Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Sarah_Newly
0 Kudos

Re: Harry Trivia

>>>Why does dumbledore tell snape to kill him? and how come dumbledore wants it to be him?

Also I believe that Dumbledore still believed that Draco could redeem himself and he didn't want him to have to cope with a murder for the rest of his life. Dumbledore was a very selfless person for the most part and I believe he was more concerned with preserving the innocence and purity of his students than he was with the manner in which he died.

Additionally, we all saw that Draco was struggling to do it, in which case we need to remember that Snape took upon him an unbreakable vow to help and protect Draco, Dumbledore could have asked Snape to kill him to preserve Snape's life as well.

ALSO (Sorry, I'm a little too analytical), Voldemort wanted to use Draco and destroy him in payment for Lucius' failure and this was Dumbledore's way of sending the message: There will always be someone to stand in your way; Or: Revenge is a terrible thing. It was also his last opportunity to defy Voldemort. 

~You can't die if you've never lived~
New User
Sarah_Newly
0 Kudos

>>> The burning sock smell

Come on, it's so obviously Mundungus Fletcher! Mrs. Weasley hated having him over.

New User
Sarah_Newly
0 Kudos

Sorry, forgot to add my question:

In the 6th book, which relative does Draco mention to Slughorn in attempts to weasle into the "Slug Club?"

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

Why are you answering the older questions and ignoring the new one?  In order to post your own question you have to answer the previous one first.  I got to the otter one first so you have to answer mine before you can ask one.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Sorry, Padr.  I back read and couldn't find your question. What was it again?

Lots of enthusiasm here lately.

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

It was at the end of my post about which question wasn't in the books.  And there is a lot of enthusiasm, lol. 

The question was how much does a unicorn horn cost in Diagon alley.

Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper
0 Kudos

It was his father right, sarah?

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

Markthetripper wrote:

It was his father right, sarah?

You might need to answer the question that I posted on the previous page, her question doesn't really count since someone answered and posted a question before she did.  And, btw, even though it doesn't count, it is not his father as his father was in Azkaban and would of made him look bad.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

When Harry first visits Diagon Alley, unicorn horns were 21galleons.

Draco mentions his grandfather, Abraxas Malfoy, to ProfESSOR Slughorn in an attempt to join the SlugClub.

The questioj is now.....

WHO WAS THE 7TH PERSON MENTIONED IN JKR'S  DEDICATION OF HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

You, me, every Harry Potter fan!

How do you reverse your own Horcrux?

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

That is hard, is that even in the books and/or movies?

Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper
0 Kudos

Yeah, I don't remember that being anywhere in the books.

Trick question? It is impossible. That's my guess.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Don't remember either.  Unless you're talking about when Voldemort tried to AK Harrk and knocked his soul-bit out of Harry's scar.  And that would certainly be reaching a long way.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

OH DAN21!!!!!

Would you mind apparating over here and helping us out?????

:smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad:

:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Hint: Hermione explained this to Harry and Ron in the sixth book, at least in the last chapter, that's all I can remember.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

A  To repair your soul, you must feel true, deep remorse for what you have done.

Q  What color were Ollivander's eyes?

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

A: gold Q: why is it that the fact that Harry has his mothers eyes us so important?
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Sorry not gold but silver
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Yes, they were silver.

Phrases like "you have your mother's eyes" or "you have your father's nose" or"... your grandmother's moustache" (!?!)are just annoying things adults say about kids.  JKR never gave us any meaning beyond that one. 

I thought that, at some point, his green eyes might have given him away while in a disguise, but not.  Perfect place would have been in Malfoy Mannor, when Harry was all stinging-hexed, Draco could have noticed them, but no.  Maybe JKR delibretly stopped playing them up when Dan Radcliffe was unable to wear green contacts and WB didn't want to spent the $$$ to touch them up.  How many billions have they made?

Q What color were Lucius Malfoy's eyes?

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Actually Jules, the fact that we kept hearing that Harry had his mothers eyes was very important in the series and that is why we continually heard it. We learn the reason in book 7.
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!