Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Sharing exciting news!

Just use this thread to tell the whole Harry Potter Book Club what happened or what's so exciting! Like say B&N gave me the power to give double laurels! which is true for me!!! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
dobys_girl_55

Re: Sharing exciting news!

o wow so jw why did they do that? and how did you do that i mean that would be really cool!!!!!

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

I think it's 'cause of my rank that I can do this.

dobys_girl_55

ya probably i wouldnt be surprised but i really think that is cool.  so did they just send you an email or how did you find out

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Well, I liked this post on Teen Reads and so I decided to award it a laurel and then when I clicked the icon once it gave that person TWO laurels nad then I was like what and then I awarded the whole page and the same thing happened. I could only assume B&N gave me the power to do this, YAY!!!!

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

haha that is way cool.... how many laurels do you have? you probably have to get a certain amount to do that....

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

So far I have 293 laurels but I have less posts. Isn't that weird? I usually try to type as many as I can but I haven't caught up with the amount of laurels I have.

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

lol thats a good thing, it just means your posts are really good=)

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

This isn't really any good news but I might not be getting on very often anymore :smileysad:. I probably won't get on till next week!:smileysurprised:

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

oh :smileysad: whys that? theres going to be no one to play 20 questions with.

Contributor
Wistful_Writer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

I will probably be on more than I usually am because I don't have much else to do.... Just got out of surgery yesterday:smileysad:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

YEAH!!!! I'm back on sooner than I expected! Oh and I hope your surgery went well Sheripie.:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

thanks, it was alright. it was really sad when i woke up tho, cuz there was a poor little kid who had just got out of his surgery and he was freaking out.

dobys_girl_55

I'M back guys!!! Been gone for a while!!   I'm glad you're surgery went well sheriepie.  And that is sad...... poor little kid.

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

lol yea it was sooo sad.... anyway guys, just wanted to let you know, I'm going to be gone Thursday and Friday.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

I'm going on a trip to Arkansas next Sunday on Father's Day! Then I'll stay over there until the Thursday after next.

Wordsmith
Sheripie55

guess wat?! i finally ranked up!!! im a wordsmith lol

dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

O nice how many laurels do you have

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

I know Dobysgirl55's question is for Sheripie55 but I'll rub it in your face and tell you how many laurels I got, 526!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy: