Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Anyone else enjoying Pottermore?

Surprisingly, as an adult, I am finding I quite enjoy the expanded experience on Pottermore.

The little tidbits about characters and the world are quite enjoyable. Like how Vernon and Petunia met.

Not as keen on the game aspects. (Mix a potion! Fight a duel!) But it's no worse than all those Facebook games, I suppose.

Reader
AnnMarieMorley
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else enjoying Pottermore?

I have been waiting for it to open.  I didn't know until I saw this post that it was.  I'm so excited!  I must go there now...

Oh,btw, I'm an adult too.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
alaskagirl2000
0 Kudos

I love pottermore! It is so cool to go through everything and learn all these awesome things! I love finding out what wand I would have, based on what JK Rowling thought when she wrote the books. Can't wait until the 2nd book comes out!:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

I realize it's still technically in beta, and it takes time to design the detailed experience for each book, but the pace of the books being opened is way too slow. And I'm a patient man.

But duels and potions just isn't cutting it to keep my interest.

They need to do more to keep me wanting to come back more frequently.

Frequent Contributor
GEEna
0 Kudos

Pottermore is a bit of a let-down, honestly. I would like the site if it was more interactive. The only thing I really enjoy is reading all of the new back stories and such.

there ain't no rest for the wicked.
Contributor
Amp1025
0 Kudos

Deffinately enjoyed the first story. Can't wait for the next one to open!!

New User
Manateeluver
0 Kudos

Oh yes. I would have to say Pottermore is one of my most favorite websites. I am on frequently waiting for more chapters and checking out house points. (Go Ravenclaw!)

Now what?
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

I haven't had the opportunity to go to the pottermore site. I too am an adult, but I love harry potter; lets just say that i am a kid at heart. I think i'll go check it out.
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

I love the idea of having something to look forward to relating to potter, however it's going a bit slow for me. And it's not what I thought it would be. I loved the wand and the sorting but other than that it's been kinda boring.
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!