Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BarbaraN
0 Kudos

Another Harry Potter Book!

Frequent Contributor
macross
0 Kudos

Re: Another Harry Potter Book!

D'Oh I cant read it cause of my companys firewall, someone clicky it for me and tell me please!
On a wing and a prayer.
Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

yay! hey can I put that in quates and put it up here?
~Life is an open and delicate window to love and the world's greatest pleasures. But it can be closed in and instant as if you were never there before.~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

BarbaraN wrote:
It looks like we might get an 8th Harry Potter book!!!!

She said that she MIGHT consider it in TEN years time... and that Harry would not be the central character... let's be very careful about raising people's expectations, as this isn't anything different than what she has said before...
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

hey im here!!!!
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

My bad! Man! Everybody just disappeared! I have to go back to school on wendsday and I'm trying to make the best of my free days!
~Life is an open and delicate window to love and the world's greatest pleasures. But it can be closed in and instant as if you were never there before.~
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

mee to even though i have to work on two reports still and organize all of my binders because they r a total mess.
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
BarbaraN
0 Kudos

Don't know how accurate these speculations are but what would you want to see in HP-8? Here is another article:
------------------------

HARRY Potter fans have reacted enthusiastically to strong hints J.K. Rowling may pen an eighth book in the series.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22988405-663,00.html
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Poor mee… firwalls sucks! Give me more details about this please.. I don’t care if this thing (I mean the 8th book) is going to happen. But what does it say anyway?
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

JKR hints in the TIME magazine article that she sometimes wants to give in to the temptation to write an 8th book, but then says no, give it 10 years, and we'll see. Something like that. People have paraded that all around the Internet, and people are picking up on it as a rumor. It's in online articles, blogs, etc., but that's all it is, just based on the TIME magazine thing. Nothing to get excited about, I'm afraid.

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
lilmissjenny
0 Kudos

That'll be awesome!!
Frequent Contributor
cjb07
0 Kudos

If Harry's not the central character, what do you think it will be about? I'm voting for his dad and the marauders personally, Remus is still my favorite!
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

i also hope that if she does write another book it would be about the marauders. i would great to see how they were at school and see all the pranks that they did.
LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

There are so many possibilities, aren't there? One thing she mentioned in the "Day in the Life" documentary was that she was "most interested" in Harry and Ginny's son, Albus Severus (of his 3 children--James, Albus, and Lily). Hmm....

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

I would like to witness the Voldy Regime…
And a little more flashbacks at Godric’s Hollow would be so awesome..
Id like to see Arianna…
JKR!! Yes im talking to you, girl!!!! Please tell these people zat ariana is raped!!! C’mon!!! im sure you’re dying to say that too!! Prove me right!!! Please !!! you’re my favorite author!!! We understand each othahhhh!!!
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
hihi
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

BarbaraN wrote:
It looks like we might get an 8th Harry Potter book!!!!

She said that she MIGHT consider it in TEN years time... and that Harry would not be the central character... let's be very careful about raising people's expectations, as this isn't anything different than what she has said before...

HOw about we keep this thread going for another ten years so we can talk about teh next one?
Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

She will write other books, but I think she will write another series based on different characters in different magical worlds. My prediction is that she will be riding on a ship this time, not a train, and become inspired to write a series about a plot that is set in/on Atlantis. It will be a 10-book series. It will not hook young kids this time, but younger to middle-aged adults and it will take them into their geriatric years.

There are a few downsides to this scenario: First, Molly, Psychee, Connie, and I will probably be dead before the release of the 10th book. Second, the book release parties won't involve face painting, but face-lifting. And finally, the only magical way to enter Atlantis is to jump off ships, therefore many people drown and she loses a huge fanbase in the process.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Kreacherteacher wrote:
She will write other books, but I think she will write another series based on different characters in different magical worlds. My prediction is that she will be riding on a ship this time, not a train, and become inspired to write a series about a plot that is set in/on Atlantis. It will be a 10-book series. It will not hook young kids this time, but younger to middle-aged adults and it will take them into their geriatric years.

There are a few downsides to this scenario: First, Molly, Psychee, Connie, and I will probably be dead before the release of the 10th book. Second, the book release parties won't involve face painting, but face-lifting. And finally, the only magical way to enter Atlantis is to jump off ships, therefore many people drown and she loses a huge fanbase in the process.

lol! Sort of reminds me of the old jokes about the Startrek movies, that the next one will be called something like "In Search Of Geritol"... (For you younger people, Geritol was/is a vitamin product for the elderly- I don't know if they still make it or not!)
Frequent Contributor
halfscripts
0 Kudos

Am I the only one NOT enthused about this?
Maybe I'm being a brat.. (it has been known to happen before) but I wish she would just lay the series to rest. I'd hate for her to run the characters into the ground, and besides, the 7 books has enough significance as a septology that to throw an 8th, 9th, etc book in there would just throw everything off.

Then again, I also hated the epilogue too so maybe I'm just biased!

Oh, how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying.
Proud B&N Musicseller since 2005!
myspace.com/railroadsounds
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

halfscripts wrote:
Am I the only one NOT enthused about this?
Maybe I'm being a brat.. (it has been known to happen before) but I wish she would just lay the series to rest. I'd hate for her to run the characters into the ground, and besides, the 7 books has enough significance as a septology that to throw an 8th, 9th, etc book in there would just throw everything off.

Then again, I also hated the epilogue too so maybe I'm just biased!

If it focuses on HRO I'm in agreement with you that I'm against it happening. However if the book were to focus on Albus, James, and Lily et al. I think it would be a good move esp in 10 years when the group the age of myself, jaya and others here will have children around the age to start a new series. My kids are likely going to grow up to tales of HP and in 10 years time they will be 10 and 11 and would likely be the exact target audience JKR and Scholastic would go after with a new story so it makes sense for the time frame she's giving.

I think however if the story focuses on HRO you'll lose some stuff. I think Hogwarts is a large part of what we all really loved about Harry's world and I don't see a second set being nearly as successful without being focused there. Harry and Ron's duties at work would be interesting but it would pale in comparison to the mystique and relationships that are built at Hogwarts. I'm not saying that the tale shouldn't include cameos from many of our old friends from the first set but I would prefer they be secondary characters at the most (Neville being the possible exception since he is a teacher at Hogwarts).