Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

J.K. Rowling's New Novel

It looks like we are going to get a new novel from J. K. Rowling:

The author of the mega-selling "Harry Potter" series has an agreement with Little, Brown in the United States and Britain to publish her first novel for grownups. The title, release date and details about the novel, long rumored, were not announced Thursday.

Article:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h_KcoHQ47mQ533g2o-wokbywjx7g?docId=9dc25f0b8375420...

New User
Aislin13
0 Kudos

Re: J.K. Rowling's New Novel

I thought that the HP series was for grownups...and that it just worked out that kids liked the early books. Frankly, I would not have let my kids who were younger than 14 read the last two books.  I think that they were much too dark for young minds.  Can't wait for a new book!

Frequent Contributor
lev924
0 Kudos

the newbook is going to be amazing but its for adults but I don't care because shes a amazing author, and it comes out 3 days after my birthday!

New User
Anon-E-Mouse
0 Kudos

I'm very tempted to pre-order this. I know it won't be Harry Potter, and it's the signal that the series is definitely over, and that makes me very sad and nostalgic since I literally grew up with the series (bought the first book when I was 10). At the same time, I thought she did such a good job with Harry Potter that I really would love to see what she does with this.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

I am also thinking of pre-ordering the book as well.  J. K. Rowling is an AWESOME author.  The job she did on all the Harry Potter Books is OUTSTANDING! 

Even though the new books are nothing like the Harry Potter Series, I am looking forward to getting the books; because J. K. Rowling is a gifted author.

I really wish J. K. Rowling would have continued with the Harry Potter Series.  I was hooked from the first book all the way through the last one.  You know you have a good series when all you think about is when the next book will be coming to the store, so you can be held captive by the author once more!

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.  ~Paul Sweeney