Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

If YOU Were In the HP World

If you were in the Hp world, 1) Prophet or Quibbler? 2)House? 3) occupation? 4) patronus? 5) what dead character would you save? 6) Order or Voldy? 7) at the time of book 7, would you be an adult or a kid? 8) fav professor? 9) loyal, traitor, or unknown to your cause? 10) who are your relatives/what family would you want to be a part of/ who would you marry? Why? Please post and add q's if you want!
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. - EAP
Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Re: If YOU Were In the HP World

1) Quibbler. The Prophet lies. Plus i get free Spectrespecs 2)Ravenclaw 3)Professor of Wizarding Studies (wizarding art, how the ministry works, odd branches of magic, and during 7, defensive magic) Sponsor of the DA. 4) a fox. 5) Snape. 6) Order. Id rather die than betray my friends. 7) adult 8)Snape, Snape, Severus Snape (anyone get it? If not, google hp puppet pals) 9) ~unknown~ (ooooh. mysterey) 10) Greasy Sevvy Snape (again, does anyone get it? Look up the Parselmouth's song Its Not Half Bad). Still, ive always trusted Snape. Always (no pun intended, seriously!) ? I also feel so bad for him. No one loves a 'traitor'. :.( :smileysad: ÷| (th@ last face was kind of random...) plz dont say im mad. Or loony. Luna would not approve.
Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper

1) Prophet 2) Ravenclaw 3) In a magical rock band 4) Giant sloth 5) George 6) Order 7) kid 8) Minerva! 9) my cause? 10) I would marry Bellatrix.

Contributor
EmmaPotter
0 Kudos

1) Quibbler

2) Gryffindor

3) Charms Proffesor at Hogwarts

4)  A panther

5) I would save Dobby!!!

6) Order

7) 3rd year at hogwarts

8) Proffesor Lupin

9)Loyal to the New Order

10) Not realated to my other answers, I'd love to be Harry's daughter Lily

Questions

1) Wand?

2)Pet to bring to Hogwarts?

3) Favorite secret place to study at Hogwarts

4) fav subject

5) Fav Weasley

6) What one magical Iem would you choose?

New User
MissCriticReader
0 Kudos

If I were in the Hp world:

1) Prophet or Quibbler? Quibbler!

2)House? Gryffindor

3) occupation? Auror, of course

4) patronus? Chinchilla xD

5) what dead character would you save? SIRIUS!!! <3

6) Order or Voldy? Order!

7) at the time of book 7, would you be an adult or a kid? I would be in my sixth year, and I would've snuck back into the Battle of Hogwarts and fought!

8) fav professor? Professor Lupin

9) loyal, traitor, or unknown to your cause? Loyal all the way!

10) Who are your relatives/what family would you want to be a part of/ who would you marry? Why?  I would be a Mudblood and dang proud of it. I would want to marry Cedric Diggory, but seeing as how he's dead, I would marry Charlie Weasly, despite the major age difference....

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Reader1793 wrote:
If you were in the Hp world, 1) Prophet or Quibbler? 2)House? 3) occupation? 4) patronus? 5) what dead character would you save? 6) Order or Voldy? 7) at the time of book 7, would you be an adult or a kid? 8) fav professor? 9) loyal, traitor, or unknown to your cause? 10) who are your relatives/what family would you want to be a part of/ who would you marry? Why? Please post and add q's if you want!

1.  Quibbler

2.  Ravenclaw

3. Student at Hogwarts

4.  Servus Black

5.  Order

6.  I would side with the good

7. Kid

8.  McGongall

9.  Loyal

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

My answers to EmmaPotter's questions: 1)Ivy and either dragon heartstring or unicorn hair 2)My barn owl 3)behind the tapestry in the library, or the small room behind the statue of my hoise founder, Rowena Ravenclaw 4)DADA or Potions.. fighting rhe dark arts is interesting. Theres always a new challenge. Potiins requires work and skill, and patience. It seems like an intriguing subject. 5)Molly 6)do you mean what Hallow? If i had to pick a Hallow, i guess i would choose the wand. I already know how to do a Disillusionment charm. And im a metamorphmagus. I guess im pretty well disguised.
Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Re: If YOU Were In the HP World..

I guess i really wasnt paying attention to my spelling a minute ago. :smileyhappy: some new questions: 1) fav. ghost 2) what professor would you push down the stairs if they were alone? 3) fav. House founder? 4)fav. Marauder? 5) what would you do if you were offered the position of Minister of Magic? (Accept or decline?)
Reader
nmjones19
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

First Set

1. Quibbler

2. Ravenclaw

3. Auror

4. Wolf

5.Sirius Black

6. Order

7. I would be in my 7th and final year.

8. Remus Lupin

9. Loyal

10. I would want to be a part of the Weasley family because they were awesome and by the end, connected to everyone I loved in the books in some way.

Second Set

1. Oak, 10 3/4, phoenix feather core.

2. Snowy owl

3. I would study in the Room of Requirements

4. Transfiguration

5. Ginny

6. I'm not sure what lem means, but I will take Reader1793's cue and say the Hallow I would choose would be the invisibility cloak.

Third Set

1. Nearly Headless Nick

2. Umbridge

3. Rowena Ravenclaw

4. This is probably the hardest question so far. I love both Sirius and Lupin.

5. Decline

New Questions

1. What position would you play on a quidditch team?

2. Favorite creature?

3. Favorite of the trio (Harry, Ron, Hermione)?

4. Would you be an animagus (this would not necessarily match your patronus either)?

5. Favorite spell?

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Albus Dumbledore
Contributor
EmmaPotter

Thanks for answering my questions, and pardon my awful typing skills: my fingers aren't exactly ninjas on the keyboard! :smileyhappy: My question as What one magical Item would you choose, but Hallows are cool too.

Answers to new questions:

1. Seeker: I'm quick with good eyes

2. Favorite Magical Creature would probably be... A Phoenix

3. Completely Harry

4. Probably not an animagus, but my patronus is a small fox

5. Favorite Spell... Accio or Legilimens

Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Answers to nmjones19: Chaser, Buckbeak/Witherwings, Hermione, maybe..., and my fav. Spell....hmm.... legillimens or accio
Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Quidditch Questions

Oohh!!!Shiny new... questions! 1) Play, watch, or hate Quidditch? 2) Fav. Quidditch team? 3) What Quidditch player would you date(professional or any house) ? 4) What player is better, Keeper, Seeker, Chaser, or Beater? 5) Wood or Flint? 6) Puddlemere United, Bulgaria, or Ireland National? 7) Nimbus, Comet, or Firebolt? If you add q's, try to have a theme to them. :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Re: Quidditch Questions

1) watch. Too many injuries 2) Puddlemere United 3) *•_•* Oliver Wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4) Keeper :smileyhappy: 5)Wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6) Puddlemere United 7) Firebolt
Reader
nmjones19

Answers to my questions:

1) Seeker

2) Buckbeak or Fawkes

3) Hermione

4) Wolf or eagle

5) Accio

New questions:

1) Play

2) Gryffindor

3) Wood

4) Keeper

5) Wood

6) Ireland National

7) Firebolt

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Albus Dumbledore
Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Thanks. :smileyhappy: I love it when people respond!
New User
weasleylover06
0 Kudos

1. Quibbler...I support Luna's family!

2. Ravenclaw

3. uuuuuuuh, Professor for DADA. I'll teach Umbridge how to teach that class...

4. Arctic fox

5. FRED WEASLEY

6. Order, duh.

7. Hm....I would be a seventh year...not too far behind the twins...

8. LUPIN!!!!!!

9. You kidding? LOYAL!

10. Relatives: I wanna be a Muggle born! Husband: Well, if Fred DIND'T DIE.....George will have to do.

"One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."--Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
HPOTP
New User
weasleylover06
0 Kudos

1. Cherry wood, eleven inch, unicorn hair core.

2. My owl!

3. Hm....The Room of Requirment

4. Either Transfiguration or Charms. They seem fun.

5. FRED WEASLEY, OF COURSE. J.K Rowling is not nice for killing the ONE PERSON who has been my favorite since the beginning. I cried for a whole hour when he died...

6. What the heck is a lem???!!!

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."--Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
HPOTP
New User
weasleylover06
0 Kudos

1. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh..........Blimey, I'm not too sure.

2. Umbridge. You know, if she still taught there. That's why I'm so proud of Fred and George for firing those fireworks.

3. Rowena Ravenclaw

4. PADFOOT! Or Mooney, I don't know.

5. I'de decline. I'de already have enough on my mind, and I don't want to have to deal with Umbridge annoying me. Same goes to Rita Skeeter.

HPOTP
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Oh this is a good post...

1. Quibbler

2. Ravenclaw

3. Professor

4. owl

5. Dobby

6. Order

7. Kid

8. McGonnagal

9.loyal

10. I would love to be a Potter and I would love to marry my Won Won. 

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
New User
Mary3754
0 Kudos

Ok...lets see.Hermione would b my fave; I would bring a cat; Defense Against the Dark Arts; and I would have 2 <3 ginny.