Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Re: OFF TOPIC Cafe: "The Pensieve"

TiggerBear wrote:

If anyone watches the travel channel. The next Burt the Concurer episode for the first half is going to be the Harry Potter park. It's good show, the host has a wonderful enthusiasm.

(bonks own head) Sorry that's Sunday at 9pm.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Cool, thanks for the info, TB!

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Does anyone know anything about JK writing books 8 and 9? or is that just a rumor that going around?

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Anyone catch Dancing with the Stars last nite?  One of the couples did a Hogwarts version of the Vienniese Waltz to the opening theme of the early movies. 

Fantastic! 

Then the GOG (Grumpy Old Goat) judge objected to its lack of "classical appeal".   The Other judges disagreed with him and he vanished.  (Well not quite, but the exchange was spirited.)

ROTFLMAO

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh, I am sure that is just a rumor. She is working on an HP encyclopedia as well as another book that is completely unrelated to Harry Potter. So sorry to be bearer of bad news, but no more HP books, I'm afraid.

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

:smileysad:  awe...

Do we have any news as to what she is writing in the encyclopedia? Is it just a run through of all the characters and stuff?

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Has anyone ever seen a couple of times on TV that every once in a while that there would be some snide rude comments about Harry Potter?

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

yea i have.

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
Distinguished Correspondent
dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

ya and i hate it when people say harry pothead i JUST HATE THAT GRRRRR

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

yea that, and then they make fun of dumbldore... haha they all no im a harry potter nerd now cuz i had just finished the sixth book and they made fun of dumbledore and i got all teary eyed... haha wow that was a horrible day!

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

o man so what were they sayin i have never heard anyone make fun of dumbledore

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Wordsmith
Sheripie55

stuff about being happy he dies and anything else to make me cry:'( haha that's why they were doing it. so rude!!! haha but it was pretty funny

dobys_girl_55

omg i would probably smack down!

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

my brother and sister were teasing me and making fun of harry potter. I have to give them credit, even tho its irritating after a while, this one was funny:

Harry Pothead and the Chamber of Weed....

its best to just laugh it off haha that one wasn't to hard to laugh off. but when they started making fun of dobby i almost cried, which caused them to make fun of him more. i couldn't help but get teary when i think of dobby in his lil shoes that are way to big for him. has anyone else noticed how adorable he is in those???? its just so sad imagining him dieing again. :'( I use to get really up set when people made fun of dumbledore, but they got bored of that quickly cuz it didn't affect me. it doesn't effect me much anymore after hearing about the stupid actor who plays him. he completely ruined my image of dumbledore!!!!! Gosh he ruined the whole thing, im so angry with him. if only i could meet him someday and tell him that he needs to read the books before he goes off and tries acting the part. and then not brag about it because there wasnt anything to brag about... he sucked!!! so ya somehow im not effected to much. it might also be because we get to see him at the end of the movie and read about him in the end of the book, but dobby we cant!!! and im really not to excited to see dumbledore (the actor, i was excited in the book) but i am anxious to see how he plays the part. i wanna see if he messes this up too! ugh is there anyway of getting ahold of him? like an email or anything? o how i would love to tell him to read the books.... o yes then he would probably be a so much better dumbledore! X( ooo now im all mad cuz im talking about that stupid actor again...... and sorry if this offends anyone who likes that actor, if anyone can like that actor.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Harry Pothead and the Chamber of Weed! lol:smileyvery-happy:

How about....Harry Pothead and the Order of Heroine! sorry it's not that funny, I'm bad at making jokes! Whenever my sister reads Hermione's name she pronounces it Heroine 'cause she thinks it's funny. How horrible!!!!!!!:smileymad:

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

haha i think your jokes funny :smileyvery-happy: your not bad! I on the other hand, can not come up with a joke worth my life hahaha

dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

lol that is pretty funny actually dan21.  have you ever seen that puppet show they made for harry potter?.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

I have seen the Potter puppet pals if that's what your talking about. There's also a Harry Potter Literal trailer made by this hilarious guy named Toby or Tobuscus on youtube!

dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

Huh, I'll have to check that out. Haven't heard of it til now. 

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Jack Russel Terrier

S'one was wondering what a JRT was.  Well, here's one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=P9Fyey4D5hg