Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher

Re: Most Annoying character

Dr_Watson wrote:

Rita Skeeter, by far. 

Although to be fair, I have a bit of a prejudice against journalists to begin with, so that might have influenced me slightly.

LOL! Are you by any chance in real life Sarah Palin or Christine O'Donnell?

Contributor
Dr_Watson

[ Edited ]

Haha, nope, but now that I'm thinking about it, federal politics is just another illustration of why the journalistic stock is not going to be rising in my eyes anytime soon!

New User
Cassie91

I think that Ron is the most annoying character!! In the fifth book he liked Hermione but he acted like he didn't and was mean to her! Which really annoyed me!!!

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm

Lavander Brown... Argh. kissing on my Won Won. lol 

I also think Percy is annoying, Too many mood swings. but glad he changed in the end. A lil too late for me to like him though. 

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Contributor
tikanique

the most annoying character to me would have to be Lavendar Brown.  But I did feel bad for her when Ron called out Hermione while he was unconscious in the hospital.  that had to hurt. 

New User
Chuck37

Definitely Filch.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

[ Edited ]

Neville was annoying in the first book. He almost got Harry, Ron, and Heroine caught by Filch in the Trophy room.

Hermione can prove annoying like in the third book when Harry received a Firebolt anonymously she told McGonnagal her suspicions.

I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a laurel.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

[ Edited ]

Umbridge made me sick when she made Harry write in his own hand with the magical quill in the 5th book.

Dobby seemed pretty annoying in the second book. He kept on trying to hurt Harry very badly and keep him from going to Hogwarts.

Malfoy needs to stop being mean and start shutting up.

Peter Pettigrew disgusts me. It annoys me when I know he betrayed Harry's parents to save his own rotten skin.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Dan21 wrote:

Umbridge made me sick when she made Harry write in his own hand with the magical quill in the 5th book.

Dobby seemed pretty annoying in the second book. He kept on trying to hurt Harry very badly and keep him from going to Hogwarts.

Malfoy needs to stop being mean and start shutting up.

Peter Pettigrew disgusts me. It annoys me when I know he betrayed Harry's parents to save his own rotten skin.

ok