Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Re: OFF TOPIC Cafe: "The Pensieve"

I'd heard of it but never knew it was cruel.  I  thought the cow was just able to get up and walk away.  Thanks for the info.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote, in part:

"Death penalty for all persons convicted of cow tipping. "

Look at Mollywobbles!  She's not even here yet and she's already a proponent of capital punishment!

:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I got my Laurels back :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Look at Mollywobbles!  She's not even here yet and she's already a proponent of capital punishment!

LOL! Way to be American, Molly! Keep talking like that and you may be able to run for President someday.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher

Kat-NE wrote:

I got my Laurels back :smileyvery-happy:

And I gave you another for your troubles (shakes fist at Barnes and Noble's cyber bigwigs).

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Jules934 wrote:

I'd heard of it but never knew it was cruel.  I  thought the cow was just able to get up and walk away.  Thanks for the info.

Nah the only safe way to get a cow on it's side is to have them kneel forward and slowly roll them that way. Gives them adjustment time.

Oh don't try tipping a buffalo, they have no problem with it, but it will piss them off.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Actually, I wasn't considering tipping either one of those creatures.  but thanks for the info.  Never know when it will come in handy, esp since I spend a lot of time driving thru Wisconsin.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Jules934 wrote:

Actually, I wasn't considering tipping either one of those creatures.  but thanks for the info.  Never know when it will come in handy, esp since I spend a lot of time driving thru Wisconsin.

(chuckles) Watched an idiot try to tip a buffalo once, resembled the running of the bulls really quickly. Whole herd wanted to kick his butt.

Also if you have cause to need to walk through a herd of them; slow steady pace, talk softly and evenly. Kind animals but they don't like loud sharp noises, nor being messed around with.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Nah the only safe way to get a cow on it's side is to have them kneel forward and slowly roll them that way. Gives them adjustment time.

Oh don't try tipping a buffalo, they have no problem with it, but it will piss them off.

:smileyvery-happy:!!!

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Thanks, KT!  You can have one too.  I never get to hand them out!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

May I inquire how you came on your extensive knowledge of bovine temperament/physiology?

I imagine while walking thru a herd, one should watch one's step.  Also, I have heard that one can't rollerskate/blade in a buffalo herd.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Jules934 wrote:

May I inquire how you came on your extensive knowledge of bovine temperament/physiology?

I imagine while walking thru a herd, one should watch one's step.  Also, I have heard that one can't rollerskate/blade in a buffalo herd.

I'm city kid from a rural county. Got dragged out to a farm a least once a month growing up. The knowlege of milking cow and goats, churning butter, egg collection, herding cattle and herd manners on foot, ect...; were all considered need to know skills.

(chuckle) I want to see someone try to skate anything across a field.:smileytongue:

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Okay Jules, my memory banks are failng me.  Who sang "you can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd"?  Roger Miller?
Jules934 wrote:

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Well, I'm just getting in training, after all!  You know I'm just fooling witchya!  First thing I'm gonna do is git me a tiny little gun, just something to keep in the bedside table ya know. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I don't think I'll ever be running for president, (presidentress)?

That doesn't mean I won't ride a hobbyhorse or two-perhaps tilt at a few windmills-I don't like this cow tipping thing.  Truly I thought it was just some wonky T-shirt slogan.  They are all over the airport in Columbus.  I think my new stepdaughter has one.  OOPs, shrunk in the wash, too bad, threw it out.  Here, have a Peace, Love, Tranquility  Tshirt instead. 

BTW  - kids have no bottoms to their stomachs-did you know?  Perhaps like cows, they have two.  I know you all will laugh, Molly Weasley knows all this stuff, but Mollywobbles doesn't.  There is just no end to appetites.  When I'm here in Canada by myself, the birds get the tail end of one loaf of bread a week.  In Ohio (round on the ends and HI in the middle)  I buy three loaves and it's iffy that we'll make it to the end of the week.  Help!  They're only 14 and 10.  I have a feeling it's going to get worse.

More galleons are needed or the ability to magic food.  Somebody's law (golpots?) said you couldn't do that, so more galleons, I guess. 

Kreacherteacher wrote:

Psychee wrote:

LOL! Way to be American, Molly! Keep talking like that and you may be able to run for President someday.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Who sang You can't rollerskate~~~~~~  Roger Williams sounds good, but Tennessee Ernie Ford comes to mind??????

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:

Well, I'm just getting in training, after all!  You know I'm just fooling witchya!  First thing I'm gonna do is git me a tiny little gun, just something to keep in the bedside table ya know. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I don't think I'll ever be running for president, (presidentress)?

That doesn't mean I won't ride a hobbyhorse or two-perhaps tilt at a few windmills-I don't like this cow tipping thing.  Truly I thought it was just some wonky T-shirt slogan.  They are all over the airport in Columbus.  I think my new stepdaughter has one.  OOPs, shrunk in the wash, too bad, threw it out.  Here, have a Peace, Love, Tranquility  Tshirt instead. 

BTW  - kids have no bottoms to their stomachs-did you know?  Perhaps like cows, they have two.  I know you all will laugh, Molly Weasley knows all this stuff, but Mollywobbles doesn't.  There is just no end to appetites.  When I'm here in Canada by myself, the birds get the tail end of one loaf of bread a week.  In Ohio (round on the ends and HI in the middle)  I buy three loaves and it's iffy that we'll make it to the end of the week.  Help!  They're only 14 and 10.  I have a feeling it's going to get worse.

More galleons are needed or the ability to magic food.  Somebody's law (golpots?) said you couldn't do that, so more galleons, I guess. 

Kreacherteacher wrote:

Psychee wrote:

Only 3 loaves? And don't even think a gallon of milk a week will do you! :smileywink: Wait till they're 16 and all stomach.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

LOL! Ohio is a red state (largely Republican). Guns are perfectly accepted there, if not required.

Mollywobbles wrote:

Kreacherteacher wrote:

Psychee wrote:

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

You can't make food from nothing using magic, but you can increase the quantity of that which you already have, and you can change what you have into something else.  So, you have a choice at the end of the week -- you can increase the little bread you have into more, or you can transfigure that relish that has been in the back of the fridge for ten years into bread. 

Teenagers DO eat a lot.  I remember an incident when my family was on a road trip many years ago when I was a teen.  My dad and mum had three kids, aged 10 to 16.  We were starving at about noon and my dad stopped at a place that turned out not to be open at lunch.  Somehow he convinced the owners to open up just for us, and he even went in the kitchen to help out with the cooking.  We kids ate three BLT sandwiches EACH, to the amazement of the owner of the place. 

I also recall my mum coming home from the local farmer's market laden with about 25 pounds of fruit, which was entirely eaten by the next day! 

Today, if I ever ate like that, I'd weigh over 300 pounds!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Also, (you'll notice this soon) the more they eat, the more their feet grow.  Especially boys!  Pretty soon you need a bigger house just for their feet.  And bigger beds just to keep their shoes under them!

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

I thought their feet grew first, then you had to fill those feet with food until the rest of them grew up!  :smileyhappy: