Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Rubeus Hagrid

[ Edited ]

Rubeus Hagrid

Monster-loving, Olympe-staring, gentle half-giant.

Any thoughts?

What are your favorite Hagrid moments?

Message Edited by mrsronaldweasley on 03-27-2008 08:37 AM
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

Re: Rubeus Hagrid

well, this applies to both DD and RH. anytime DD says something like 'i trust him with my life', especially when he said it to fudge at one point. and my favorite hagrid quote is-
"Whats coming will come, and we'll just have to meet it when it does."
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

I love Hagrid. He is a really nice guy or half giant i should say. he has the biggest heart, always trying to help others. i love that big guy.:smileyhappy:

LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

I totally agree blink. I was SO glad that Jo didn't kill him off. I would have been very mad at her if she did.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Frequent Contributor
delmerchic72
0 Kudos

Starlet wrote:
I totally agree blink. I was SO glad that Jo didn't kill him off. I would have been very mad at her if she did.

Jeez, I was totally sure he was gonna die in the last book. I don't know why, but something told me he would! Thank goodness he didn't, though. THAT would have been a very wavy page indeed...
'The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others' -Nietzche
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Does anyone see a difference with Hagrid in the book and in the movie?  I felt the movies "dummied up" Hagrid.  Being naive and trusting is not the same as being clueless.  It was something that bothered me.  He's such a noble character.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Actually, the Hagrid in the movie was perfect. We don’t really see Hagrid blow off with anger that much don’t we.  Hagrid, doesn’t know his own power. He is very humble, and for a giant it is totally unexpected. In the books even  students dont really fear Hagrid do they? Hagrid is not a bully and so when someone who looks like a bully turns out not be one, people tend to feed on that and abuse it.  I love Hagrid. From him I learnt ,’ just because you can do something, means you have to do it.’ Hagrid doesn’t use his powers, his strength, his giant blood to intimidate, to  bully, and to abuse. But damn he sure knows how to stand his ground and fight for what he believes in./

(see Hagrid knocking down Karkaroff for spitting at DDs feet)

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Hagrid gave me my favorite new expression -- "Codswallop" -- I love that word!   Every time I hear a politician on TV, I think "Codswallop!"  :smileyhappy:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

He had a few of those kinds of expressions, didn't he, Psychee?  Do you remember any others?

~ConnieK

Psychee wrote:
Hagrid gave me my favorite new expression -- "Codswallop" -- I love that word!   Every time I hear a politician on TV, I think "Codswallop!"  :smileyhappy:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
jamisha12
0 Kudos

he is a tall big person who has a the power to give Harmony and Harry and Ron advice. I love Harry Potter
~ Jamisha R.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

i loved it when Harry and Hermione confessed to Ron, they weren't able to watch the Quidditch match... they explained about Grawp and HArry said to Ron, 'You know how he gets," referring to Hagrid. :smileysurprised:
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

i cant remember why harry wasn't playing. do you mrs. rw?:smileyhappy:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

hprocks2121 wrote:
i cant remember why harry wasn't playing. do you mrs. rw?:smileyhappy:

wasn't that in HBP? if it was, then Harry probably didn't play 'cause he was watching for Malfoy
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Hello girls! :smileysurprised:

I was referring to OOTP, Harry and the twins are banned from playing Quidditch… so Harry and Hermione both had to watch Ron play instead..  the game was just starting and the last thing they saw was Ron letting in one goal for the opponent. Then Hagrid approached them, he thought  the timing was perfect for them to finally see grawp. :smileytongue: remember?

In HBP, Harry want able to play because he earned himself detention every Saturday which included mssing the Quidditch matches,.:smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
Robeena
0 Kudos

Oh I love Hagar -- I mean Hagrid :smileyhappy: , I like him when he can't get a grip of himself and simply -- cry ...  
~ Robeena ~
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

thank you mrs. rw!:smileytongue: now i remember.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Hi hp. I love Hagrid because he’s very honest. He’s probably the most honest character

In the book .. his [personality… he’s very transparent. Aside from my husband Ronald, he has the most realistic characteristics as a person….

Frequent Contributor
jamisha12
0 Kudos

yea i know i love watching it i have all the books and movies about Harry. DO you?
~ Jamisha R.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Hi jamisha! Glad to meet you. Yes yes yes. I do have the books and movies. I rereading the series  for the Nth time and right now I am attempting to read DH again. Unfortunately im really busy nowadays and I don’t have the time to read it til im done. Haha!

Are you rereading the series?

Contributor
socalifgirl
0 Kudos

I love Hagrid!!!