Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Contributor
Hermionefan112
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

No Ron is not going to die I know one of the people who will die. If anyone wants to know send a message to me
Frequent Contributor
amm1
Posts: 702
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley


Hermionefan112 wrote:
No Ron is not going to die I know one of the people who will die. If anyone wants to know send a message to me




My guess is you have read a rumor somewhere. Luckily, there have been no leaks from DH yet so unless someone has forcibly forced information from a very small group of people, no one is privy to such information. Why would anyone want to know anyway?
Frequent Contributor
amm1
Posts: 702
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



DavidC wrote:
I think the saddest Weasley death would be Mrs. Weasley, because she's so not a warrior like Ron or Ginny, and she's the glue for that family. It'd be senseless, and all the more maddening because of that. So on the theory that a great writer aims for the strongest emotions, I'm picking Mrs. Weasley, if anyone from that family dies.




I would be very unhappy to see Molly die. It would be senseless in my book.
B&N Bookseller
Thomas_T
Posts: 793
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

Ooh Ooh I know who is gonna die.. It's gonna be.... *Drum roll* Some of the characters in the book!



amm1 wrote:

Hermionefan112 wrote:
No Ron is not going to die I know one of the people who will die. If anyone wants to know send a message to me




My guess is you have read a rumor somewhere. Luckily, there have been no leaks from DH yet so unless someone has forcibly forced information from a very small group of people, no one is privy to such information. Why would anyone want to know anyway?


"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds Serenity
" To die will be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan
Proud Cupcake Eater in service to the Dark Countess
"Live with Honor, act with Integrity, No Regrets"
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎05-07-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

To narrow it down even more, two characters that JKR originally thought were going to live. Wonder if the other poster has realized we're none to impressed by their claim yet?



ShadowCougar wrote:
Ooh Ooh I know who is gonna die.. It's gonna be.... *Drum roll* Some of the characters in the book!



amm1 wrote:

Hermionefan112 wrote:
No Ron is not going to die I know one of the people who will die. If anyone wants to know send a message to me




My guess is you have read a rumor somewhere. Luckily, there have been no leaks from DH yet so unless someone has forcibly forced information from a very small group of people, no one is privy to such information. Why would anyone want to know anyway?





Frequent Contributor
amm1
Posts: 702
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

[ Edited ]

ShadowCougar wrote:
Ooh Ooh I know who is gonna die.. It's gonna be.... *Drum roll* Some of the characters in the book!



Why must you spoil it for some of us.

Message Edited by amm1 on 07-10-2007 12:17 AM
B&N Bookseller
Thomas_T
Posts: 793
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

I'm evil that way.


amm1 wrote:

ShadowCougar wrote:
Ooh Ooh I know who is gonna die.. It's gonna be.... *Drum roll* Some of the characters in the book!



Why must you spoil it for some of us.

Message Edited by amm1 on 07-10-2007 12:17 AM


"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds Serenity
" To die will be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan
Proud Cupcake Eater in service to the Dark Countess
"Live with Honor, act with Integrity, No Regrets"
New User
LILBIT444
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-10-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

I don't believe that Ron is the one to die I believe that harry and moldermort are the ones that are going to die because J.K. already said that this is the last book and remember it was said that one can't die and the other lives so it's harry and moldermort that's going to die to end the sega.
New User
jodyroy1
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-10-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



allenctynimrod wrote:
LOL that it would in fact, I don't mind an ending that leaves it open to interpretation and the Sopranos had to do that due to the possibility of the movie later if James Gandolfini gets over himself.

I think we'll have to have some form of closure for Harry and company or several of this board's readers (and others) will be ready to committ suicide.


I think if Ron dies or even his brothers I'b be very upset also their sister Jenny, but main charters I'd like to see Malfrod and Voldermont die but if it's sad it probley will be Harry.
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
Posts: 1,053
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



DavidC wrote:
I think the saddest Weasley death would be Mrs. Weasley, because she's so not a warrior like Ron or Ginny, and she's the glue for that family. It'd be senseless, and all the more maddening because of that. So on the theory that a great writer aims for the strongest emotions, I'm picking Mrs. Weasley, if anyone from that family dies.




I wholeheartedly agree that this would be the saddest Weasley death. However, I hesitate to believe that it will happen because of the fact that Harry already lost his own mother. I just don't know if I can see JKR taking away his (sort of) adopted mother, and making Ron and the others suffer the loss of their mother as well. Besides, Molly Weasley is fierce and strong. After all, she raised 7 kids and managed to get through Fred and George without any visible scars. I think she could handle herself well in a fight against some Death Eaters.

So yes, it would make a huge emotional impact, but I'm not sure that's a road JKR wanted to go down.
---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood
Contributor
Hermoninny
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎06-15-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



jodyroy1 wrote:


allenctynimrod wrote:
LOL that it would in fact, I don't mind an ending that leaves it open to interpretation and the Sopranos had to do that due to the possibility of the movie later if James Gandolfini gets over himself.

I think we'll have to have some form of closure for Harry and company or several of this board's readers (and others) will be ready to committ suicide.


I think if Ron dies or even his brothers I'b be very upset also their sister Jenny, but main charters I'd like to see Malfrod and Voldermont die but if it's sad it probley will be Harry.




Do you realize that you've got three out of five of those names wrong?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
Posts: 7,307
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



Hermoninny wrote:
Do you realize that you've got three out of five of those names wrong?




That was a very Hermione-like thing to say, Hermoninny...:smileyhappy: But you might be hurting someone's feelings by saying it... not everyone on the board can spell or type or remember exactly what people's names are, but they are all welcome...
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
Posts: 510
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

You've got to admit though, they're pretty funny to read out loud like that.


Sent a letter in the mail in braille to Johnny Quest
Send me back my Etch-a-Sketch!
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
Posts: 1,053
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

And Europa is covered in ice not mice!



Psychee wrote:
That was a very Hermione-like thing to say, Hermoninny...:smileyhappy: But you might be hurting someone's feelings by saying it... not everyone on the board can spell or type or remember exactly what people's names are, but they are all welcome...


---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood
B&N Bookseller
Thomas_T
Posts: 793
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

They could be white mice standing really still, so we don't relize they are mice and not ice.



kpeterson32 wrote:
And Europa is covered in ice not mice!



Psychee wrote:
That was a very Hermione-like thing to say, Hermoninny...:smileyhappy: But you might be hurting someone's feelings by saying it... not everyone on the board can spell or type or remember exactly what people's names are, but they are all welcome...





"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds Serenity
" To die will be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan
Proud Cupcake Eater in service to the Dark Countess
"Live with Honor, act with Integrity, No Regrets"
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
Posts: 1,053
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

ROFL!!



ShadowCougar wrote:
They could be white mice standing really still, so we don't relize they are mice and not ice.


---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood
Frequent Contributor
harry-rules
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-11-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



Hermoninny wrote:
I've read in these threads as well as an interview by JK that two important HP characters have to die in Deathly Hallows. My theory is that Ron is going to be one of them. Why? Well, I'll tell you why. Even though we all love Ron, he is very close to Harry and could potentially become a decoy (similar to what happened with Sirius in the 5th book). There have been no Weasley deaths so far and afterall, it's bound to happen, isn't it. Perhaps Ron will die at the hands of Voldemort or one of the Death Eaters and fuel Harry's anger. Or if Ron is not used as a decoy, he may simply get in the way somehow. It's sad, but that's my conclusion.


no way ron is going to live i think harry and voldemort are going to die or somthing like that
all the ladies call me lol!
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
Posts: 1,053
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

I'm sorry, but your post confused me a little.

Are you saying: No way! Ron is going to live!

Or are you saying: No way is Ron going to live... (as in, you do think he's going to die)



harry-rules wrote:
no way ron is going to live i think harry and voldemort are going to die or somthing like that


---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood
Frequent Contributor
harry-rules
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-11-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley



kpeterson32 wrote:
I'm sorry, but your post confused me a little.

Are you saying: No way! Ron is going to live!

Or are you saying: No way is Ron going to live... (as in, you do think he's going to die)



harry-rules wrote:
no way ron is going to live i think harry and voldemort are going to die or somthing like that





im saying i dont think hes going to die
all the ladies call me lol!
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
Posts: 1,053
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Say goodbye to Ron Weasley

Okay, thanks for clarifying that!

(And I agree that he's not. :smileyhappy:)



harry-rules wrote:


kpeterson32 wrote:
I'm sorry, but your post confused me a little.

Are you saying: No way! Ron is going to live!

Or are you saying: No way is Ron going to live... (as in, you do think he's going to die)



harry-rules wrote:
no way ron is going to live i think harry and voldemort are going to die or somthing like that





im saying i dont think hes going to die


---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood