Frequent Contributor
Kimberlh
0 Kudos

Harry - Ginny Plus a Baby

I have to wonder if Harry will die in book 7 however leave Ginny Pregnant. That why Harry can die ending his story but that will leave an opening for the story to continue at some point as a new story.
New User
gobluejason
0 Kudos

Re: Harry - Ginny Plus a Baby

why would that happen seirusly.
New User
cmilz06
0 Kudos

It doesn't seem very likely that this event would occur in the 7th book...although Harry Ron and Hermione are going to be able to leave school and pursue the horcruxes, if Hogwarts reopens-Ginny will be forced to return to school by her parents as she is underage. At any rate, it seems that she will be unlikely to join the trio in the adventure. If Harry survives the war, I think it could be a possibility, however this is a big if...
New User
MadisonH753
0 Kudos

I doubt Ginny will be pregnant at the end of the book. I don't thing J.K. Rowling wants to promote teen pregnancy. Maybe they would have kids if Harry survives, but surely they would be older than 16 and 17.
New User
jseto
0 Kudos

No way.
Contributor
crimsonwolf520
0 Kudos

JKR has said that she will not be doing any "spinoffs" which is exactly what that would be. So no that will not happen.
New User
BunnysMom96
0 Kudos

Okay - I say Harry kills V, Snape goes to Azkaban for his evil-doing, Dudley is actually a wizard that Aunt P and Uncle V have been concealing - in which Dolores Umbridge tries pulling off as being "better and more powerful than Harry". I also say Harry and Ginny marry, same as Ron and Hermoine. Everyone has kids, lives happily ever after. However... I bet the book leaves you hanging a bit with something at the very end.
Contributor
VvsH
0 Kudos

I dont think that they would have a baby at the end of the book because of what the other guy sead JKr no spinoff
Frequent Contributor
Kimberlh
0 Kudos

MadisonH753 wrote:
I doubt Ginny will be pregnant at the end of the book. I don't thing J.K. Rowling wants to promote teen pregnancy. Maybe they would have kids if Harry survives, but surely they would be older than 16 and 17.

I was looking for as good way for the books to end without being cut and dry the good, bad or both die. No matter what any writer says when ending book they leave an opening, even a small one, for a return. Just in case! Plus in wizard land 17 is of age, not 18. Ginny could be 17 when she got pregnant. With each book getting more adult pregnancy would not be promoting something horrible. It is common in "adult" life. Just look how she made the kid grow up with each book, she not writing for kids any longer.
Frequent Contributor
Kimberlh
0 Kudos

crimsonwolf520 wrote:
JKR has said that she will not be doing any "spinoffs" which is exactly what that would be. So no that will not happen.

No writer or their publish is going to leave such a big selling story totally closed off with no hope of return. Writers many times says this is it, end of story! No chance of return. ~ Then five or ten years later when they are bored decide to do another book. She can kill off Harry so that he can not be re-done later to protect the character of Harry but leaving Harry a child would leave an opening for the book to move on some day if she wanted to.
Frequent Contributor
Reven
0 Kudos

Harry can die and she can still 'resurrect' him. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did that to Sherlock Holmes: he killed them in such away that everyone thought he was dead and ended up bringing him back.
________ Life is shades of gray. ________
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

Reven wrote:
Harry can die and she can still 'resurrect' him. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did that to Sherlock Holmes: he killed them in such away that everyone thought he was dead and ended up bringing him back.

Happens all the time in soap operas too.
:]

Sent a letter in the mail in braille to Johnny Quest
Send me back my Etch-a-Sketch!
Frequent Contributor
chococutedani
0 Kudos

no offense but yes, pregnancy seems a bit harsh.also u have to remember, harry and ginny r pretty mature. i doubt they would combine "things" to make a baby.does harry seem like the kind to have "it" at sucha young age and all.i just cant picture it...........at all!!!!
Frequent Contributor
jftapia88
0 Kudos

MadisonH753 wrote:

i have to agree, ginny getting pregnant would be a little too adult for a childrens book. even though harry and the others have grown up and will be officialy adults, its prolly not gonna happen, simply because she waited for 5 books to give harry a kiss and she didnt even write it in, she had harry say that they kissed. remember how big a deal it was they were showing it all over the place "harry potter gets his first kiss in this most recent instalment of JKRs blah blah blah" i was thouroughy pissed because i heard about it before i read it. if she wrote in anything pertaining to harry and ginny hvaing premarital sex and ginny becoming pregnant at a young age there would be outrages by parents and concervatives everywhere!
Julie
Contributor
people123
0 Kudos

i know lots of kids who read the HP books and are around eleven years of age. JKR is a parent, right? I think she would have the sense to look at it from the point of view as a mother approving the book for her child.
New User
Numyllama
0 Kudos

Somewhere along the lines of the seventh book Harry ang Ginny could get married, and then at the end of the book find out that Ginny is Pregnant, whether or not Harry survives.
Nagini
Frequent Contributor
amm1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

gobluejason wrote:
why would that happen seirusly.

I agree.

Message Edited by amm1 on 06-15-2007 03:15 PM
New User
Someone
0 Kudos

crimsonwolf520 wrote:

Another author could do a spinnoff.
New User
Someone
0 Kudos

Reven wrote:

Anthony Horowitz did that to Alex Rider.
New User
Insano_ninja
0 Kudos

Stuff like this is the reason they have fanfiction.net, no one can respect us author
types anymore. (gets up and storms off)
Chris "The Demon Angel" Volkoff