Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

NOOK Hogwarts Wallpaper

Hey everyone!!

Check out this link on nook-look.com for a hogwarts wallpaper for your NOOK

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Hogwarts Wallpaper

Nice.  Very understated.  I wonder, though, if it will run into copyright problems in the near future.  

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

I am sure it will!

- JJ

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Knowing how fiercely JKR protect$ what $he $ee$ as her property, even from folk$ $tanding on public $idewalk$, I'm $ure B&N has the proper licen$e$, or whatever. And I'm $ure it co$t them plenty, all profit$ going to her favorite charity, of cour$e.

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

I am sure B&N would however nook-look isn't owned by B&N.  All wallpapers are uploaed by users so I am sure sooner or later this website will get in trouble due to copyright infringement!

- JJ

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

I'm $ure $he'll do her be$t to $ue whomever or whatever, whenever $he can.  And if $he can't, I wouldn't be $urprised it she re$ponded with a $tatement $omething to the effect of, "Ju$t for that, I won't write any more Harry Potter book$ ever again! 

Won't!  WOn't!!  WON't!!!  WON'T!!!! 

:smileywink:

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

ROFL :smileyhappy:

- JJ

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Were the house crests in any of the books?  If not, then it is Warner Brothers who owns the copyrights to those designs, and they would then be the ones to sue, right?

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

You know, I don't think they were.  Depends on how the contracts are worded, but as I recall WB had no part in the Lexicon Trial.  Don't know if they were involved in any of the others, tho. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Actually, I believe that WB was a major player in that lawsuit.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/713531/harry_potter_lexicon_has_rowling_warner.html?cat=9

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

If I recall, WB was named for some legal reason, but they were not active.  They just "sat by" while JKR and her lawyers  did their thing.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There was no "sitting by".  There was only one team of lawyers for the Plaintiffs - that team represented both WB and JKR.

Perhaps Warner Brothers was named because in a separate suit, RDR books had tried to sue WB for copyright infringement of Vanderark when they put a Hogwarts Timeline in one of the DVD's.  RDR books was claiming that Vanderark owned the copyright of the Timeline.  It was darn nervy of them!