Reply
Moderator
Rachel-K
Posts: 1,495
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Love is in the Air

Harry and Ginny finally blossom into real a romance. Ron finally gets a girlfriend and the romantic tensions between him and Hermione are at their peak. Fleur and Bill are ready to tie the knot, and Fleur finally gains the respect of Bill’s family after his attack. What do you make of the love relationships we watch here--and do these romances play any part in your expectations of the final book? Are you too wrapped up in the final showdown to care?
Frequent Contributor
Kimberlh
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air


rkubie wrote:
Harry and Ginny finally blossom into real a romance. Ron finally gets a girlfriend and the romantic tensions between him and Hermione are at their peak. Fleur and Bill are ready to tie the knot, and Fleur finally gains the respect of Bill’s family after his attack. What do you make of the love relationships we watch here--and do these romances play any part in your expectations of the final book? Are you too wrapped up in the final showdown to care?





I have to wonder if Ginny will end up pregnant by Harry so that Harry can die in book 7 ending his story but that will leave an opening for the story to continue at some point as a new story.
New User
remis_lupin_rocks
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

I doubt that only because J.K. has made it clear that these Harry Potter books are over once the seventh is written and out. I mean, yeah it's possible. Since it wouldn't actually be about Harry Potter anymore, and it would probably be pretty cool, I just don't really see it happening.
I come out in the moonlight, but not by choice. *howling ensues*
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

Actually I find the affairs just as important as the final battle because I think they're intertwined.I think Harry/Ginny will come back strong and that Ron/Hermione are pretty much iron clad. The one that simply has me stumped is Remus/Tonks.. what's up with that. I mean sure tonks eventually looked happy but JK kind of left us in the dark. Any thoughs on the werewolf and the metamorph?
~*~it's the unknow we fear when we look upon death and darkness~*~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air



adribetty394 wrote:
Actually I find the affairs just as important as the final battle because I think they're intertwined.I think Harry/Ginny will come back strong and that Ron/Hermione are pretty much iron clad. The one that simply has me stumped is Remus/Tonks.. what's up with that. I mean sure tonks eventually looked happy but JK kind of left us in the dark. Any thoughs on the werewolf and the metamorph?




What part left you up in the air, adribetty394? Lupin had been telling Tonks that he was too old and too dangerous to be in a relationship with her; she was depressed throughout the book; then Bill got hurt, Fleur said she wanted to marry him anyway, and Tonks made Lupin see the light. Molly told Lupin that he needed to rethink his position- that Dumbledore would have liked the idea of more love in the world. When next we see them, they are holding hands, and Tonks' hair is pink, indicating that she is no longer depressed. Lupin has given in; he accepts her love; she is happy and now they are a couple.
Frequent Contributor
zman1980
Posts: 85
Registered: ‎06-09-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

I think that it is going to play a very big part in the final book. DD was always telling Harry that is best and strongest weapon against Vold. is his ability to Love.
It could be that Vold. takes Ginny and Harry's love for her is what gives him the ability to finally overcome Vold. superior power.
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air



Psychee wrote:


adribetty394 wrote:
Actually I find the affairs just as important as the final battle because I think they're intertwined.I think Harry/Ginny will come back strong and that Ron/Hermione are pretty much iron clad. The one that simply has me stumped is Remus/Tonks.. what's up with that. I mean sure tonks eventually looked happy but JK kind of left us in the dark. Any thoughs on the werewolf and the metamorph?




What part left you up in the air, adribetty394? Lupin had been telling Tonks that he was too old and too dangerous to be in a relationship with her; she was depressed throughout the book; then Bill got hurt, Fleur said she wanted to marry him anyway, and Tonks made Lupin see the light. Molly told Lupin that he needed to rethink his position- that Dumbledore would have liked the idea of more love in the world. When next we see them, they are holding hands, and Tonks' hair is pink, indicating that she is no longer depressed. Lupin has given in; he accepts her love; she is happy and now they are a couple.




I guess you are right, I just needed closure.. I like weddings :smileywink:
~*~it's the unknow we fear when we look upon death and darkness~*~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air



adribetty394 wrote:


Psychee wrote:


adribetty394 wrote:
Actually I find the affairs just as important as the final battle because I think they're intertwined.I think Harry/Ginny will come back strong and that Ron/Hermione are pretty much iron clad. The one that simply has me stumped is Remus/Tonks.. what's up with that. I mean sure tonks eventually looked happy but JK kind of left us in the dark. Any thoughs on the werewolf and the metamorph?




What part left you up in the air, adribetty394? Lupin had been telling Tonks that he was too old and too dangerous to be in a relationship with her; she was depressed throughout the book; then Bill got hurt, Fleur said she wanted to marry him anyway, and Tonks made Lupin see the light. Molly told Lupin that he needed to rethink his position- that Dumbledore would have liked the idea of more love in the world. When next we see them, they are holding hands, and Tonks' hair is pink, indicating that she is no longer depressed. Lupin has given in; he accepts her love; she is happy and now they are a couple.




I guess you are right, I just needed closure.. I like weddings :smileywink:





lol... Oh! That's what you meant by closure! A wedding! Sure, why not? Maybe the next book! It was way too early for that to happen in this one...
Frequent Contributor
Stars_n_Shamrocks
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

I think the relationships are important and will play a significant role in the final installment. Love is why Harry is alive in the first place. It is in those relationships that he sees around him, not just the one that he is/isn't in that I think will help him understand the power that has protected him. Do I think that things are over between Harry and Ginny? No, not by a long shot. Will the dynamic change between HRH? Possibly. But since when in any world has navigating relationships been easy? Harry knows that his friends will stand beside him to the end. I think in some way he will give himself up in the end to protect them, that may be why he was trying to end things with Ginny at the end of the HPB.

Again, I think the relationship are important - They may also serve as another point of contrast between Harry and Voldermort. Harry has the ability to care for others, while Voldermort seemingly cares about no one and is only concerned with acquiring power. I think I've about run dry for one night...

Cheers!
-The Leprechaun
Patiently waiting for the Return of Brian Boru and Finn MacCool
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

This might be totally out there but what about Draco and Pansy? As soe of you may know I lovveee Drco. But I've had this feeling lately that he cares more for pansy then he lets on. i mean he doesn't really know how to show he cares. Like when he warned the trio to hide Hermione at the Quidditch Cup..sure he was rude about it but he kind of saved her neck. I think that's what's going on with Pansy... she is after all the only one who really cares for him isn't she?
~*~it's the unknow we fear when we look upon death and darkness~*~
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

As for the idea of Ron and hermione having a son... (chuckles as the distant roars of millions of shippers reach my ears, all cursing me to an eternity of unsatisfied curiosity)."


[That's from JKRowling.com , that's what I keep talking about. I know it's like a joke but you know she means SOMETHING by it.]
~*~it's the unknow we fear when we look upon death and darkness~*~
Contributor
KickedAbyss
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

Alas, I've stumbled onto an area of great speculation.

First and foremost, I whole heartedly agree with all prior posters agreeing that JK has hinted over and over that Love is important. Beyond that, let's look at some... Interesting things...

Most of this stems from some FanFic I've been reading, and 90% of SHippers out there agree on a continuation of Harry/Ginny.

Point 1: Harry/Ginny = James/Lilly. Book 1 Page 208: "She had dark red hair... Tall, thin black-haired man standing next to her" the two descriptions of Lilly/James that we have. Though Ginny does not have green eyes, you cannot deny that it seems odd how similar they are to his parents. Almost as if they were made for each other. Indeed in the fanfic I read, Ginny/Harry attend Church one day, causing a woman to faint who had thought at first glance, that it was James/Lilly. What this shows me, is that JK meant them to be together. Personal Opinion, no real backing beyond that.

Point 2: Book 6 page 97 Harry to Ron/Hermione "The Prophet's got it right... it looks like I'm the one who's got to finish off Voldemort. . . . At least, it said neither of us could live while the other survives." Notice that he realizes even here that one has to die, but not necessarily by the others hand. That having been said, it's clear Voldermort wants to kill Harry himself, Snape to Deatheaters "Potter belongs to the Dark Lord - we are to leave him!" page 603. But who can kill Voldermort........

Ginny?

Oh she's a powerful witch... and could not love inspire the most desperate of acts? Page 147 book 6 Sluggy to Blaise "You want to be careful, Blaise! I saw [Ginny] preform the most marvelous ... I wouldn't cross her!"

To me that speaks volumes, and of course that sentiment is mirrored throughout the 5th and 6th book. George to Harry: "Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny."
"What d' you mean?" said Harry.
You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?" Book 5 page 100

IN conclusion, The Potters... They were ones who had "Thrice Defied him" - will there be a new pair of Potters to trouble Voldermort again?

This avid HP Fan thinks so.


"Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn't it?" -- Rand Al'Thor

Contributor
KickedAbyss
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

And because for some reason I cannot figure out where I click to edit...

JK has said: The fact that Ginny is the first girl to be born into the Weasley family in generations is meant to indicate that Ginny will be a very gifted witch. [Read the entire quote from the Leaky Cauldron, 2005]

Also note: 7th Weasley - Magical Numbbbbeeerrr


"Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn't it?" -- Rand Al'Thor

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

In addition to the physical resemblance which Ginny has to Lily which KickedAbyss mentions, Ginny also seems to share Lily's ability to befriend the friendless, as demonstrated by her friendship with Luna. She has a very big heart.
Frequent Contributor
Ladybuglver8115
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎03-21-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

I have not previously thought about the Ginny=Lily possibility. I like it, I think that Harry would whether conciously or not want a girl that was like his mother especially after what he saw in the pensive however I think because of that same incident Harry is trying very hard not to be James. I think that the relationships will be the key to destroying LV because when you look at it they are what caused his downfall in the first place. Many people were killed or harmed in couples, the Longbottoms and Potters to name a few. But had Lily and James not married and had Harry LV would not have fallen.
Frequent Contributor
gniff
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-08-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

Love is in the air.

Well, yes. And it fits naturally in the story's milieu, and it is appropriate to the plot. But what does it do for the plot (including the backstory) and how does it fit with the major themes of the story? I don't think that JKR would have spent so much space on it if there were not at least some clues to be planted there.
__________________________________________
... and then you just have to play algebra ...
Frequent Contributor
amberluvsron
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎07-12-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

I hope there is enough room for the relationships in the book. So much will be going on. She has given too many clues, especially for Hermione and Ron, not to have something happen.
Frequent Contributor
midnite_writer
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air



Kimberlh wrote:

rkubie wrote:
Harry and Ginny finally blossom into real a romance. Ron finally gets a girlfriend and the romantic tensions between him and Hermione are at their peak. Fleur and Bill are ready to tie the knot, and Fleur finally gains the respect of Bill’s family after his attack. What do you make of the love relationships we watch here--and do these romances play any part in your expectations of the final book? Are you too wrapped up in the final showdown to care?





I have to wonder if Ginny will end up pregnant by Harry so that Harry can die in book 7 ending his story but that will leave an opening for the story to continue at some point as a new story.






Try explaining that to Mrs. Weasley, Ron, or any other member of the Weasley family.
*-*-*-*-*-*-
The Magic of the Harry Potter series will never die, as long as the books are on our shelves and the characters stay in our hearts.
Frequent Contributor
joce14
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎07-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air

I think Harry and Ginny should stay together and Ron and Hermione should at least try to go out because it is pretty obious that they like each other.Remus and Tonks get together in the 6th book and I think they will be together for a while.
Jocelyn
Frequent Contributor
Tonks07
Posts: 87
Registered: ‎07-13-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Love is in the Air



adribetty394 wrote:
This might be totally out there but what about Draco and Pansy? As soe of you may know I lovveee Drco. But I've had this feeling lately that he cares more for pansy then he lets on. i mean he doesn't really know how to show he cares. Like when he warned the trio to hide Hermione at the Quidditch Cup..sure he was rude about it but he kind of saved her neck. I think that's what's going on with Pansy... she is after all the only one who really cares for him isn't she?





Well from a psychological angle Draco has been emotionaly messed up since well birth i mean his parents ar't the most caring in the world eh? But i do belive there is a spark of decency in him. I though for a while he actualy was a bit smitten with Hermoniey actualy but showed it with hostility because he would be going against the 'pure blood' code plus, well also for the reason that the girl that boys like early on in shool they tend to be the ones the pick on.

Also remember that Draco approced Harry hoping they would be friends at first, intill Harry stuck up for ron which Draco probably was hurt by not being included in harrys circle of friends. By the way on a similer line of thought what if Draco had sat in Harry compartment on the train instead of Ron, Ron woudn't have had the oppertunity or disire to warn harry abotu sylthern and then harry would have gone where the hat sent him and 'vola whole new story...

anyways back to love Harry/Ginny Ron/Herminey Hagrad/lady half giant woman Tonks/Remus Bill/Flur Luna/Nevelle maybe Pansy/Draco unless Ron gets killed then Draco/Herminey hehe oh and they all live happily every after :smileyhappy: