Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

oh NO!

I just remembered! they forgot the house elves. Tell me if i;m crazy if they really did show them 'cause I don't remember seeing 'em.

Distinguished Correspondent
dobys_girl_55

Re: Spoiler!

this movie was one of the few that actually did the books justice.  SS and CoS were great but the others did not quite seem to do the trick.  I went to see it on the second day of being out.  shoulda dressed up but i didnt.  if i had i would have wanted to go as bellatrix or ginny.

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Distinguished Correspondent
dobys_girl_55

the only thing that i was mad about in this movie was they didnt show the house elves fighting at hogwarts.  to me that was a big thing in the books.  it shows that they are finally standing up for themselves

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

dobys_girl_55 wrote:

the only thing that i was mad about in this movie was they didnt show the house elves fighting at hogwarts.  to me that was a big thing in the books.  it shows that they are finally standing up for themselves

Since they decided to drop the whole "house elves liberation" storyline from all the previous movies, having them appear at the battle for Hogwwarts would have been, at best, an easter egg for die-hard fans of the books and, at worst, confusing to those (and they do exist) who have only followed the movies.

Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

True... :smileyhappy: