Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

Re: Changes in June - but here's the Good News!

Connie, please come by and tell us whenever you write about Harry Potter related things in your real job -- with links for us! 

And I'm not sure I like the fact that there will not be a moderator here...  there are too many Death Eaters out there to cause trouble and I'm convinced that the reason they haven't bothered us in a long time is because you have always been great at dealing with them!  Sounds to me like this is another example of "No good deed goes unpunished". 

But I AM happy that the board will continue to be active.  Thanks for telling us, Connie.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

But Psychee, I know you read the end of DH!  All the DE's are maimed or dead!  Only Draco is left, and Harry can handle him (and Draco knows it!).

I guess it will be time for us to leave our moderator behind and continue on our journey.  But the fact that B&N is breaking Connie's Moderator's Wand doesn't mean Connie can't come with is.  And esides, I'll bet that if we really get in trouble, Jaya will jump right in and swish/flick away the baddies.  LoL

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

True, the DE's are gone, but the Dementors are still around, and they are worse!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934

I know.

When the dementors come around, I try to practice what JKR taught.  Happy thoughts and keep your mouth shut.

It works for me a lot of the time.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

If anything ever needed a moderator it is the teen boards. Those boards are all over the place and although good conversations happen its gotten out of hand. I've tried to help out that board before even though I'm not a moderator and it worked for all of a few days before everything went back to the mess it is.

Thanks all the moderators for everything you do though. So sad that some of you will be leaving.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
agnijay

The unfortunate problem with Teen Reads is that the posters are reluctants to change. They simply don't understand that some of us don't like wading through thread after thread to find the page we're looking for, and many of the old users who see the situation similarly (to AlliD and I) have been verbally attacked for suggesting that the amount of threads be cut down. I remember it briefly being like that on HP after that e-mail blast went out, but that died down a lot when Connie came around and when the book was released. It's bascically like that all the time, so AlliD and I came to the consensus that it would be best to live things the way they are. It's unfortunate, but true.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

It's like trying to herd cats.

Jaya, do you have access to the controls for this board?  Could you delete or edit posts here if necessary?

Inspired Scribe
Jules934

Herding cats is easy. 

All you have to do is make a sound like a can opener (opening a can of cat food) at the desired destination and they will all be there in a scat!

Iy's all in the wrist.

LOL

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Skip that just shake the treat box, faster responce.

My cats know sometimes all that in a can is olives.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk

Jules934 wrote:

But you will stop by for pudding, won't you?   Please!  Pretty Please!! 

Ha.  I'm sure when the next movie comes out, I'll want to share.  And there's the theme park opening, too.  I'd love to read about anyone who goes there to see his/her impressions of it.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk

Psychee wrote:

Connie, please come by and tell us whenever you write about Harry Potter related things in your real job -- with links for us! 

And I'm not sure I like the fact that there will not be a moderator here...  there are too many Death Eaters out there to cause trouble and I'm convinced that the reason they haven't bothered us in a long time is because you have always been great at dealing with them!  Sounds to me like this is another example of "No good deed goes unpunished". 

But I AM happy that the board will continue to be active.  Thanks for telling us, Connie.

Thanks, Psychee.  I have had to use a little magic of my own to keep the Dark Lord and his followers at bay at times, but you'll all do just fine, I'm sure.  Just PM an Admin. if a Dementor appears on the scene!  :smileywink:

And yes - I'll no doubt be writing about the films coming up and maybe the theme park in various venues online or in print, so give me a "Google" once in awhile if you're wondering what I'm up to!

Lastly, everyone - please do feel free to reach me through my website any time, too, if there's something you'd like me to know.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk

Psychee wrote:

It's like trying to herd cats.

Jaya, do you have access to the controls for this board?  Could you delete or edit posts here if necessary?

Good idea, folks, to call on the Reader Moderators if trouble ensues.  They might be able to help on the spot or get the attention of the admins. for ya'll.

I'm just wondering what's going to happen with the clubs when (notice, I don't say if) J. K. Rowling publishes another book.   :smileyhappy:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader-Moderator
agnijay

Unfortunately, my moderating powers only extend to the Teen Reads board.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

Would you be willing to take this board, too, Jaya, on a maintenance-if-necessary basis?   I'd be more than willing to ask an administrator for you.    

Reader-Moderator
agnijay

Certainly. This board is much tamer than the TR Board.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

OK, I'll ask.  Thanks!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

agnijay wrote:

Certainly. This board is much tamer than the TR Board.

lol that's the understatement of the century. nothing could compete with how crazy TR is.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Jules934

Well, I guess we'd better going planning Connie's party.

Connie, what are your preferences in refreshment, food, spirits, decor, entertainment, whatever. 

I, for one, would like to have the Headless Hunt perform!

Our wands are at your command. 

And if anyone has any suggestions -- like how about suggestions on some theme-park style ride we could conjur   Thru Fluffy's Trapdoor?   Down the Whomping Willow Tunnel?   An Evening in the Cave?  

Author
ConnieAnnKirk

[ Edited ]

You guys are sweet!

How about we all meet up at the Harry Potter theme park sometime this summer?  Ha.  I wish.  That would be fun, though, wouldn't it?  And a fitting party for us all.  Thanks, Jules.

Jaya - I asked at one time to help with Teen Reads (I think it was before you came).  I also suggested a Twilight board that would siphon off some of that discussion from Teen Reads, but the PTB didn't go for either, and that was some time ago.  Good luck with everything!  :smileywink:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

[ Edited ]

Jaya, Jon tells me that he has given you access to the controls for the board.  Thanks for offering to fill in.

Connie, you better come back here and post from time to time!