Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: Questions left unanswered?

ABI wrote:
that still doesn't tell us whether or not she died...just "stirring" doesn't sound very promising.

Actually, in this world, it is very promising, because no one (except Harry!) stirs after being hit with the AK curse. Whatever felled her was not therefore lethal.
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

yeah, unless of course what felled her wasn't a curse! Rather, something more physical, like a blow to the head, or something....
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick
0 Kudos

Stirring sounds promising to me. Heck, Harry lost the bones in his arm and got them regrown in one night, I'm sure she'll be fine... I can see her now hiding behind a bush as Ron and Hermione walk down the aisle to be married : ) Hopefully she didn't throw herself at his feet "Won Won, pwease mawwy me instead!"

ABI wrote:
that still doesn't tell us whether or not she died...just "stirring" doesn't sound very promising.

ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

lol, yeah, it's the wizarding world, medicine is a lot more complex.
Frequent Contributor
Glassslipper
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:
I have noticed that when someone says..I wanted to find out about..?
certain posters get quite irked, saying it wasn't necessary to the plot etc. Allow me to preface these questions by saying, I am not upset that the author didn't address my questions; that the author did not promise to answer these questions, and then did not. I simply would like to know what other contributors think about these:

Madam Rosmerta: She is mentioned, or has a role to a greater or lesser extent in books 3-6. The last I recall is Harry teling Minerva that Rosmerta has been imperiused. What happened to her? Who Imperiused her in Book 6? I don't recall her being at Dumbledore's funeral.

Mundungus: What did Dung do that was so bad he got tossed out of a dodgey pub like the Hogshead?

Aberforth: Why is he a bartender, or landlord? I know he was not academicaly inclined like his older brother, but a barkeep? Sure he had that goat thing hanging over his head,but a barkeep? On the subject of Aberforth, we know he and Albus had a falling out after the death of Ariana. But Aberforth was in the original order of the Phoenix. They must have had some kind of a reconciliation. So, was Aberforth a barkeep by preference, or did Albus plant him there as part of a back up plan?

Minerva the magnificent!. It seems that most of the teachers, in the battle of Hogwarts, played to their strengths. Why did Minerva do a charm on the desks, (Charms were Flitwicks strength), rather than transfigure the desks? She could have transfigured the desks into Blast ended Skrewts, dragons, etc. Why a simple charm?

Hermione and Ron went back to the Chamber of Secrets to collect Basilisk fangs, but they never needed them-what was the point of that, other than to show that Ron could remember the Parseltongue commands to open the chamber?

Inquiring minds want to know.

rkubie wrote:
So, do we still have any mysteries to unravel? On any points--minor or major--did JKR leave us hanging?

Rachel

I believe that Ron and Hermoine got the fangs and destroyed the HufflePuff cup and then took the fangs with them to kill the remaining horcruxes.
Avid Book reader
Contributor
Ms_Necole
0 Kudos

Ron & Hermoine got the fangs, but only Hermoine used one to destroy Hufflepuffs cup. At this point the only horcruxes left were Ravenclaw's Diadem, Nagini, and Harry. Ravenclaw's diadem was destroyed by the fiedfire, Neville got Nagini and Voldemort got Harry. So they actually didn't neet to bring the fangs up, but they thought they would use it on remaining horcruxes.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Forgot about the cup/fang. Still, never hurts to have an extra fang in the pantry.

Ms_Necole wrote:
Ron & Hermoine got the fangs, but only Hermoine used one to destroy Hufflepuffs cup. At this point the only horcruxes left were Ravenclaw's Diadem, Nagini, and Harry. Ravenclaw's diadem was destroyed by the fiedfire, Neville got Nagini and Voldemort got Harry. So they actually didn't neet to bring the fangs up, but they thought they would use it on remaining horcruxes.

Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick
0 Kudos

Petunia was supposed to be Harry's only living relative, but as it turns out, Rowling said that Voldemort and Harry were distantly related through the Perevell's. Another thing that wasn't exactly true. I had wondered if Harry and Voldemort were related but since she claimed Petunia was it, I nixed that idea, but I was half right : ) So, really since Voldemort and Harry were related, wouldn't it have been grand if Voldemort had gotten custody of Harry instead of Petunia! : )
Frequent Contributor
gniff
0 Kudos

Well, there's related, and then there's related. If you go back far enough, you will probably find a common ancestor with any person you care to name, or would not care to name. Winston Churchill, Douglas MacArthur, and Franklin D. Roosevelt were cousins of remote (but known) degree, yet you would not ordinary consider them each other's relatives or family.
ABI
0 Kudos

PattyBNUChick wrote:
Petunia was supposed to be Harry's only living relative, but as it turns out, Rowling said that Voldemort and Harry were distantly related through the Perevell's. Another thing that wasn't exactly true. I had wondered if Harry and Voldemort were related but since she claimed Petunia was it, I nixed that idea, but I was half right : ) So, really since Voldemort and Harry were related, wouldn't it have been grand if Voldemort had gotten custody of Harry instead of Petunia! : )

I thought it was strange at first that Harry didn't put th two together and realize he WAS related to LV. But Ithink Jo said somewhere that most wizarding families were distantly related and that this was not at all unusual. Harry and Voldemort were probably REALLY distantly related.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

ABI wrote:

PattyBNUChick wrote:

I thought it was strange at first that Harry didn't put th two together and realize he WAS related to LV. But Ithink Jo said somewhere that most wizarding families were distantly related and that this was not at all unusual. Harry and Voldemort were probably REALLY distantly related.

br>

then if voldemort got custody of harry.. it's like a series of unfortunate events ! boudellaire children (did i get the spelling right?)
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

mrsronaldweasley wrote:
then if voldemort got custody of harry.. it's like a series of unfortunate events ! boudellaire children (did i get the spelling right?)

Yes, it WOULD be like "Unfortunate Events"... :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

well .. voldy would make a good count olaf!haha!
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

voldy would make a good count olaf!haha!
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

mrsronaldweasley wrote:

He certainly made a lot of stupid mistakes just like Olaf did, didn't he? I mean, really, if you had just been knocked unconscious by trying to AK a boy, wouldn't you think TWICE about trying to do it again?

We could have fun with this... turn Voldemort into a comical character...

I was thinking today about the way he smelled... none of his DE's ever told him that he stank, though...

"Lucius... you are not happy that I am in your home?"

"Begging your Dark Lord's pardon, your Evilness, but you don't smell so good..."
Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick
0 Kudos

lol.

Psychee wrote:

mrsronaldweasley wrote:

He certainly made a lot of stupid mistakes just like Olaf did, didn't he? I mean, really, if you had just been knocked unconscious by trying to AK a boy, wouldn't you think TWICE about trying to do it again?

I was thinking today about the way he smelled... none of his DE's ever told him that he stank, though...

"Begging your Dark Lord's pardon, your Evilness, but you don't smell so good..."

ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

PattyBNUChick wrote:
lol.

Psychee wrote:

mrsronaldweasley wrote:

lol! But where again do we learn this? I don't recall... And would YOU tell him he stank if you were a DE???

"Hey, Voldy, ever heard of deodorant?"
*LV flicks wand lazily** "Avada Kedrava."

Yeah, that would go over well...
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

ABI wrote:
lol! But where again do we learn this? I don't recall... And would YOU tell him he stank if you were a DE???

"Hey, Voldy, ever heard of deodorant?"
*LV flicks wand lazily** "Avada Kedrava."

Yeah, that would go over well...

When Voldy was in Quirrell's turban, the turban stank so much that Quirrell had to mask it with garlic... then, later, when Frank went into the mansion where Voldy was hiding, the house smelled like decay...

I think JKR used this to indicate that Voldemort's essence was putrid... in that case, he would smell even after he got his new body.

Would I tell him? No, but I wouldn't be so dumb as to become a DE in the first place! I'm just imagining them dumber for the sake of comedy, like Olaf's minions...
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

There was a thing on Mugglenet called something like "Surefire ways to irritate Voldemort" which had me in stitches... One of them was to refer to Voldemort (within his hearing) as "The Man Who Let The Boy Live"... lol...
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Lol, yeah, I get it. The putrid stink of evil...