Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

Re: Couples!

Those are pretty obvious though... I think there were other things in there that we won't really notice until the last book.

Sent a letter in the mail in braille to Johnny Quest
Send me back my Etch-a-Sketch!
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

Very possible.. I think Cuaron was J.K.'s favorite ... I wish he would do movie 7!!!
Bu of course cause you know he's mexican and my peoples rule :smileywink: Just Kiddin people.. everyone rocks! Ok so maybe you're right ... maybe we need to pay closer attention to movie 3... *grabs keys and runs to blockbuster due to lack of drivers licence*

I'll watch and let you guys know my findings :smileyhappy:
~*~it's the unknow we fear when we look upon death and darkness~*~
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

*clears throat* My fellow Ron/Hermione shippers ... I have just had a marvelouse thought...
Now I know that JK is British and might not watch American shows , and this may just be a coincidence of fate... but to anyone who has ever watched Boy Meets World ... do Cory and Topanga remind you of anyone?

1. Cory=Ron: short easy name.
Topanga=Hermione : long hard to pronunce name

2. Friends since they were young.

3. Have a cool friend in common who tends to get in trouble...Harry=Shawn

4. Topanga is a know it all and Cory tends to fail...umm are you seeing the pattern here?

Ok so how would this help us... well I'll tell you how the series ends... Cory and Topanga get married.

Ok so here's hoping the coincidences will continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

YES.
I love Topanga and Cory...they are SO like Hermione and Ron... I also think Topanga is an only child? And Cory has a younger sister and a stupid older brother... even though he doesn't have 6 siblings...

Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

Madelia wrote:
YES.
I love Topanga and Cory...they are SO like Hermione and Ron... I also think Topanga is an only child? And Cory has a younger sister and a stupid older brother... even though he doesn't have 6 siblings...

I know !!!!!! oh my!!!! I just had a break through!!! I mean I'm watching it right now and guess what... there's this whole making Topanga jelouse with some random girl... ummmm can you say 'the Lavender fiasco'?????
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

Haha oh yes! I think they'll end up like those two, most definitely. I just have a hunch about it.

Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

ok we should steer the conversation back to the couples before the moderator comes after us jajajajja! sooo what are your thought on the letters between Hermione and Krum?? I think that they are all about how frustraiting Ron is being and Krum is giving her advice.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed, mod. "eyes" are a-watchin'! :smileywink: Thanks! ~ConnieK, "32"

adribetty394 wrote:
ok we should steer the conversation back to the couples before the moderator comes after us jajajajja! sooo what are your thought on the letters between Hermione and Krum?? I think that they are all about how frustraiting Ron is being and Krum is giving her advice.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

adribetty394 wrote:

Personally I think she's teaching him things. Haha.

Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

well i don't know i think she's talking to him about ron and then ron will find a letter of them and he'll find out her true feelings..(i got it from a fanfic) :smileywink:
New User
k84489
0 Kudos

Actually, sorry to burst anyone's Nevile/Luna bubble, but JK Rowling has said that it will NOT happen. Sorry! However, I am a fan of Harry/Ginny (I really hope that they don't die) and Ron/Hermione.
Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.
J. K. Rowling
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

yeah i read that too... i guess giving everyone someone would be too much... did that make sense?
Contributor
Auzy41592
0 Kudos

Here goes:

Harry/Ginny
Hermione/Ron
Lupin/Tonks
Bill/Fleur

I don't think that Pansy and Draco will get together just because in the 6th book Draco ran off and I'm pretty sure he won't be returning to Hogwarts. And I really didn't see Neville and Luna get together because I think that Luna likes Harry. And the whole Hermione/Ron thing. I think JKR has been hinting it all along. Look at the back of books 2 and 6. Hermione and Ron are together on both of these. Just happened to notice this the other day. And I don't think that anyone is gay.
~Alaska Girls Kick Butt~
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

Chhh, let us slashers have our fun.

;]

Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

yep slashers and Draco/Hermione's have there place in fanfiction *sigh* .... yeah well the only other one that interests me are the spouses of the proffesors which will be revealed in book 7 :smileywink:
New User
rooji01
0 Kudos

Who are your favorite pairings?

who are your favorite relationship pairings? (does not have to actually exist in the book)

Examples:

Harry/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Cho

Ron/Hermione
Ron/Lavender
Ron/Fleur

Draco/Pansy
Draco/Hermione
Draco/Ginny
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

Re: Who are your favorite pairings?

i think it should be harry/ginny, ron/hermoine/ lupin/tonks, i really dont think neville/luna would work out. oh and also hagrid/and that other half giant woman that he went on that journey with. that would be neat for hagrid to be with her
‡¥‡ When it comes to LOVE, even forever don't seem long enough ‡¥‡
Frequent Contributor
lhsnlife
0 Kudos

Re: Who are your favorite pairings?

mine is

harry/ginny
ron/hermione
lupin/tonks
luna/neville
umbridge/fudge- they both tragically die in a painful slow death!!!
Frequent Contributor
ravensilverlight
0 Kudos

How about Krum and Luna getting together! Wouldn't that be a good one!
Contributor
lilysmama
0 Kudos

I think Luna should end up with Draco. :smileyhappy: