Contributor
snapehater19
0 Kudos

Re: Questions left unanswered?

I have a few to add on...

What specifically happened to Kreacher?

How did Lupin and Tonks die? Were they able to say good bye? Did it have that Romeo and Juliet flair to it? Who will watch after thier son?

where does their son Teddy live when he is not eating dinner at the potters?

Where does Harry Ginny Hermione Ron work after the downfall of Voldy?

How does George cope with Fred's death? I loved those two as a team! Does he continue to run thier business in his memory or does he give it up all together?(why couldn't Percy die instead?)How did the rest of the Weasley's cope with the death as well? What are they up to? Did Arthur ever get over that Muggle fascination?

Where is Hagrid and what is he doing? I am not sure all together whether or not he survived.

Who is the headmaster at Hogwarts? Did DD tomb get fixed? Were the other order members buried there as well?

Is there still any defense against the dark arts ?

What is Draco Malfoy and his family doing?

Are Harry Ron Hermione Ginny still close to one another or have the 19 years seperated them to just being friendly with one another?

Do Bill and Fleur have any kids?

So many things left unsaid,

I personally think that JKR should write a small story on what happened, in detail, in those 19 years. I know that there may be no Voldy Harry action but still I mean come on it would be really nice to have a celebration that isn't destroyed by a seen of death eaters crashing everything!
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

It occurs to me that knowing Hogwarts is up and running just fine can probably give some safe assumptions about some of the remaining questions readers have. Hagrid and Prof. McGonagall, for example, it might be safe to assume, are still working there as we first met them way back in Book 1 (unless they've since retired! :smileywink: ).

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
snapehater19
0 Kudos

Draco was the master of the wand because Draco is the one who said Expelliarmus(SPL?)And cost DD his chance to fight/unfreeze Harry. He intended Snape to be the master but it just didn't work that way probably for the better because if Snape was indeed the master of the Elder wand then VOldy would have gotten it when he killed Snape. I still don't like Snape just because he was always evil to Harry and he may have loved Lily but he was such a git to everyone else proving Lily's theory he is mean! Perhaps Snape is bitter to Harry because he wishes that he was his son?
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

I still think that Hagrid and McGon hooked up in the end :smileyhappy: . We can make certain assumptions, and she gave us room to use our imaginations in the end, because just saying "Harry went on to be an Auror, and died at the age of 59" would be boring.
Contributor
MikeNM
0 Kudos

Was Umbridge under the control of the Horcrux? Was that why she was so evil?

Who raised Teddy after Lupin and Tonks died? Why didn't Harry do that since he was the Godfather?

What ever happened with the Dursleys?

What happened to Luna? And what about her dad?

Did George Weasley continue making magical prank stuff after Fred died?
New User
Gryffin
0 Kudos

halfscripts wrote:
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. It was insinuated in the epilogue that Teddy had never lived with the Potter family, but... wasn't Harry Teddy's godfather? When Tonks and Lupin died, Harry was of age and out of school, so wouldn't he automatically get custody of Teddy? Or did he go back to Hogwarts to finish, go on to become an Auror? If that was the case, WHO got custody of Teddy?

Andromeda raised Teddy. When Tonks arrives at the ROR, she says her mom is taking care of baby Teddy. I think she would raise her grandson (especially since she's lost her husband and daughter) and encourage Harry's participation in his life (dinner 4 times a week).
Contributor
casstrot
0 Kudos

Gryffin wrote:

halfscripts wrote:
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. It was insinuated in the epilogue that Teddy had never lived with the Potter family, but... wasn't Harry Teddy's godfather? When Tonks and Lupin died, Harry was of age and out of school, so wouldn't he automatically get custody of Teddy? Or did he go back to Hogwarts to finish, go on to become an Auror? If that was the case, WHO got custody of Teddy?

Andromeda raised Teddy. When Tonks arrives at the ROR, she says her mom is taking care of baby Teddy. I think she would raise her grandson (especially since she's lost her husband and daughter) and encourage Harry's participation in his life (dinner 4 times a week).

This is what I figured also. And, this may of already been adressed, but I didn't go through and read all the threads. I am working on my re-read of DH and I realized that some thought maybe Ted was the one who did magic under pressure, but it could not have been him because he was a wizard not a muggle. On p. 10 Bellatrix says how they have not set eyes on Andromeda since she married the Mudblood.
Contributor
casstrot
0 Kudos

snapehater19 wrote:
I have a few to add on...

What specifically happened to Kreacher?

How did Lupin and Tonks die? Were they able to say good bye? Did it have that Romeo and Juliet flair to it? Who will watch after thier son?

where does their son Teddy live when he is not eating dinner at the potters?

Where does Harry Ginny Hermione Ron work after the downfall of Voldy?

How does George cope with Fred's death? I loved those two as a team! Does he continue to run thier business in his memory or does he give it up all together?(why couldn't Percy die instead?)How did the rest of the Weasley's cope with the death as well? What are they up to? Did Arthur ever get over that Muggle fascination?

Where is Hagrid and what is he doing? I am not sure all together whether or not he survived.

Who is the headmaster at Hogwarts? Did DD tomb get fixed? Were the other order members buried there as well?

Is there still any defense against the dark arts ?

What is Draco Malfoy and his family doing?

Are Harry Ron Hermione Ginny still close to one another or have the 19 years seperated them to just being friendly with one another?

Do Bill and Fleur have any kids?

So many things left unsaid,

I personally think that JKR should write a small story on what happened, in detail, in those 19 years. I know that there may be no Voldy Harry action but still I mean come on it would be really nice to have a celebration that isn't destroyed by a seen of death eaters crashing everything!

I too think it would be nice for JKR to write a bit more about the 19 years later, I was disappointed in the epilogue. As far as some of your questions go:
I would assume Kreacher either kept working at Hogwarts where Harry had put him previously, or now since Harry is of age and got his own house he went to work for Harry (I think the latter is more likely).
I assume Andromeda, Dora's mother, is who Teddy was raised by, but he had close contact with Harry.
I also would like to know what career paths they chose and what happened to Fred.
I don't have any doubts about Hagrid living, but I wish he had shown up at the train station in the end.
I think there would still be Defense Against the Dark Arts because there would still be dark wizards, and there could still be dark wizards in the future, just probably none near as powerful as Voldemort.
I also wondered about the Malfoys, like did Lucius end up arrested for good finally?
I'd think the foursome are still close seeing as how they are pretty much all related. They probably don't see each other everyday, but close enough.
And as far as Bill and Fleur go, I think those that guessed that Victoire is theirs would be right, it's a French name and she would be a little younger than Teddy so they would have grown up together as friends and with their families being so close.
Frequent Contributor
killercactus
0 Kudos

I am very curious to know who the reprieved character was, and who the two characters were that she killed but hadnt intended to in the beginning. My guesses:

Reprieve: George. I think she planned on killing both of the twins, but then decided it would be even more of a heartbreak to just kill one of them. Maybe George was supposed to die in Chapter 4, but just had his ear hacked off instead...

Two Condemned: Lupin and Tonks. They die totally off stage and we have absolutely no idea of how it happened. I think they were supposed to survive originally and raise their little boy, but then JKR decided that it would be more symmetrical to have all of the Marauders dead and have Harry's Godson be an orphan, just like he was.
b-a
Frequent Contributor
b-a
0 Kudos

I thought they took the Invisibility Cloak off on the outskirts of Godric's Hollow, before going to the cemetary where "Bagshot" sees them?

Proper-T wrote:
Hmm, this could be totally wrong, but since it turns out Harry was part Horcrux, maybe Nagini didn't see Harry but sense him... he sensed Voldermort in Harry.

Which then brings me to why Voldy couldn't see Harry... I haven't the slightest idea... we know Voldy thinks he would be able to tell if his Horcruxes were destroyed, but he can't. And since Harry was a Horcrux, maybe the only way he could now sense Harry without physically seeing him was through the mind link, keeping Harry thoroughly invisible under that 'special' cloak...

Or Voldy just really wasn't paying attention... he seemed to be a bit a bit agitated, didn't he? Lol :smileyvery-happy:

Psychee wrote:
How was the snake inside of Bagshot able to see Harry under the invisibility cloak if Voldemort himself could not see Harry under the cloak at the finale?

New User
Toner
0 Kudos

Nearly the second post in this thread said that Harry didn't get out much because of the looks he was getting at the train station. That's the wrong interpretation of the situation. No matter how out and about Harry is, these kids are from all over England and have probably only ever seen him in person at this train station, some might even have been looking for him. Could you imagine what it would be like if you saw JKR only a few feet from you, and she's not exactly hiding is she?

Also, DD saw Harry through the invisibility cloak way back in front of the Mirror of Erised in SS/PS, to answer someone's question.

The fact that there are 8 parts of LV's soul confuses me, because there are definately 7 horcruxes, plus LV himself. Weird.

I don't see why people have problems with Neville pulling the sword out of the Sorting Hat, since Harry did it in CoS and it was explained there (true Gryffindor, etc). The sword had to be somewhere before Harry took it out, so why it is unreasonable for Neville just because we know who had it last? It's magic after all!

Everyone keeps asking about people's professions, and whether or not Harry became an Auror. I'd like to think that he went on to become a seeker for a professional Quidditch team in the subsequent time of peace. Hopefully LV drew out all the dark wizards of that time, dropping the demand for Aurors (not to say they're gone forever). And I think you could make a good argument that Harry liked fighting the Dark Arts just as much as he enjoyed playing Quidditch.

As for unanswered questions, where did Fawkes go? I thought he would've shown up somewhere in the book. Also what was the device with the two snakes from OotP that was "in essence divided" that DD took out when Harry saw the attack on Mr. Weasley?

Finally, I think JKR made a mistake. Not one that she overlooked, but I would've preferred if Dobby's and Kreacher's fates were swapped. They left the Black house and Kreacher there with no idea that DEs could be popping in at any time. How could they, especially Hermione, put up with that? I think they made some reference to worrying about summoning Kreacher and having a DE pop up with them, but I'm pretty sure they could've handled it. It would've made a lot more sense then, and be an emotional scene still, if Kreacher turned up at the Malfoy's and saved everyone, sacrificing himself for his new master. And then Dobby could've led the final charge into Hogwarts, having the same impact as Kreacher, and it makes more sense since Dobby was the one who actually worked there and was more familiar with it. In fact, I'm just going to assume that this is how it worked out, because it suits the story and the characters better, IMO.
Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick
0 Kudos

I wonder if Lily/James knew something about Dumbledore's past via Bathilda Bagshot or something and possibly that could be why they didn't choose him as secret keeper? Not that they didn't love him, but maybe they thought Sirius being James best friend was a better choice? I doubt it, but its a possibility I guess.
Contributor
bertie-botts
0 Kudos

Okay, just had a thought, maybe the person doing magic late in life (though not life necessarily) was Ariana, by being the subject of a magical portrait in which she interacts in a magical way. I don't know if this is plausible, but there aren't any obvious candidates out there, are there?

One of my chief unanswered questions, apart from those already brought up, is why were the Horcruxes found in this book so easy to find? In HBP, half the challenge of finding the locket was knowing where to look, but the other half of the challenge was knowing how to retrieve it. With the rest of the Horcruxes, it seemed like the only difficulty was knowing where to look. Internal inconsistency or just a necessary evil to bring the book to a desirable length?
Contributor
emmyann419
0 Kudos

If she wrote another story... maybe it would be more of a romance, neville's, luna's, etc. That way we could get a look at what else happened, but the action wouldn't have to be good v. evil.
Contributor
bertie-botts
0 Kudos

hihi wrote:

joyd wrote:
This has been making me crazy...i just got this out of the accio-quote.org website:

"Do we find out more about James Potters' family history in the next books?
JKR: Yes, you do..."

When??? Who are they? Why don't Grandma and Grandpa Potter ever help or even acknowledge Harry at all??? Weren't they a great wizarding family? Were there no cousins? anyone??

Also, totally parenthetically, wouldn't it have been in the HRH character to use a nickname for voldemort when they found out the trace on the name? So unlike them to use the whole "you know who" thing...call him Riddle, for example.

I think she meant Lily and Harry.

And Peverells.
Frequent Contributor
key555
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Proper-T wrote:
Nope there aren't... and remember that DD told Harry to carry that cloak with him.. do you think it's possible that DD knew even Voldy couldn't see under the cloak either? Hmm...

So doesn't that bring us back to the initial question of why the snake could see him under the cloak? Why would the snake have powers that Voldy didn't?

dont snakes see heat lol so the snake would be able to see harry right?
New User
munkyluv717
0 Kudos

I TOTALLY agree with you. Overall I thought the book was well written, BUT (this may not be a very popular opinion also), I was actually waiting for Harry to die. You know, the tragic hero sort of thing. And is it just me or was Fred's death VERY sudden. I know they were in the middle of a war, but no one seemed to mourn, which goes back to the "how is George coping" thing, you know?

And I dont know if anyone already mentioned this, but what on earth was that small creature/child thing when Harry was laying unconscious and he was talking to Dumbledore. At first I thought it was supposed to be innocence, but everytime JK referred back to it, its presence seem to get uglier and uglier. I thought maybe she was using a metaphor to what happened to T. Riddle or what was happening to Harry???

I thought the ending was so cliche-ish, but I guess because she was trying to teach a lesson to the young readers. Which by now are not young, I'm sorry, but I felt that as of book 4, these were NOT childrens books...

Hope I didn't offend anyone out there by saying that I would have preferred for Harry to die...but I think it would have been better...
New User
missymoo9592
0 Kudos

I think that Victoire is Bill and Fleur's daughter. The kids say that she is their cousin and also that is a french name.
New User
Toner
0 Kudos

One more thing. Someone asked what the foreshadowing was in the PoA movie. I watched it briefly and as soon as I heard the line, I jumped because without even thinking about it I recognized it. During the confrontation in the Shrieking Shack soon after Snape arrives, Sirius tells Snape something along the lines of, "Why don't you just run along and go play with your potion set?" This is clearly an unintentional reference to the Half-Blood Prince.
New User
mlejoy
0 Kudos

here's my burning question throughout all the harry potter books

if they can mend broken bones, re-grow bones, heal snake bites, heal wearwolf slashings, and various other human and magical afflictions...

WHY THE HECK CAN'T THEY FIX THEIR EYES SO THEY DONT NEED TO WEAR GLASSES??? hmmm?? lol