Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
snapehater19
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite Quotes from DEATHLY HALLOWS

Psychee wrote:
RAPIER SAYS: "So people, let's try and calm down a bit. Things are bad enough without inventing stuff as well. For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That's a BASILISK, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do."

I personally like "...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo..."
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

Harry-"you don't learn from your mistakes, Riddle,do you?"

Voldemort-"You dare"

Harry-"yes, I dare"
i love that part.

" no, he must've known you'd always want to came back."
that so sweet.
LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

I LOVE THAT PART AS WELL

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Oh yes! blinkgirl89, I Love that part! i have said this before, but again i shall repeat it, I have been waiting FOREVER for Harry to call Voldy Riddle. I always marvel at Dumbledore's confronting him as "tom"
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
PEGSmom
0 Kudos

blinkgirl89 wrote:
Harry-"you don't learn from your mistakes, Riddle,do you?"

Voldemort-"You dare"

Harry-"yes, I dare"
i love that part.

" no, he must've known you'd always want to came back."
that so sweet.

Can you imagine that scene in the movie? Roars and cheers from the crowd!!!!
~ PEGSmom~
"It's our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
valeriefrankel
0 Kudos

Perhaps once more, Master Harry, for luck?
Gotta love Kreacher
Valerie Frankel
Author of Henry Potty and the Pet Rock:
An Unauthorized Harry Potter Parody
www.HarryPotterParody.com
Frequent Contributor
potterfreak2
0 Kudos

"There must be a secret message from Dumbledore hidden in the icing!"

:smileyhappy:
New User
Ariana22

Love that quote but I can't believe nobody has posted my absolute favourite yet!!

Dumbledore: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

p578 i think. So sweet *sob*
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours!" - Barty Crouch Jnr
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

I KNOW, ariana22, I LOVE THAT PART!
I have it scribbled under the title in the beginning of all my hp books
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

"Just going to make it up as we go along,are we? My favorite kind."-Fred

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Contributor
sarcasticredhead
0 Kudos

It was great reading everyone's favorite quotes! I have so many, but almost all of them have already been mentioned. Here's one that hasn't been added to the thread yet:

At the very end, when Harry and Ron's kids are getting aboard the Hogwarts Express and little Albus notices that many of the other children are staring in their direction (presumably at Harry, the man who finally rid the Wizarding World of the Dark Lord, and Ron says "Well, they're probably looking at me... I'm very famous, you know."
New User
lovely11
0 Kudos

hey.

could someone who liked "look... at... me..." explain me what exactly did Snape mean with it?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

Lovely11, do you remember how people always said that Harry had his mother's eyes?  By asking Harry to look at him while he died, Snape was really asking for the chance to look into the eyes of the woman he loved -- Harry's mum, Lily. 

lovely11 wrote:

hey.

could someone who liked "look... at... me..." explain me what exactly did Snape mean with it?

New User
lovely11
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

tnx a lot.

;]

tought so but wasn't sure.

;D

Message Edited by lovely11 on 10-15-2008 06:19 PM
Correspondent
StewiesMom

Best Ever - in three word - "Look at Me".

I love those three words.  They lead into my all-time favorite chapter of Deathly Hallows.  However, I'm not sure of their intended meaning.  Another post alluded to Severus desiring a final look into the eyes that looked just like "his" Lily's eyes, although I thought they were a plea from Severus to Harry to "look" into the real Severus' life  In either case, what a great trio of words!

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Right up there with "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" and "Rosebud".Movie quotes, not book quotes.

StewiesMom, I'm with the gang that figures it was Snape's last opportunity to see Lily's eyes.

StewiesMom wrote:

Best Ever - in three word - "Look at Me".

I love those three words.  They lead into my all-time favorite chapter of Deathly Hallows.  However, I'm not sure of their intended meaning.  Another post alluded to Severus desiring a final look into the eyes that looked just like "his" Lily's eyes, although I thought they were a plea from Severus to Harry to "look" into the real Severus' life  In either case, what a great trio of words!

Frequent Contributor
laloz

Not sure if these were emntioned already. They are the quotes from the tomb stones as opposed to what people actually said....

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death" - on the Potters

"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" - on DD's mum and sister

New User
emma_522
0 Kudos

i have no idea if this is right...

"at least she didn't set those birds on you this time" -harry

"i haven't ruled it out"-hermionie

i thought that was so funny because it summed up the hermionie-ron relationship in a few words because ron would always make hermionie a bit mad, but she is in love with him,  like she was when she set the birds on him in the 6th book

Frequent Contributor
Duck_Duck
0 Kudos

My personal Favorite - "Merlin's Pants" Hermione
Duck_Duck:smileyvery-happy:

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book! - Unknown
New User
resaaaaaaaaa
0 Kudos

sirius black didn't say this....this quote was said about him by albus dumbledore