that was shown if it was an intense moment between Harry and Lupin (again, still yet to see the clip, but that's the explanation I feel I've gotten from the description).

As for Umbridge, I pictured squatter, fatter, more toad-like. But the voice and eyes are dead on. And Bellatrix is EXACTLY what I pictured. All kinds of "yum" there. A still from the teaser trailer is my new desktop background :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
cjb07
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-30-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by cjb07 on 05-08-200709:47 PM

Frequent Contributor
RedRoses2
Posts: 157
Registered: ‎02-01-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie



Beladona_took wrote:
I don't think that Lupin was hugging Harry so much as holding him back in the Death Room, when (in the book) he wanted to run and help but Lupin stopped him. I think that's the clip that was shown if it was an intense moment between Harry and Lupin (again, still yet to see the clip, but that's the explanation I feel I've gotten from the description).

As for Umbridge, I pictured squatter, fatter, more toad-like. But the voice and eyes are dead on. And Bellatrix is EXACTLY what I pictured. All kinds of "yum" there. A still from the teaser trailer is my new desktop background :smileyhappy:




Hug, holding him back, it looks the same to me. And it looks like Remus is doing an awkward job of it. Maybe the actor hasn't had many parts where he has to hug/restrain people often. *Shrugs* I've only seen him in the Harry Potter movies so, yeah.

Gary Oldman makes all the awkward situations in POA not seem so awkward anymore, even the odd hug. Gotta love him. I've been wanting to see the other movies he's been in - I've seen Batman Begins, and he was great in that, too.

Yeah, Bellatrix looks awesome. She looks just like I imagined her, too, except tamer hair, but when I think about it, they don't have hair brushes in Azkaban.
CONSTANT VIGILANCE! - Mad-Eye Moody, coolest Auror ever
Frequent Contributor
pigwidgeon
Posts: 293
Registered: ‎01-28-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

I just saw the trailer for Order of the Phoenix during The Simpsons tonight. Holy cow! It looks visually amazing! I can't wait to see it. Does anyone know if the director is the same one who did Goblet of Fire? The color palette of the film seems to be right along the same lines as the book jacket...... can't wait!!!
Frequent Contributor
Proper-T
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎02-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: 2 New Trailers, One Movie

No different directors. Mike Newell did GoF. David Yates did OoTP. He's supposedly doing HBP as well. So far it looks great, but I have to see it to be sure :smileywink:

And I know directors are important, but the story lines and all that is created by the screenwriter- whose always been Steve Kloves through SS-GoF, but he didn't do this one, so I'm interested to see how much it'll seem different.



pigwidgeon wrote:
I just saw the trailer for Order of the Phoenix during The Simpsons tonight. Holy cow! It looks visually amazing! I can't wait to see it. Does anyone know if the director is the same one who did Goblet of Fire? The color palette of the film seems to be right along the same lines as the book jacket...... can't wait!!!


I don't think I'm better than you, I just know better...