Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: OFF TOPIC Cafe: "The Pensieve"

Yes; there are definitely changes happening now, Molly and Psychee--I can see them now, too.  Hopefully, things will settle down soon!  Thanks for your patience!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

I am gone for a little while and everything changes. Now I have to get used to all the new stuff.

LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hints Psychee.  I re-bookmarked and it seems to work, whereas the old one just doesn't work.

As to why the changes are only getting to me now...well, this IS Canada :smileywink: 

More changes today from the last time I logged in too, I have to hunt for the quote post and other buttons.  Oh well, no doubt I'll get used to it.

Psychee wrote:

Your bookmark will work if you are already logged in.  If it is the first place you are going to, though, or have timed out on your last session, you will be redirected to the main page where you then have to log in, wait for the page to refresh, and then find the bookclub again.  It is much more tedious than it was in the past when we were automatically logged in.

This has been going on for months for me, Mollywobbles.  I don't know why the change has just reached you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Thanks Connie,  I'll get used to the changes.  Psychee's hints about the login button were spot on. I'm not sure about adding smiley faces yet-I tried the much faster keystoke, and got an invalid HMTL message-have to keep playing with that one.

ConnieK wrote:

Yes; there are definitely changes happening now, Molly and Psychee--I can see them now, too.  Hopefully, things will settle down soon!  Thanks for your patience!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:

Thanks Connie,  I'll get used to the changes.  Psychee's hints about the login button were spot on. I'm not sure about adding smiley faces yet-I tried the much faster keystoke, and got an invalid HMTL message-have to keep playing with that one.

ConnieK wrote:

I'm noticing things seem to get a little better each day, Molly.  Pretty soon, this will all feel "normal" to us again--I hope!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Testing.... Board acting funny... acts like I'm not logged in.... no "new messages" column...  trying to post to see if the system will let me.  Interesting... as soon as I  clicked on "reply" the system recognized me again! 

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Where, oh where have our avatqrs gone?  Oh where , oh where can they be...........

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Jules934 wrote:

Where, oh where have our avatqrs gone?  Oh where , oh where can they be...........

"They are presently stored

In the Maintenance Realm.

To be freed when the board

Is all clean!  "

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Is the Maintenance Realm a nice place?  Or is it like Askaban?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

No one really knows what the Maintenance Realm is really like, but some have conjectured that it is like being in a sterile environment on a UFO ship with a bunch of nerdy looking aliens keeping them all in line in binary order.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

It is a very nice place. There are shelving units all around and there is no musty smell like in most maintenance realms.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Are there cupcakes and Scooby Snacks?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles, I have now lost my adjective and am no longer "Distinguished" or even a "Correspondent".  Today they are calling me a "Wordsmith".   Do you think that's a euphemism for a "Chatty Cathy"?   :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Connie, is there any chance that you could un-anchor the old OFF Topic thread so that it falls back to page 2?  I keep clicking on it by mistake!

Also, after experiencing much rudeness on another B & N board, I just want to thank you profusely for doing such a great job at keeping our little community here so enjoyable and respectful of one another.   One never fully appreciates what one has until it is no longer there, I guess!  A good moderator makes all the difference in the world!   Two thumbs up for you!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Mollywobbles, I have now lost my adjective and am no longer "Distinguished" or even a "Correspondent".  Today they are calling me a "Wordsmith".   Do you think that's a euphemism for a "Chatty Cathy"?   :smileyhappy:

If I may jump in here, ... For what it's worth, at the cube farm where I come from "wordsmith" means too many people  sitting around a 12' conference table, trying to come to agreement on the exact wording of the department's Mission Statement, or document they think is vitally important, but which no one else will ever take seriously, much less read.  Dilbert followers will understand immediately. 

"Wordsmiths" can be identified by their tendency to attempt to clarify a sentence by making it longer.

I doubt that that is what B&N intended.

:smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Psychee wrote:

Also, after experiencing much rudeness on another B & N board, I just want to thank you profusely for doing such a great job at keeping our little community here so enjoyable and respectful of one another.   One never fully appreciates what one has until it is no longer there, I guess!  A good moderator makes all the difference in the world!   Two thumbs up for you!

That's too bad, Psychee. Sorry people feel the need to be rude, and especially to you as you help everyone all the time. Perhaps a few of us could run a stealth mission to that board and drop a few close but not quite unforgivable curses. Anyone else game?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's too bad, Psychee. Sorry people feel the need to be rude, and especially to you as you help everyone all the time. Perhaps a few of us could run a stealth mission to that board and drop a few close but not quite unforgivable curses. Anyone else game?

I'm in!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Sure.  What's the plan?

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Jules934 wrote:

"They are presently stored

In the Maintenance Realm.

To be freed when the board

Is all clean!  "

Psychee.  Look!  They're back.  such as they are, they  have returned.  Oh the Joy when the Lost is Found.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kreacherteacher wrote:

Psychee wrote:

Well, bless your heart! (You, too TB!)   (Added - and you, too, Jules!)    I'd be really careful, though. Based upon how my neck feels after one of these encounters, it seems like I'm being attacked by a female form of Fenrir Greyback over there who is uber-protected by .... hmmm -- maybe Tiggerbear can come up with the right character for the "protector"?  I'm thinking along the lines of Wormtail...    :smileyhappy: