Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

HP7 Part II

Will you be dressing up as a character, etc?  Would you, if you could?   Who would it be?

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Re: HP7 Part II

Hmmm . . . Yes.I will be going as a Muggle!

I don't think I could do it. I would be doing good if I wore my Harry Potter T-shirt and I'm not even sure I'm wearing that!

If I had to choose a character to dress up as, it would be Prof. Trelawney. That would be hilarious! Oh, can you just imagine it?!!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Oh, go ahead and wear it.  Do! 

I'll wear one  of the earlier tees and my Dumbledore Hat (orange tassel).

The greatest costume I saw was at a midnight release book party  -someone got themself up as Mrs. Black. complete with picture frame!!!!

I'd do Tonks, on one of her violent-violet hair days.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

I will not be going in costume.

If I were to, I'd go as Dolores Umbridge.  I love to hate her.  I realize she doesn't appear in the second film, but...

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Doris Umbridge!  That would take real courage.  Better park right in front of the theatre, under the brightest lights, and take Fluffy along for protection.  And don't eat or drink anything.   

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

I just got my tickets today for the midnight showing, really excited because this is the first and only one I will be going to the midnight showing for. 

I am not going to dress up but if I had some student robes, either Ravenclaw or Griffindor, I would definitely wear them.

Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper

I'm going to be Neville Longbottom. I have no shame.

I Was going to be Dobby, but the thing I made just looked like a dress. And I have hair. It just didn't have the right effect. ha

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Guys, I'm in line like right now! I'm the third person in line!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

You got in line 2 1/2 before it the movie starts?  What time did the 2 in front of you show up?  You definately are a fan!!

Now could you check out Harry Trivia?

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

He may of been in line for part 1, which at some theaters was shown as a special before part 2, the people that went to part 1 in the theater near me got priority seating for part 2. 

I thought the movie was great, they could of shown and explained some more at the end though.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

It's the ending that is particularly difficult, if you mean the King's Cross chapter.  Did they go into that at all?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Spoiler!

Yes Jules, they did have the King's Cross place after Harry was sent there. The epilogue was not a whole lot the same when you compare the movie and the book.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Re: Spoiler!

over all, how does it rank copared to SS & CoS?

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

It doesnt compare. The movie was completely wicked. Loved every minute.
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

It does compare, cause SS and SoC were great, but so was the 7th movie part 2.... I loved it! i did not dress up as anyone, but if i had i would have dressed up as Luna Lovegood! ahahahah o that would have been a sight to see. or ginny. either one of them, but i think that dressing up as Luna would have been funny, because her style is a bit hilarious.... not that i dont love Luna, cause i absolutly do.

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Well when I went to the premiere, I had to costumes to change into. One was Harry and the other I made my own Voldemort face mask, it was pretty cool!

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

haha thats awesome! i would have wore the voldemort mask... did you? lol that would have been awesome to see!

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
Distinguished Correspondent
REXx

The movie was completely amazing!! It was faithful to the book and did not disappoint! I went as Bellatrix LeStrange, I'm so glad I did! There was one guy dressed as if he had just escaped azcaban that was running and shouting and jumping out of trees, that was my favorite costume. It was one of the most awesome days ever with camera crews and wizarding battles!! sighhhhhh............. I'll miss it

" For the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." Albus Dumbledore

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

o man i wish i could have seen you. I would have loved to see someone dressed as bellatrix and seeing the guy dressed like an askaban prisoner, o that would have been funny. I'm kind of sad that all of this is over:*(

Distinguished Correspondent
REXx
0 Kudos

Hahaha:smileyvery-happy: Thank you, it was really fun seeing all those wizards and hogwarts kids glaring at me as I walked by! My Hufflepuff friend got so mad at me when I showed him the Dark Mark I drew on my arm with sharpie. It was so funny, when Harry killed Voldemort instead of cheering like we did for Nagini and Bella we just sat shocked in silence like -"now what?" But I can't complain about the ending. It was the best it could possibly be.