Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

J. K. Rowling's on Twitter

It's going around the "Twitterverse" today that J. K. Rowling has a Twitter account.  It has been confirmed by a couple of HP fansites, but more importantly, it is listed as "Verified" by Twitter.  When Twitter verifies an account of a well-known person, it is real.

Here's J.K. Rowling's Twitter page.  From the sound of her Tweets, she's writing again (or still).  I know that will make a few people around here very happy!  :smileywink:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Re: J. K. Rowling's on Twitter

Thanks for the info, Connie. It appears that she only made the account to stop others from twittering on her behalf. Perhaps in the future she will tweet more, but until then, I don't think we'll hear much.

Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

Kreacherteacher wrote:

Thanks for the info, Connie. It appears that she only made the account to stop others from twittering on her behalf. Perhaps in the future she will tweet more, but until then, I don't think we'll hear much.

Yeah. I agree with you Kreachteacher. Just to let other people know that it's her.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kreacherteacher wrote:

That's right, KT.  She says as much (not to expect many Tweets from her).  She may use it to dispel rumors she doesn't like; that kind of thing.  Twitter's very useful for all kinds of things, so it was smart of her to get a "verified" account.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]